It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Unemployed Didnt Get that Job? Sue!!!

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity
 


Yep, that sums it up about right.

Don't forget to mention that the Company is forced to pay it, by the Govt.
So, the person really didn't pay into it. Depends on the State I believe.

There should be a 6 month cap on it.
Sorry, but thems are the brakes.




posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Can you do anything about it, my friend? remember you work, you pay into SS, you pay inot Medicare and medicaid, do you have a check box that say I exempt? no you do not, still we also pay for welfare military budgets, waste and misused of tax payer money, bailouts for the Federal Reserve unacounted budget that has run in the Trillions since 2008, and still do we have a choice?

No, we don't.

And then people think that US is not a socialist capitalistic nation, while the working class are forced into socialism the uber classes are to enjoy full capitalism.

Sad itsn't it, is call inequality.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by marg6043
 


Yes, I do realize that.

So the point is what?

Should the working person pay for the non-working person not to work?
No.

Should the non-working person be doing back-flips in any effort to work any job they are offered? If they want money they should.



LoL Did you not understand how unemployment benefits work? Marg explained them quite well I thought.

If you are collecting unemployment that means that you have already paid into that system and have earned the actual benefits from that contribution. Because someone lost their job does not mean they should not get what they paid for.

What of all those just now trying to enter the market with all this high competition for so few jobs? I guess they just don't work hard enough.

Dude, you seem to have a barely functioning basic understanding of the most simple economic concepts . . .

You should just stop trying to argue now. If you are not going to touch the numbers and data than you have no place arguing for or against anything here.

And the COMPANY IS NOT A REAL PERSON. It cannot do any work, only the employee does any actual work. The company only contributes funds that the employees brought in themselves. Are you kidding me here? Please say it ain't so.
edit on 4-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What I think is missed on this thread is what about people that were fired?

Why is being fired now so bad? It used to be you were fired, you took a step down from your last position or did something more simple in the future. Today, our companies are ran under the philosophy that those who have been fired must have done something wrong.

I personally have fired people for showing up a few minutes late. I have fired people because they went to their lunch earlier then I told them to go. I have fired people for poor job performance. But, none of these things makes that person not a good worker. Almost every time I fired someone I do not believe it was some character defect in them as a worker, rather, it was a mistake or circumstantial. However, rules are rules and they had to go away from our company for violating those rules or standards. I mean we fired someone for not smiling enough. To think this person would be looked at by another employer as a bad employee is heartbreaking.

It is like not having a job is the equivalent of having a criminal record. And for those companies that judge people on a credit check, they do not realize that that unemployed person might have bad credit because they do not have a job.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


Yeah, I know.

All I can do is keep working, being the best at what I do, so I can provide for myself and my family.
Keep working, only to have more and more siphoned from MY paycheck, by the Govt to provide for its insatiable appetite for control and to give to others.

But, we all know that the crippling weight placed on people like me has a backlash coming.
To deny that is truly ignorant.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by marg6043
 


Yes, I do realize that.

So the point is what?

Should the working person pay for the non-working person not to work?
No.

Should the non-working person be doing back-flips in any effort to work any job they are offered? If they want money they should.



LoL Did you not understand how unemployment benefits work? Marg explained them quite well I thought.

If you are collecting unemployment that means that you have already paid into that system and have earned the actual benefits from that contribution. Because someone lost their job does not mean they should not get what they paid for.

What of all those just now trying to enter the market with all this high competition for so few jobs? I guess they just don't work hard enough.

Dude, you seem to have a barely functioning basic understanding of the most simple economic concepts . . .

You should just stop trying to argue now. If you are not going to touch the numbers and data than you have no place arguing for or against anything here.

And the COMPANY IS NOT A REAL PERSON. It cannot do any work, only the employee does any actual work. The company only contributes funds that the employees brought in themselves. Are you kidding me here? Please say it ain't so.
edit on 4-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)


Give me a break.
Really?

I did say that I do agree with her statement.

And yes, they did pay into already. But, those that have paid less into it are getting as much out as those that have paid more.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


As someone who has done interviews, I have seen first hand, people not getting hired because of gaps in their employment record.
It happens quite a bit, actually.

What is being done is that the discrimination laws are being changed to include unemployment.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


But that is the tech field. There are many fields where peoples skills still easily apply.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


And how many jobs were created? Don't forget the other part of the equation, but only have the numbers make it conveinant for you to slander.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


You know macman I am as angry as you of how the system works, but guess what we have not choice this rules and regulations has been enforced well before you and I joined the working class, it was our generations before us that allowed this rules to go on.

Don't you know that my husband and I are scare to death, that now so close to our retirement we may lose every thing we have achieved in our lifetime, through hard work, a good pay job with benefits can be gone tomorrow the way the economy is going, is like we are working still considered a middle pay class job and we feel that is not future. everything can be earsed in one instance.

We will never recoup a good pay job, we may fall into the unemployed or working poor, for somebody young, they can hope for a better future, but for a middle age worker is not future or better days.



edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Most of the jobs has been replace with low income jobs, the Obama stimulus has done only one thing, extend unemployment benefits and keep existing jobs until the next stimulus goes.

I didn't created the numbers that is the data been presented.

Job creation is the word the government used to justified the stimulus.

If you have a link to better numbers I welcome the link.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by macman
 


You know macman I am as angry as you of how the system works, but guess what we have not choice this rules and regulations has been enforced well before you and I joined the working class, it was our generations before us that allowed this rules to go on.

