It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giza- What is the Egyptian government hiding?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
copper is meant to last for quiet a while but not that long that picture does look a little bit dodgey i mean the eygytions just would'nt go hey look we finished the pyrimads lets just leave it open f0r people to go in

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
All these archeologist should be taken behind the barn and... Nobody ever thinks that these structures were _meant to be_ sealed and private? They are raping these sites for nothing more than their own personal curiosity, 99% this kind of 'science' has no practical benefits at all. If you're curious about history dig up old cities and stuff, but for gods sake leave these tombs alone. I'm just hoping that some day when they decite to rape another site there will be something really big, mad and dangerous waiting for them there.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
If you're curious about history dig up old cities and stuff, but for gods sake leave these tombs alone. I'm just hoping that some day when they decite to rape another site there will be something really big, mad and dangerous waiting for them there.

Specifically, of what tombs do you speak?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
(1) No one was ever burried in the Great Pyramid, nor was it a tomb
There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that any one was ever burried in the Great Pyramid or that it was a tomb. there is no evidence that a corpse had ever been in the Kings chamber or placed in the coffer . Nor has any embalming materials, any fragments of any article, or any clues whatsoever been found in the Kings chamber or anywhere in the entire pyramid that in any way suggests that Khufu (or anyone else) was ever buried there.
(2) There are no hieroglyphics in the Great Pyramid
There is only one place in the pyramid itself, on a granite slab above the ceiling of the main chamber, a few small chalk marks that have a slight resemblance to a hieroglyphic symbol for the name of Khufu, which was probably written by their
discoverer" Richard Howard-Vyse. Why are there not inscriptions in many places as in the other pyramids that "were" built by the egyptians?
(3) The Sphinx is not Egyptian
A simple look at the Sphinx reveals a lot, there is no serpent or snake, placed,inscribed or seen anywhere on or around the Sphinx. This is contrary to most Egyptian Sphinxs which usaully have a snake or serpent on the headress.
The Great Pyramid could not have been built without DEVINE REVELATION
The Great Pyramid sits in the exact center of the landmass of the earth.
Its corners point to true North, South, East and West
The diameter of the earth is encoded in its measurements, this fact alone suggest this information had to be revealed to the builders for there was no way they could measure the earth, only today with the use of satellites can we make these measurements.
CONCLUSION

The Great Pyramid is actually " GOD'S HOUSE " and was built by King Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived. The reason for the lack of inscriptions is because God is not like man and does not need to put his name on anything to prove he inspired its building, the proof is the building itself. God for a certainty knows the measurements of the earth better than anyone he built it. He shared this info with King Solomon who he chose to build his Temple.
The volume of the Coffer in the Kings chamber ( The Holy Of Holies Of God's House ) is the same as the volume of the "Ark Of The Covenant"
The width of the Kings chamber (34 feet) is the same as the width of the " Golden Cherubims " (34 feet) that were in God"s House.

God's House sits in the midst of Egypt and on the border therof
God's House is made of stone blocks
God's House is High
God's House is a " Wonder"
People will walk by God's House and wonder "who built it, how it was built, what happened to the builders and why became desolate"

DO THEY NOT ASK THESE QUESTIONS OF THE GREAT PYRAMID TODAY ?

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

All of them, pyramids big and small. And even if the pyramids aren't tombs they still were build to be sealed. Our curiosity seems to be greater than the respect for those who build these marvels. Probably thousands died for that cause and now we have tourist walking around them and most artifacts stolen or in museum collections. Just because the builders are long gone it doesn't give us the right to violate their creations.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
well!! how come no one wants to find the true creators of the sphinx
this surely has to be more than archeological curiosity!!! If it is the site of atlantean shrine. Don't you think it will mend our tattered and disorted ancient history and origins

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Right-O
Time to mix up the Sections with this little link.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

All of them, pyramids big and small. And even if the pyramids aren't tombs they still were build to be sealed. Our curiosity seems to be greater than the respect for those who build these marvels. Probably thousands died for that cause and now we have tourist walking around them and most artifacts stolen or in museum collections. Just because the builders are long gone it doesn't give us the right to violate their creations.

Well someone else actually decided to impart some knowledege to you before you could respond a second time. That poster was absolutely correct in that there is NO , and I repeat; NO evidence that the pyramids were used as tombs. Furthermore, those erroneously named tombs (pyramids) were accessed and desecrated long before the scientists and Egyptologists of today began studying same. Yes, our curiosity is greater for there is a period whereby man's history is obscured by the loss of vital data, data which relates to the dawn of man itself, and which may possibly explain the void between the knowledge of our forebears and ourselves.

