It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first observation of a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Whilst on a Family picnic this afternoon by a picturesque lakeside, I observed a small spec of refracting light travelling twice as fast than a Jet plane that was travelling at a similar height. This spec of what could only be described as star light, very suddenly made a zig zag maneouvre, near impossible for a conventional aircraft to make, then carried on in a fast straight line across the sky towards the horizon. Interestingly the littles could not make it out even though it was very obvious to the naked eye and I was pointing directly at it down on their level, my Dad who was swimming in the lake at the time saw it easily even though he has poor eyesight and was wearing his glasses and I was too far away to accurately point it out for him. This object then seemed to slow down as it got closer to the horizon and its colour and shape fractionally changed, The underside faded into Black and the whole object inreased in size, close to double compared to the first moment I saw it.

Whilst staring intently at the small ball of light my vision started swimming with what seemed like thousands of tiny little worms, I didnt think much of it at the time so continued to observe this beautiful speck of light dissapear over the canopy of trees surrounding the lake, with an increasing feeling of bewilderment and also a strange eeriness. Once it had dissapeared over the canopys I was drawn back to these tiny wormlike dots swimming in my vision, I then realised that they had no colour to them, they seemed white in colour but as i gave all my attention to them I realised they were transparent, but still very clear, they started to fade and slow down in speed, dissapearing within seconds after I gave them my full attention. I thought this was my eyes playing tricks on me but then my Dad started exclaiming that his eyes "went really weird" when he observed the light, and he had white dots swimming around his vision, but soon dissapeared with the object. Something neither of us had experienced before, it was just plain good old fashioned Weird.

I have always believed UFO's to be high-tec man made military vehicles of some sort(Black Ops stuff, you know what I mean) but after today I am not so sure. Once my bewilderment started to fade I felt the most profound sense of Wonder at what I had just seen, something which I shared with my Father, and we both spent a good 5 minutes, him still half submerged in the lake, looking after this Unidentified Flying Object dissapear out of sight, staring unfocused into the sky in some sort of trance, in deep thought about what we had observed, completely convinced at this point that I had just experienced my first UFO sighting.

Just......Epic

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe just part of your imagination.
Pictures or it never happened

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

There are black op crafts, but there are many UFO's up there that are not from our military. Just saying. I'm glad you had that sense of wonder.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonicUFO

Possibly, but that doesnt explain how my Father experienced exactly the same observation and feelings as I did.

Im not trying to prove anything, just wanted to share my experience.

Pictures or it didnt happen is getting a bit old as well mate.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've seen the tiny clear wiggly sparkles in my eyes many many times along with colleagues who have been sitting next to me at the time.

We noticed that it only tends to happen when the sun is at a certain height in the sky and the sunlight is light coming from a certain angle. They can be seen more often when you focus on a nearby object like a windscreen / windshield.

I think it's some kind of natural illusion.

edit on 2-10-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I had a similar experience years ago Dionisius. I was coming home late (and sober!) from a party and as i fumbled my key into the lock happened to look out at the Northern horizon. I spotted what looked like an airplane tracking along from east to west above the level of trees and the roofs of suburbia where i lived then. Then the aircraft instantly changed course and shot off straight up, in a manner that no aircraft I know of could perform. There was no gradual direction change and the speed as it rose was amazing, it was gone almost instantly. No pics, so I guess it didn't happen huh?!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Couldn't find much on the net be heres one link to people who have seen similar but they think it may be spiritual which I don't.

www.aksworld.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Thanks for that, must have been because I was staring so intently at a far away object. Nice one for clearing that up, that bit was weirding me out.

Still a strange illusion though, it feels like they are inside your eyes.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Thanks man thats a cool link

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
4th october 2009 changed my whole thoughts and questioning on 'whether we are alone or not' Sorry I didnt get chance to grab a video camera or camera. The things that were witnessed that night were for me and my twin brothers eyes only : O) Happy to talk about it though.

I have visited this site regular since october the 4th, majority of people on here get excited about tiny specs of light or things that can easily be explained or 'debunked' as most people like to say(not taking that away for you though ). God knows what people would have done if they saw what we saw....heart attack maybe.

By the way what we saw wasnt a spec of light, a ball of light, a flash, a triangle shape etc....

After that night it changed my life for the better though, before seeing this thing I used to get stressed and worry about life in general but now I dont....I just think it was a very special time in my life, that will never be forgoten....If someone said would I rather win the lotto or re-live that night I'd have to go back and see it again

As for people asking for photos, you can sit there and look at all the photos you want, but at the end of the day you will still question it till you actually witness it with your own eyes, So i suggest you get outside at night and look up...thats all you need to do!Oh and patience!

2 years in like 2 days since the sighting and still talking about it!

Later people!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK
4th october 2009 changed my whole thoughts and questioning on 'whether we are alone or not' Sorry I didnt get chance to grab a video camera or camera. The things that were witnessed that night were for me and my twin brothers eyes only : O) Happy to talk about it though.

I have visited this site regular since october the 4th, majority of people on here get excited about tiny specs of light or things that can easily be explained or 'debunked' as most people like to say(not taking that away for you though ). God knows what people would have done if they saw what we saw....heart attack maybe.

By the way what we saw wasnt a spec of light, a ball of light, a flash, a triangle shape etc....

After that night it changed my life for the better though, before seeing this thing I used to get stressed and worry about life in general but now I dont....I just think it was a very special time in my life, that will never be forgoten....If someone said would I rather win the lotto or re-live that night I'd have to go back and see it again

As for people asking for photos, you can sit there and look at all the photos you want, but at the end of the day you will still question it till you actually witness it with your own eyes, So i suggest you get outside at night and look up...thats all you need to do!Oh and patience!

2 years in like 2 days since the sighting and still talking about it!

Later people!

Sounds pretty epic my man, im going to have my eyes glued to sky from now on

Please elaborate though, would love to hear the whole story

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your observation.

Now, some questions, if you don't mind:
1 - What was the time when these events happened (sorry if the sentence is not that good, it sounds strange when I read it but I can't think of a better way of saying it
)
2 - You said there was a change in shape but describe it as just "a small spec of refracting light". Did you noticed any real shape?
3 - You said that the height was the same as the jet, but was the jet at high or low altitude?
4 - In which direction (North? South?) was it moving?
5 - Could you make a drawing to describe the movements and relative positions of the jet, object and horizon?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Thanks for sharing your observation.

Now, some questions, if you don't mind:
1 - What was the time when these events happened (sorry if the sentence is not that good, it sounds strange when I read it but I can't think of a better way of saying it
)
2 - You said there was a change in shape but describe it as just "a small spec of refracting light". Did you noticed any real shape?
3 - You said that the height was the same as the jet, but was the jet at high or low altitude?
4 - In which direction (North? South?) was it moving?
5 - Could you make a drawing to describe the movements and relative positions of the jet, object and horizon?

Thanks in advance.

Of course;
1 - I did not check the time but I would make a guesstimate at about 4/half 4 in the afternoon.

2 - It was spherical in shape and appeared more so as it dissapeared over the horizon with the sunlight refracting off of it exposing a very dark.....shell i suppose

3 - It was at a low altitude for an airliner.

4 - errr, another guesstimate, I would say NNE.

5 - I could give it a go, never been much of an artist though. Ill post it later on tonight.
Good idea

new topics

top topics

join