It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed Didnt Get that Job? Sue!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by macman

Beneath the person eh?

Why not be honest say that the job does not pay worth a damn as opposed to the cost of living? That might be a stretch for you, to be intellectually honest here?

So more Progressive Gobble De Goop.

A job is a job.

So a job as a dishwasher or a burger flipper is on par with being a foreman at construction site? Or a management level position within a company? They pay about the same, right?

Thank you for opening my once closed eyes.

It does not matter.
There are still jobs.
To complain about not having a job, because you wont take a job that pays less, or is not on par with your last is really childish.

If you want a job, they are out there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Beneath the person eh?

Why not be honest say that the job does not pay worth a damn as opposed to the cost of living? That might be a stretch for you, to be intellectually honest here?

A job is a job.

So a job as a dishwasher or a burger flipper is on par with being a foreman at construction site? Or a management level position within a company? They pay about the same, right?

Thank you for opening my once closed eyes.

And to call a spade a spade here.
Lets get this correct.
You, think that because there is not an equal job out there for the unemployed Construction worker, equal in pay and/or position, then that equates to no job.

Question for you. You must be the guy that can divide by 0.

Talk about a shining example of the Progressive/Alinsky style arguing. Good Gravy!!!!
So, by changing the definition of "job", you think you get to control the argument.

Nope, don't buy it. Keep moving to the next fool.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I gladly will, because the current fool I was arguing with has proven himself to be utterly inept.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I gladly will, because the current fool I was arguing with has proven himself to be utterly inept.

Sure sure.
In the words of Neo96 "MEH
"

The crap you are peddling could be pulled right out of any Communist manifesto, Cloward Piven Book, "How to debate on the internet using the Alinsky way" internet site.

Again, you say there are no jobs. But, that is only because you have redefined the word "job".

MEH MEH MEH

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They might not be able to discriminate based on employment status after this bill passes, but they can still tell you "we're not hiring you because you're not working in the field your applying for right now".

If you're out of work right now, best thing you can do is offer your services at no charge to charitable groups.

If you're a professional of any kind, you will find that charities will be able to use your skills. Employers aren't necessarily looking for people who are working, they're looking for people who are doing something useful with their time.

If you work for a charity, you'd be able to list your status as "employed" even if you're not getting paid for the work your doing. You'll even have references of your current "employer" that your potential employer could call. By continuing to use your skills in a professional environment, you will also stay current with those skills.

If you're using your unemployment time to complain that there are no jobs out there rather than doing something constructive to give back to the community, then employers should have every right to refuse to hire you.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, Macdonalds now has 1.4 million more custodians.

Most of the stimulus funds went to agencies to distribute, not to private entities. Jobs like teachers, firefighters and police were being saved. I was paid overtime to help my state meet judicial mandated compliance, so mine was not saved nor created, but assisted the citizens in getting welfare benefits. Some numbers are hard to report.But where the impact can be most seen.

But it is much easier to make up high but unsubstantiated un-employment numbers and claim that what jobs were created or saved were just menial work.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
They might not be able to discriminate based on employment status after this bill passes, but they can still tell you "we're not hiring you because you're not working in the field your applying for right now".

If you're out of work right now, best thing you can do is offer your services at no charge to charitable groups.

If you're a professional of any kind, you will find that charities will be able to use your skills. Employers aren't necessarily looking for people who are working, they're looking for people who are doing something useful with their time.

If you work for a charity, you'd be able to list your status as "employed" even if you're not getting paid for the work your doing. You'll even have references of your current "employer" that your potential employer could call. By continuing to use your skills in a professional environment, you will also stay current with those skills.

If you're using your unemployment time to complain that there are no jobs out there rather than doing something constructive to give back to the community, then employers should have every right to refuse to hire you.

Proof that legislating based on What Ifs and good feelings does nothing, except feed the Govt Monster.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Beneath the person eh?

A job is a job.

You have lost ALL credibility. . . why don't you stop posting on an internet forum and GO TO WORK?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Great advice.

I tell people this all the time. Fill the gaps, do volunteer or community service work.

It doesnt have to be paid employment to keep experience going.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

why dont you?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

reply to post by macman

Beneath the person eh?

A job is a job.

You have lost ALL credibility. . . why don't you stop posting on an internet forum and GO TO WORK?

Oh Noes!!!
I lost credibility with a member on the ATS forum.
What will I do???

Maybe I am off today. Or sick. You never know.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

why dont you?

Or you?

I am not the one on here calling people lazy and worthless for not having a job.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nox that is what I posted without going into details, that the stimulus went into extending unemployment and for existing jobs, I am very well aware that the existing jobs are within police department and teachers, actually the last stimulus, went to pay into the retirement funds of teachers in my neck of the woods and to preserve jobs.

While the police took the money and bought more cars for the force.

So, where did I fail to make the post understandable, perhaps because I didn't explained myself more eloquently?

Still preserving jobs are not the same as creating jobs even if the government claims they do.

The creation of jobs came from Walmart in my neck of the woods now we got two when the town is been declared the poorest town in the state. But guess what we lost 6 production companies in the last 15 years.

edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

So, where did I fail to make the post understandable, perhaps because I didn't explained myself more eloquently?

LoL have you read their previous responses?

They have no clue either way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

As someone who has done interviews, I have seen first hand, people not getting hired because of gaps in their employment record.
It happens quite a bit, actually.

What is being done is that the discrimination laws are being changed to include unemployment.

It's not the gaps in their employment record that stops them from getting hired. It's what they DO with the time that those gaps generated that ends up not getting them hired.

You have some spare time? Volunteer ! Food banks, local charities, local events, local organizations, are ALWAYS screaming for volunteers.

You want to collect unemployment for two or three years and not be able to show that you gave back to the community in ANY way during that time frame, I wouldn't hire you either. Not due to unemployed status, due to sheer laziness on your part.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am trying to figure out where the whole confusion comes into play in the thread, sometimes is just that when you make yourself foe for some people because your point of view do not match them it seems that for that time on, no matter what you post, is alwasy going to be a negative response.

link   

why dont you?

Or you?

I am not the one on here calling people lazy and worthless for not having a job.

Who said worthless????

link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

reply to post by neo96

As someone who has done interviews, I have seen first hand, people not getting hired because of gaps in their employment record.
It happens quite a bit, actually.

What is being done is that the discrimination laws are being changed to include unemployment.

It's not the gaps in their employment record that stops them from getting hired. It's what they DO with the time that those gaps generated that ends up not getting them hired.

You have some spare time? Volunteer ! Food banks, local charities, local events, local organizations, are ALWAYS screaming for volunteers.

You want to collect unemployment for two or three years and not be able to show that you gave back to the community in ANY way during that time frame, I wouldn't hire you either. Not due to unemployed status, due to sheer laziness on your part.

Yep, and someone gets it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Okay, what about full time students who did not work a side job and are now unable to find employment do to a lack of experience (IE unemployment)?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Okay, what about full time students who did not work a side job and are now unable to find employment do to a lack of experience (IE unemployment)?

Not able to find employment period, or in their career field?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join