It is no revelation to anyone capable of forward thought, that Egyptian technology of that day far exceeded that of our own to the 20th century, and in some aspects, that of the pyramids and mummification themselves. Even to this day! But that technology suddenly disappeared without a trace. No records, no papyri, no books, no architectural documents. If you have no interest in your past, then pass by this thread, for I assure you, what is to come as offered by me, will agitate many.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
The Great Pyramid is actually " GOD'S HOUSE " and was built by King Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived. The reason for the lack of inscriptions is because God is not like man and does not need to put his name on anything to prove he inspired its building, the proof is the building itself. God for a certainty knows the measurements of the earth better than anyone he built it. He shared this info with King Solomon who he chose to build his Temple.
The volume of the Coffer in the Kings chamber ( The Holy Of Holies Of God's House ) is the same as the volume of the "Ark Of The Covenant"
The width of the Kings chamber (37 feet) is the same as the width of the " Golden Cherubims " (37 feet) that were in God"s House.

God's House sits in the midst of Egypt and on the border therof
God's House is made of stone blocks
God's House is High
God's House is a " Wonder"
People will walk by God's House and wonder "who built it, how it was built, what happened to the builders and why became desolate"

What are your sources for this information...I have heard the cherubim and king's chamber measurement reference several times before, but I have never been told the source. This is an interesting angle to our pyramid discussion; I would like to learn more about this theory.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
2 Chron 3:10 � And in the most holy house he made two cherubims of image work, and overlaid them with gold. [image�: or, (as some think) of moveable work]
11 And the wings of the cherubims were twenty cubits long(34 ft.): one wing of the one cherub was five cubits(8 1/2 ft.), reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was likewise five cubits, reaching to the wing of the other cherub.
12 And one wing of the other cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was five cubits also, joining to the wing of the other cherub.
13 The wings of these cherubims spread themselves forth twenty cubits: and they stood on their feet, and their faces were inward. [inward: or, toward the house]
I made an error in the earlier post, twenty cubits = 34 ft. not 37 ft.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Besides the scripture quotes, is there any more to this theory, or is it just the simple fact that the measurements parallel those in the pyramid?

God for a certainty knows the measurements of the earth better than anyone he built it. He shared this info with King Solomon who he chose to build his Temple.

As I remember it, and I could be wrong, the measurements you are speaking of in relation to the pyramid weren't exactly correct, although very, very close to being exact. The "God" you are speaking of is considered to have the quality of omnipotence which would disallow for the measurements to be inacurate even to the slightest degree. I know that man's hand laid the blocks (in this theory), but wouldn't the aforementioned "divine revelation" make sure of the absolute accuracy of such a task?

The reason for the lack of inscriptions is because God is not like man and does not need to put his name on anything to prove he inspired its building, the proof is the building itself.

This is a very interesting idea, as is the whole Solomon theory, although it is getting off the subject line of the thread. Would you mind U2Uing me more information about this theory (perhaps a few links or specific examples linking the passages directly to the Giza necropolis) as to keep this thread on track?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There has been much debate as to who built the pyramids. Was it Egyptians, aliens, or some one(s) else.
I propose that the three great pyramids and sphinx were built and existing long before the Egyptians found them and claimed them as their own. I was involved in a research project to that point- please see link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems to me that they Egyptians found these items and attempted to copy them.
You will note failed, step and bent pyramids. IMO, these were unsuccessful attempts at coping what they found.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Giant in the sarcophagus.

On the Osiris shaft located underneath the causeway in front of the pyramid of Khafre:

Dr. Zawi Hawass:- I looked down into the water and saw the -remains of four pillars surrounded by a wall. Inside them was part of a large, granite sarcophagus with the lid thrown off...I made my second discovery from this excavation after moving the lid of the sarcophagus. I found inscribed in the ground the hieroglyphic word "pr", meaning "house." It is known that the Giza plateau was called "pr wsir nb rstaw", or "the house of Osiris, Lord of Rastaw." "Rastaw" refers to the underground tunnels, and most likely the name of the plateau reflects the tunnels inside the Osiris Shaft.

Genesis tells us there was an abomination on earth prior to the flood God sent to rid the earth of that abomination which the sons of God created with the daughters of men and the giants so spawned. The flood supposedly wiped out all beings but Noah�s family and the creatures he saved. It should be noted that the bloodline of the giants continued after the flood in; Og and Goliath. Numbers 13:33, recording the victories of the Israelites under Moses recounts: �And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak.�

The war in Heaven is given a passing reference in the Canonical books, while we have a rather detailed description from another source one banned from The Christian Bible, not found in the Hebrew, but supported by fragments found at Qumram (Dead Sea Scrolls) and hailed as an important book of the Apocrypha. Enter Enoch, a man relegated to a reference in the Bible, but albeit a most holy man: "Enoch walked with God and God took him.�As an aside for now, Enoch is sometimes credited with introducing architecture and astrology to man. More importantly he was considered a scribe.