Don't you know that my husband and I are scare to death, that now so close to our retirement we may lose every thing we have achieved in our lifetime, through hard work, a good pay job with benefits can be gone tomorrow the way the economy is going, is like we are working still considered a middle pay class job and we feel that is not future. everything can be earsed in one instance.

We will never recoup a good pay job, we may fall into the unemployed or working poor, for somebody young, they can hope for a better future, but for a middle age worker is not future or better days.



edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)


Well, macman's response to that will probably be that you should flip burgers, scrub toilets, or whatever minimum wage job that you can get(because they're the only ones who are doing the hiring) until you die.

You worked hard right? According to people who think like that, this is your just reward for all of your hard work.

And if you cannot make ends meet working for 7 dollars an hour, you are not working hard enough!!

See how ridiculous this stuff is? The country is being caddle prodded into a slave labor state, and the clueless don't see it coming.

We'll see eye to eye one day, as I keep saying, people may disagree now but wait til we're in line with each other waiting for some day old soup.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Most of the jobs has been replace with low income jobs, the Obama stimulus has done only one thing, extend unemployment benefits and keep existing jobs until the next stimulus goes.



This is what people fail to mention when they say that "there are plenty of jobs available"

These folks are now proponents of the slave labor state. Anything better than welfare, I suppose.

Oh wait, people have to use welfare assistance because their 2 jobs don't even cover rent for the month! Ha!!!



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by macman
 


You know macman I am as angry as you of how the system works, but guess what we have not choice this rules and regulations has been enforced well before you and I joined the working class, it was our generations before us that allowed this rules to go on.

Don't you know that my husband and I are scare to death, that now so close to our retirement we may lose every thing we have achieved in our lifetime, through hard work, a good pay job with benefits can be gone tomorrow the way the economy is going, is like we are working still considered a middle pay class job and we feel that is not future. everything can be earsed in one instance.

We will never recoup a good pay job, we may fall into the unemployed or working poor, for somebody young, they can hope for a better future, but for a middle age worker is not future or better days.



edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)


Fear can be a great motivator.
I fear for the future as well.
So, I save, increase my education and certifications, work 2 jobs (1 full time and 1 weekend), have a side company, plan ahead for purchases so I am not beholden to either fate, blind luck of the Govt.

When you allow fear to restrict you, then you allow fear to control you.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by macman
 


But that is the tech field. There are many fields where peoples skills still easily apply.


I understand that.
But, you know, truly know that any skill is no finite. If not used, it may not be lost, but is not as good as someone that keeps the skill going.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by macman

If they don't want to hire someone that has been out of work, due to costs associated with bringing them back up to speed in the field, expiration of certifications, lost skills due to non-use, or a feeling that there is a larger reason why they were unemployed is the companies prerogative.



Costs due to re-education, expirations of certifications, lost skills, etc are all legitimate reasons. For you to suggest a blanket statement like "the jobless need not apply" is a justified assumption that the candidate is no longer qualified is moronic.

Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about and if you're an employer I would strongly suggest you hire a good attorney and HR manager to protect you from your ignorance.


I love hearing people like yourself, always trying to inject their opinion as to what someone has to do, with no experience in said venture.

Your "It's just not fair" attitude is well noted, but stomping your feet and trying to get Mommy and Daddy Govt to make it your way is wrong.


"It's not fair" attitude? Where are you getting that? I'm talking about anti-discrimination law.

If you're going to post an ad that the "jobless need not apply" you better have a decent attorney because the very nature of the ad screams discrimination.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by macman
 


You know macman I am as angry as you of how the system works, but guess what we have not choice this rules and regulations has been enforced well before you and I joined the working class, it was our generations before us that allowed this rules to go on.

Don't you know that my husband and I are scare to death, that now so close to our retirement we may lose every thing we have achieved in our lifetime, through hard work, a good pay job with benefits can be gone tomorrow the way the economy is going, is like we are working still considered a middle pay class job and we feel that is not future. everything can be earsed in one instance.

We will never recoup a good pay job, we may fall into the unemployed or working poor, for somebody young, they can hope for a better future, but for a middle age worker is not future or better days.



edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)


Well, macman's response to that will probably be that you should flip burgers, scrub toilets, or whatever minimum wage job that you can get(because they're the only ones who are doing the hiring) until you die.

You worked hard right? According to people who think like that, this is your just reward for all of your hard work.

And if you cannot make ends meet working for 7 dollars an hour, you are not working hard enough!!

See how ridiculous this stuff is? The country is being caddle prodded into a slave labor state, and the clueless don't see it coming.

We'll see eye to eye one day, as I keep saying, people may disagree now but wait til we're in line with each other waiting for some day old soup.


Oh, so now it is not a matter of no work. It is a matter of the whole Good job, good wage thins.

Ah ha. Now it is making sense.
How very progressive of you.

Sorry, but there are jobs out there. They may be beneath the person seeking a job, but a job is a job.

Beggars can't be choosers.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Beneath the person eh?

Why not be honest say that the job does not pay worth a damn as opposed to the cost of living? That might be a stretch for you, to be intellectually honest here?



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by macman
 


Beneath the person eh?

Why not be honest say that the job does not pay worth a damn as opposed to the cost of living? That might be a stretch for you, to be intellectually honest here?


So more Progressive Gobble De Goop.

A job is a job.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by macman
 


Beneath the person eh?

Why not be honest say that the job does not pay worth a damn as opposed to the cost of living? That might be a stretch for you, to be intellectually honest here?


So more Progressive Gobble De Goop.

A job is a job.


So a job as a dishwasher or a burger flipper is on par with being a foreman at construction site? Or a management level position within a company? They pay about the same, right?

Thank you for opening my once closed eyes.




top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join