1Enoch recounts the War in Heaven where 200 Angels, led by 18 more prominent, came to earth, mated with the women and produced a breed of giants. They revealed secrets of the Heavens which Enoch suggests was the knowledge that was to be kept from man, such that Sorcery, Incantations, Astrology, Astronomy , Herbal remedies, and metallurgy were the secrets of Heaven . By the Archangels� pleas, God sends Uriel to warn �the son of �Lamech� to prepare for the great flood.

The order was also given to defeat the fallen angels, and to the leader-Azazel (N.B) 1En. 10:6:8 cast him into darkness; and opening the desert which is in Dudael, cast him in there. Throw upon him hurled and pointed stones, covering him with darkness; There shall he remain for ever; cover his face, that he may not see the light. And in the great day of judgment let him be cast into the fire. The order is reinforced to Gabriel- 1En10:15 And when all their sons shall be slain, when they shall see the perdition of their beloved, bind them for seventy generations underneath the earth, even to the day of judgment, and of consummation, until the judgment, the effect of which will last for ever, be completed.

The place of Dudael is not known, and not intended to be known until the day of judgement when they are cast into the fire. The above passage clearly provides for the imprisonment of the fallen angels underneath the earth until that final day.

God, in his command to Garbiel, declares that all will be right again and: 10:27 The earth shall be cleansed from all corruption, from every crime, from all punishment, and from all suffering; neither will I again send a deluge upon it from generation to generation for ever. This did not turn out to be the case, but that is another subject.

A dream by Enoch is then recounted whereby he is shown all the Earth and the place where God has commanded the imprisonment of the fallen:

1 En18: I saw the winds of heaven which turn and bring the circumference of the sun and all the stars to their setting. I saw the winds on the earth carrying the clouds: I saw the paths of the angels. I saw at the end of the earth the firmament of the heaven above. And I proceeded and saw a place which burns day and night, where there are six mountains of magnificent stones, three towards the east were of a variegated stone; one of which was of margarite( * ), and another of antimony. Those towards the south were of a red stone. The middle one reached to heaven like the throne of God; a throne composed of alabaster, the top of which was of sapphire. I saw, too, a blazing fire hanging over all the mountains. And there I saw a place on the other side of an extended territory, where waters were collected.

1En 18:16 The stars which roll over fire are those which transgressed the commandment of God before their time arrived; for they came not in their proper season. Therefore was He offended with them, and bound them, until the period of the consummation of their crimes in the secret year.

(*) margarite aggregate:e- a white grey or pinkish yellowsh grey; Iranian origin pearl like- or of one of antimony:-- a semi-conductor element)

From the National geographic site: East pyramids: Snefru also in Dashur, built the bent pyramid This first Egyptian attempt at a smooth-sided pyramid, incorporating the use of limestone. (Pearl)

Snefru ordered another pyramid to be built nearby, the Red, In Dashur.

Djoser's at Saqqara, sth of Giza- Step Pyramid Extensive use of stone�here and there carved to resemble wood, reeds, or other softer materials� (Coloured)

(Per this link, the Red pyramid is north of the bent. www.ancient-egypt.org...)

For the moment, we consider the three southern might be in Giza. Note the middle one which would be Khafre, reached to the heavens. Although it is not taller than Khufu, it sits on a higher elevation and appears taller.

To recap: 6 (pyramids) mountains of stone are mentioned and described; 3 in the east consisting of 2 coloured and one pearl which I offer may be these: 3 North are Snefru smooth; Snefru Red; Djoser wood resemblance. 3 isouth are, Khufu; Khefre; Menkaure.

Egypt is divided into the lower, (northern) and upper, (southern) . A bit upside down by our thinking. The three areas of the pyramids are considered to be in lower Egypt. Giza, is NW of Saqqara and Dashur. Apparently in ancient Egypt everything was measured according to the Nile which flows in a northward direction into the Mediterranean Sea. If we reverse the thinking then, Giza becomes south of Dashur and Saqqara, which are to the east of the Nile.

The extended territory with the collection of water may be the Aswan dam.

The following link from National Geographic provides an excellent visual. As the link opens you see the major pyramids. Align the cursor of each for a description, click on same and then click map to see the areas in question as shown on the map. The two smaller pyramids were to come more than a hundred years later. www.nationalgeographic.com...

The very deep chambers below the causeway are closed to the public by by Hawass, and further mention of same to the public left to those who can only steal a peek. It houses this huge sarcophagus linked to Osiris himself, the God depicted with horns of the ram, and identified as the dead form of an earthly ruler, and the brother of SETH (n.b) his killer.

Egypt plays very prominently throughout the OT, but we don�t really have a clear idea as to what deep significance it holds. Have they begun to close in on the mysteries of the Bible? I maintain that all we need in order to unravel those mysteries is to understand Genesis itself, particularly chapters 1 through 5. Perhaps this giant sarcophagus is the first real clue, and perhaps it will shed some light as to why no pharoah�s remains have been found in a pyramid, or why the chambers extend so far underground, or why they are surprisingly non-descript within, or if they do indeed hold some connection to the heavens.

The mysteries of ancient Egypt were wiped clean like a slate, leaving not a recorded trace on papyri as to its amazing architectural, astronomical, medicinal and mathematical brilliance. Was it all enveloped in flames with the burning of the library at Alexandria, or with the advent of the Christian Roman empire? Perhaps or perhaps it never was recorded.

Next: The two scribes.

[edit on 10/5/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The mysteries of ancient Egypt were wiped clean like a slate, leaving not a recorded trace on papyri as to its amazing architectural, astronomical, medicinal and mathematical brilliance. Was it all enveloped in flames with the burning of the library at Alexandria, or with the advent of the Christian Roman empire? Perhaps or perhaps it never was recorded.

This is not necessarily true. I mean the papyri were destroyed but the slate wasn't completely wiped clean. We just haven't found the slate yet. When Atlantis sunk, Thehuti (Thoth) inscribed tablets with all the knowledge of the Ancients so that the knowledge would be preserved forever. Or so the story goes.

An example from www.marsearthconnection.com

It is written in the ancient texts that Khufu also wrote a major work of scriptural importance that would one day be found. It would explain the nature of our reality and what your true purpose in this llifetime. Thoth played a crucial role in the design and orientation of many famous pyramids, temples and ziggurats...

According to Thoth, the Great Pyramid and all of the sacred sites in Egypt were built following the geometries of the human body. Just as there are black-light and white-light spirals that come off the human body, so there are similar spirals that come out of the Great Pyramid. One of these spirals used to pass through one end of the sarcophagus that is in the Kings Chamber - the Egyptian Antiquities Authority has moved the sarcophagus from it's original location, because of strange things" that used to happen when visitors lay down in the sarcophagus...

It was said that Thoth wrote books in which he set forth a fabulous knowledge of magic and incantation, and then concealed them in a crypt...

According to a very old Masonic tradition, the Egyptian god Thoth had played a major part in preserving knowledge of the mason craft and transmitting it to mankind after the flood...

Since lions often lived on desert margins, the Egyptians considered them guardians of the eastern and western horizons where the Sun was born and died. The god Aker was expressed by depictions of 2 lions back to back with the solar disk between them. The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean say "4 are the Sons of Horus, 2 are the Guards of East and West...." The god Horus' 4 sons were each associated with a cardinal direction. The wisdom god Thoth laid out Giza's geometry.

And: One of Rand's major aims, in trying to understand the hidden geometry of the Giza site, was to try to locate this 'secret chamber'. The notion seems to have originated in a document called the Westcar Papyrus, now in the Berlin Museum, which seems to be a New Kingdom copy of a Fifth Dynasty original (soon after the time of Cheops, or Khufu). It tells how Cheops asked a magician named Djedi the number (or precise location) of Thoth's secret chamber, and was told that it could be found in a flint chest in a building called the Inventory. But no one, Djedi added, would be able to obtain the number until the coming of three kings as yet unborn...The papyrus breaks off at this point...

AND: Robert Bauval, in Secret Chamber, unearths another clue in a tract called the Kore Kosmou, from the famous 'Hermetic Writings' attributed to Hermes Trismegistos (or Thoth), of which the most famous sentence is 'As above, so below.' Scholars had inclined to dismiss these writings as Neoplatonist texts written by Greeks in the third century AD, but more recently it has been widely accepted that they date back to early Ptolemaic times in Egypt (i.e., from 323 BC onwards). In the Kore Kosmou, Isis tells her son Horus that the secret knowledge of Hermes was engraved on stone and hidden away 'near the secrets of Osiris.' She also declares that a spell has been cast on these books, to ensure that they remain unseen...

So as you can see it's not a clean slate, only a lost one. This also answers the "Sphinx isn't Egyptian" theory. You're right, it isn't... It's Atlantean in origin.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Chesterwood, without knowing it you are somewhat on the same road as me as to where I am taking this thread, although we are in different lanes. Thoth is important to my take on things and is in fact one of the Two Scribes which my follow up post will be about.

When I say the slate was wiped clean it was in reference to no written information as to how the pyramids were built, why they were built, and for what purpose they were built. They just are. It would be like transporting a computer back in time, leave it in the middle of the desert, with the chips and the hard drive removed, plant a billboard nearby with just the picture of Bill Gates and watch the people of that day try to figure it all out.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The two Scribes

About all we know from the representations of Egypt�s ancient past is that the legends of their humanlike Gods predated the hieroglyph. Egyptologists are not in complete agreement with each other when it comes to defining the hierarchal genesis, myths and roles of the Gods, largely due the lateness of the records and the metamorphosis of the Godly realm. Unraveling the relationships or realms of the various humanlike Gods is not afforded the luxury of a textual compilation irrefutable or otherwise, as Christians, Jews and Muslims have with the scriptures. The earliest timeframe from which the birth of humanlike Gods emanates is in the Naqada II period, c3500-3100 BCE. During the 2nd dynasty; c.2900- 2600 BCE of the early dynastic period, that worship of these Gods began to surface. It should be noted that evidence of the dawn of recorded communication is credited to Mesopotamians evolving from pictographs, c3200 BCE to script, c1,000BCE, during the Naqada II period, as was the. hieroglyph.

Common sense dictates then, that the history of the Egyptians as well as the principles of The Bible from Adam to Shem, was left to the devices of the storytellers and the historians to make their best guesses as to the eras within which these Gods fall...

The First:- Djeheuty/Thoth

Egyptian Gods were humans who had lived and ruled as kings and queens, skipping over for the time being, the hierarchy , we find Djeheuty or Thoth, as he is sometimes known. Some say he was the son of the first God Re/Ra, others, the son of the God Seth. Consensus has it however that he was a scribe of whom little is really known, but said to be; the inventor of writing; God of wisdom; a moon God; God of magic/ alchemy; messenger of the gods, a supporter of Horus over Seth, and whose equivalent Roman nomen is Hermes. The Tarot cards are often referred to as the book of Thoth. Djehuty/Thoth was said to have written a book of the secrets of wisdom, how to see the wind; hear the sun and speak the language of the beasts, and know the knowledge of the stars� the Book of The dead. All one need do is find it and free it from its earthly tomb.

Most important for the purpose of this exercise, is the story with which the Greek writer Plutarch tells of Helios (Re/Ra) sending a curse onto his daughter Rhea (Nut) denying her the ability to give birth on any of the 360 days of the year. Her births were made possible after the intervention of Hermes (Djeheuty/Thoth) who created 5 extra days. This particular story is used to explain the Egyptian calendar change.

Evolution of our Calendar:

Consensus has the calendar attributed to the Egyptians who utilized a 360 day cycle as far back as 4,000BCE. They are also credited with having calculated the actual solar year as having 365.25 days, although not accurately accounting for same in implementation which allowed for the seasons to fall out of sync. Subsequently came the lunar calendar, a convoluted mess which even after a 19 year rotation was still out of sync. This calendar was later adopted by a number of regions including the Jews, but curiously enough, to this day, not the Islamic communities. The Roman calendar came next, initially adding to the confusion until a half century or so before Christ�s birth, with the intercession of the Julian calendar. It was not until the 16th century however that the standard of today, the Gregorian calendar, was devised and largely accepted.

The second scribe- Or is he? Hermes Trismegistos:

A name meaning Hermes the Thrice great given by the Greeks to the Egyptian God of alchemy and sacred writings c300-250BCE�Djeheuty/Thoth. In both Greek and Egyptian mythology, both of these Gods are credited with the same powers. So who then was the second scribe? And was he in fact a second scribe?

There are two known renderings of a particular set of Jewish legends; Ethiopic and Slavonic. The former surviving in fragments, while the latter reads more like a list of oral or literary traditions. According to jewishencyclopedia.com; �about 300 the Christian Church began to discredit the book, and after the time of the Greek fathers Syncellus and Cedrenus, who cite it (ninth century), it was entirely lost until (1773) when the traveler Bruce discovered in Abyssinia two manuscripts of the book.�. Of major import is what was transpiring in and around 300ACE. The site goes on to state; �The Ethiopic Book of Enoch is one of the most important pieces of apocalyptic literature; it furnishes extensive contributions to our knowledge of Jewish folk-lore in the last pre-Christian centuries; it shows apocalyptic literature in its beginnings, and above all it is a source of information upon the religious ideas of Judaism, especially concerning the Messiah;��

1911 encyclopedia.org offers a bit more: The Ethiopic �version was made from an ancestor of the Greek fragment discovered at Giza.� Not Israel, but Egypt.

Addressing a specific part of the Ethiopic Book of Enoch for now, 1Enoch offers up a great deal of information important to the history of man, and notably;
41:2 �my eyes beheld the secrets of the lightning and the thunder; and the secrets of the winds��

42;1: 2 �Wisdom found not a place on earth where she could inhabit; her dwelling therefore is in heaven. 2Wisdom went forth to dwell among the sons of men, but she obtained not a habitation. Wisdom returned to her place�

43:1: �I beheld another splendour, and the stars of heaven. I observed that he called them all by their respective names, and that they heard. ��

47:3 �At that time I beheld the Ancient of days, while he sat upon the throne of his glory, while the book of the living was opened in his presence,��

51:5:7 And that angel of peace answered me, saying,�Those mountains which you have seen, the mountain of iron, the mountain of copper, the mountain of silver, the mountain of gold, the mountain of fluid metal, and the mountain of lead,�6In those days men shall not be saved by gold and by silver. 7Nor shall they have it in their power to secure themselves, and to fly.

56:3 �The saints shall exist in the light of the sun, and the elect in the light of everlasting life, the days of whose life shall never terminate; nor shall the days of the saints be numbered, who seek for light, and obtain righteousness with the Lord of spirits.

One verse (17) from Chapter 71, is entirely devoted to the moon and its phases: The sun now returns to the east, entering into the sixth gate, and rising and setting in the sixth gate thirty-one days, on account of its signs.

The deception of lineage- part 1.

58:1 �1In the five hundredth year, and in the seventh month, on the fourteenth day of the month, of the lifetime of Enoch, in that parable, I saw that the heaven of heavens shook;�
This 505 and 7/12th years, rules out Enoch the father of Methusaleh, the father of Lamech, the father of Noah. It must refer to Enosh the son of Seth. 415 years into his son, Cainan�s life. Why? Because of this error, 37:1 �The vision which he saw, the second vision of wisdom, which Enoch saw, the son of Jared, the son of Malaleel, the son of Canan, the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam.

The Enoch described above in 37:1 lived to be 365 years. The Enoch described in 58:1 was alive during his 500th year. But Gen:5:22 records; �And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methusaleh�and all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty five years.� And this; 64:9 �Afterwards my great-grandfather Enoch seized me with his hand� represents the author as being the Enoch who lived for only 365 years. Note, 365 the exact same number as we attribute to a year, when as previously shown, this author clearly speaks to the year being composed of 12 months plus 5 days in his lunar liturgy.

The Books of Enoch are presumed to have been written between the second century BCE and the second ACE. Egypt�s Roman Period is from 30BCE to 395ACE. The Thoth-Enoch tales, may be the secret behind the pyramids, which is foremost not how they were built, but why and by whom.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
First: Book of Thoth according to Tour Egypt. net
The magical powers of Thoth were so great, that the Egyptians had tales of a 'Book of Thoth', which would allow a person who read the sacred book to become the most powerful magician in the world. The Book which "the god of wisdom wrote with his own hand" was, though, a deadly book that brought nothing but pain and tragedy to those that read it, despite finding out about the "secrets of the gods themselves" and "all that is hidden in the stars".

[QUOTE]
Egyptian Gods were humans who had lived and ruled as kings and queens, skipping over for the time being, the hierarchy , we find Djeheuty or Thoth, as he is sometimes known. Some say he was the son of the first God Re/Ra, others, the son of the God Seth. Consensus has it however that he was a scribe of whom little is really known, but said to be; the inventor of writing; God of wisdom; a moon God; God of magic/ alchemy; messenger of the gods, a supporter of Horus over Seth, and whose equivalent Roman nomen is Hermes. The Tarot cards are often referred to as the book of Thoth. Djehuty/Thoth was said to have written a book of the secrets of wisdom, how to see the wind; hear the sun and speak the language of the beasts, and know the knowledge of the stars� the Book of The dead. All one need do is find it and free it from its earthly tomb.

Most important for the purpose of this exercise, is the story with which the Greek writer Plutarch tells of Helios (Re/Ra) sending a curse onto his daughter Rhea (Nut) denying her the ability to give birth on any of the 360 days of the year. Her births were made possible after the intervention of Hermes (Djeheuty/Thoth) who created 5 extra days. This particular story is used to explain the Egyptian calendar change.
[/QUOTE]

Also after extensive research using the Book of the Dead as translated by Budge, I have come to find that Thoth is actually a self-created deity. There are MANY others who view him in this way for example:
1. Gods, Heros, and Myths.com
Thoth was the god of wisdom, the moon, and sacred writings. Thoth played a very important role in aiding Isis to save Osiris and promote him the the leader of the dead. Thoth was later to claim the throne of Egypt after Osiris's son Horus.
Parents: Self Created, Ra, or possibly from Set
Lover: Nut
Sacred Animal: Baboon
Depicted: Thoth is usually depicted as a man with the head of an ibis bird. Another possibly depiction is that of his sacred animal the baboon.
Cult Center: Hermopolis
2. Nile River.com
Thoth
(Tahuti)

The god of wisdom, Thoth was said to be self-created at the beginning of time, along with his consort Maat (truth), or perhaps created by Ra. At Hermopolis it was said that from Thoth were produced eight children, of which the most important was Amen, "the hidden one", who was worshiped in Thebes as the Lord of the Universe. The name "Thoth" is the Greek corruption of the original Egyptian Tahuti. Thoth was depicted as a man with the head of an ibis bird, and carried a pen and scrolls upon which he recorded all things. He was shown as attendant in almost all major scenes involving the gods, but especially at the judgement of the deceased. He served as the messenger of the gods, and was thus equated by the Greeks with Hermes.

Thoth served in Osirian myths as the vizier (chief advisor and minister) of Osiris. He, like Khons, is a god of the moon, and is also the god of time, magic, and writing. He was considered the inventor of the hieroglyphs

So I must say this statement is incorrect but correct in some mythological stories. Nieth was the mother of Ra and her Spittle was the demon Apep/Apophis. I've even drawn my own genaeology on the dieties according to the book, although I only went as far as I needed for the research I am currently inundated with for my next novel.

Here is the list:
Nu (Primeval waters) from her came Ptah who married Sekhet and beget Khnemu; Khepera; and finally Nieth. Thoth is self-created. From Nieth came Apophis and Ra who married Tmu. Ra and Tmu beget Shu and Tefnut. Ra created Hathor, Bastet and Ma'at who married Thoth. From Shu and Tefnut we get Geb and Nut who in turn beget Isis, Osiris, Nephysthys, and Seth. From the union of Isis and Osiris we get Horus who married Hathor and from Osiris and Nephythys we get Anubis.

I tell you, this took up many years of my life as has the entire Ancient Egyptian culture. Now I've moved in a new direction, Fantasy Novels that are based solely on mythology, most of it Egyptian based in some way. My next big adventure is my second book, Atlantis Reprieved. The first was Ra's Warrior, which incidentally was based on a mythological story about Khufu's wife with blond hair and blue eyes. I'm still working on getting it published but with some luck and a lot of determination it will be selling in book stores within the next year.

Keep research alive!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This thread which I started, is under the heading of ancient civilizations, and it is at this point that it crosses into religious conspiracies, although very relative to the topic since the two historical concepts will always merge into one. I don�t know if there is really any interest in what I have written, since the picture I have painted thus far is intentionally nondescript, and I don�t know if any moderator even reads this thread and therefore should so decide where it should be placed, but from here anything further I might write becomes far more pointed. So until I am advised further or have direction on where to continue, this is the last post relative to the opening post.

Why Osiris?

Dr. Zahi Hawass, though not too eager to delve into the cavernous underneath of the Khafre causeway, did disclose findings of pottery shards and bones dated to the end of the 26th dynasty, c500BCE. These however are overshadowed by his dating of the shaft itself to 1500BCE.

In the Lower Egypt area between Thebes and Abydos was a town known as Nubt which was excavated by Flinders Petrie and James Quibell. The find of over 2,000 graves in this walled town, initially led Petrie to believe the remains were those belonging to the period; 2181-2055BCE. Petrie later realized that in fact, what he had found was a much older town, reaching back in history to c4000-3100BCE. Thriving in commerce, and community organization, Nadaqa as it is now known, is currently credited as the first town to openly trade merchandise, gold, silver and copper, and traverse the Red Sea and Nile to carry out this commerce with ancient Mesopotamia and Palestine (Canaan). It is here that colour appeared on the artifacts, carving tools took shape and later became more sophisticated. Rich was the land in minerals, in fact so much so, the name itself means Gold(town).

Excavations at this site provided insight into some of Egypt�s earliest age, which represented a vastly different belief system to the more elaborate dynasties of the pharaohs and Gods to follow. Predating the worship of the Ogdoad but favouring Seth over Osiris, the art, architecture and religious aspects were quite simple in comparison to later finds. Mummification was not used, or royal tombs nor pyramids to bury the dead. Instead, graves lined with the pottery possessions of the dead sufficed. Naqada thus far has yielded the earliest finds of hieroglyphs and metal works. The area seemed abundant with fauna from hippopotami to gazelles, snakes to crocodiles. Life in Naqada predated the pharaohs but it was the growth and expansion of the area which gave rise to the unification of Egypt.

Near the delta of the Nile in Upper Egypt lies the great pyramid complexes of the dynasties some 1400 years younger than Naqada. Rife with funerary evidence of pharaohs and queens, and their service to Osiris and Horus, they collectively all lack solid evidence to support that they were in fact the tombs of the pharaohs.

As mentioned earlier, the townsfolk of Naqada were devotees to Seth. It was not until the First dynasty 3100-2686BCE, and much later into the Old Kingdom c2686-2181BCE the age of the great pyramids, that Osiris it seems started to gain in notoriety. By 800BCE, Seth, his brother, was being painted as evil, reduced in godly stature and minimalised. A marked religious transition this presumably arising from the ever changing myths and affiliations throughout the era, and significant because of the hierarchy of the Egyptian gods.

Abydos to the north, and west of the mile by 9.5 miles, is as equally as old, and known as the cult centre of Osiris. It is also the first known place to bury the rulers of unified Egypt. Evidence of pottery shards found in Abydos suggest they hail from the Naqada area, and consequently, one can presume Abydos was a town founded by settlers. Abydos too enjoyed trade with Palestine, in fact Abydos held most of the benefits of Naqada except for its location and early prosperity. The town itself was a buildup of settlements over those before, understandable considering that the earlier settlements are said to be below groundwater.

The tombs of the earliest rulers in both Naqada and Abydos, were mastabas, the same shortened table like structure Egyptologists link to the tombs of the officials of the later days. Tombs in general became more elaborate throughout the course of Egypt�s history, where some very elaborate mastaba tombs of later dynasties have been excavated, evidence put forth that they were obviously a crypt of choice for the true elite. Whether the pharaohs abandoned pyramid tombs for underground resting places, either to thwart robbery or due to the cost as Egyptologists claim, is arguable considering the lack of evidence to support the supposed corpse or its regal status.

The archaeological aging of ancient Egypt is part science, part chronology, similar to the aging of Babylon; the supposed cradle of civilization. If we seek to understand the past as it inherently affects us today, it is necessary to muddle through and try to sort fact from fiction, myth from legend, deception from reason, and as best as we can, remove all bias and preconceived notions in search of that understanding. What we find out in our search can soothe our interest in the progression of man; shock us to the point where we lose faith in ourselves; question our own devoutness, or stun us with the realization that we have been a product of mass duplicity. For me that muddling through was just curiosity, a hunger to learn more, the soothing interest. Now here I am instead, a victim of stunned realization. The scientific age of Babylonia for example as proof of it being the "cradle of civilization," just does not fit.

The following is a brief description of the important Egyptian gods; the possible gateway to man's history.

Hermopolitian Ogdoad (group of eight gods/ 4 pairs). From the Hermopolis Magna, the cult place of Thoth � deals with creation, earliest texts from c2055-1650BCE.-The sun god emerged from a group of 4 pairs of male and female deities, given names to describe the unformed chaos- air, moisture, darkness, eternity etc.

The Ennead (four generations of the 9 major gods) from the Heliopolis � incorporates the next thought of thinking- from one to many. The pyramid texts of the Old Kingdom c2680-2180BCE describes the processes of life. In the beginning, Atum/Re/Ra the creator and sun god, created two opposites of himself; the god Shu(air) and goddess Tefnut (moisture). These two then produced Geb (earth) and Nut (heaven) It is from these two that man was first created in their children; Osiris, Seth, Isis and Nephthys. The Egyptians obviously had no problem with acknowledging incest as the means to begin population. One other myth: Memphite theory, surviving in the Shabaqo Stone, hails from the new kingdom c1550 � 1069BCE, and incorporated new gods associating them with all manner of earthly and human characteristics, the lotus leaf birth and male fertility for example. In this period, Ra became Ptah.

Ra/Re (Atum) Worship of the sun god reached its peak at Heliopolis during the fourth

His children Shu (air) & Tefnut (moisture) parallel the creation of Earth.

Geb- Father of Osiris , Seth, Isis, Nephthys, God of the Earth.

Nut- Mother of - Osiris , Seth, Isis, Nephthys, Goddess of Heaven.

Osiris � Father of Horus, God of the underworld

Isis -Sister and wife of Osiris, mother of Horus.

Seth- God of chaos and confusion. Killed his brother Osiris. But still favour with Ra. C800BCE texts started describing Seth as evil. Some of his statues recarved and his defeat at the hands of Horus celebrated.

Nephthys- Infamous. Supposed wife of Seth, mother of Anubis by Osiris. Protector of the dead

Djeheuty/Thoth � Some say son of Re, others, son of Seth. God of wisdom, a moon God, messenger of the gods. It is said that Thoth authored a text of great importance which would one day be found, and would explain the great secrets.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Before the days of Menes it is said, "Egypt was governed by the gods," and Sanscrit and Chaldean traditions speak of a mighty and highly civilized nation with powerful monarchs, whose kingdoms stretched from the Indies, through the peninsula of Arabia and southward, through the Nile valley, which before its conquest, "was inhabited by impure beings." A great king, named Ait, overwhelmed the Daityas or evil beings and protected the Devatas or good people. A great monarchy flourished near the mountains of the Moon in which the Nile had its rise; the country was called the Moon land. The story of the early struggle is also preserved in the Egyptian myth of Osiris, the Judge of the Dead.

A very ancient Greek writer says he found the story written "in very old characters."
"Amon, King of Arabia, married Rhea, the sister of Chronos, King of Italy, Sicily, and Northern Africa. Afterward, Amon became the father of Dionysus (Osiris) by Almathea, and Rhea, his wife left him, in jealous rage, and married Chronos, her brother, who then waged war with Amon and defeated him. When Dionysus was grown and educated, he espoused his father Amon's cause, defeated Chronos, dethroned him, and placed his son, Zeus, in his place."

Another account makes Dionysus himself the King of Egypt, and afterward, being killed by Typhon, the evil being, he was deified as Osiris, the Judge of the Dead.

-F.D.S. 1876

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
as crass as it may sound,

I find most archaeology nothing but digging in a dump. Gold and jewels are cool but beyond that I could care less. Find some ancient technology proving the pyramids were not built over 15-30 years by manual labor.........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join