It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this it!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
this is going to be interesting. currently in my gut i have a feeling that none of those protesters in NYC are going to be walking away with any kind of victorious feelings.. though they hope this, as do all revolutionaries... and so there will be strong fights from passionate groups of people around the fate of this movement possibly becoming more frantic as the days rolls by and hope inevitably decreases..

i keep reading in recent threads about the occupywallstreet demonstrations "this is it" or "this is the one" etc but that's not a reality we have been conditioned to know as possible on western soil.

what has now become "normal life" & "normal living"?? is my point ...we see revolutions through the window inside the comfort of our houses, we have no idea about the reality of sufferings in the arab world or the conditions that catalysed those revolutions, likewise they would have little awareness about the levels of creature comforts we are able to take refuge in & indulge in & take for granted... so unlike in the west those revolutionaries had the distinct existential feeling revolt as a last resort out of real desperation under extreme political or economic oppression. This is not the same for "the land of the free". Therefore the western revolutionaries of recent decades have been somewhat detached from the reality -in other words sincere hope- of ever achieving a victory against the oppressive system we are ruled by. We have witnessed the rise & fall of many such revolutionary demonstrations and cultural upheavals in the past & rarely has this trend been analysed fully or sincerely by anyone. So here & now as the occupywallstreet protests are taking place I would like to encourage others to view the bigger picture.. dare I say it... beyond politics, if there is such a thing exists for sincere political thinkers / philosophers........

So in my obervations society has experienced a severe trauma from dissipated political passions as revolutions rise & fall. Many dark cracks have formed in the fabric of society where hopes & dreams are sucked into oblivion like a vortex, carried on through the decades like a contagious poison infecting the younger generations breeding apathy about with inherited depressive passions for life some have struggled to overcome.... I find it very sad to witness so fragmented individuals in this modern world because of such untold sociological tragedies... all we have are labels and psych wards & monkey mind academics chasing the subconscious constructs of over or under stimulated neurotic victims of those specific deeply rooted karmas very few have considered in the academic world when interpreting psychological issues.

My concern is that what we have now is a resurrection of that spark in the younger generations because of the insecurity about our future & it would be great if those passions are not transformed into despair often happened in the past. In my opinion the root cause is a very strong inner feeling that the fight (protest movement) you are in is the one & you're willing to invest all your time energy thoughts & feelings throughout the campaign clinging desperately to the idea of victory... ...... the problem is most often this is based on deep insecurity & when nothing manifests especially after a long campaign often depression naturally results. But I would like to point out that at the moment that feeling is universal. By that i mean people inside their comfort zones watching the televised global revolutions who are also insecure will want to trust what they feel they know works for lack of stable and reasonable alternative at this time in our civilisation > according to their conditioned imagination.

The success of these recent protests in New York are I believe not in the best interest of the majority of Americans, because they aren't ready to loose faith in the system their families have spent generations invested in.. literally and spiritually the American dream hasn't woken up from its material frenzy yet including those out on the streets protesting because if they had a lot more would have already taken place in hearts and minds and the events we are viewing unfold now would have more direction than they actually do. What i'm saying is this will never work & it is actually harmful to believe it will.. revolution should be from within making us realise that we actually do not to exist by such chaotic in-stable financial systems & that by getting involved in politics ew are scoring an own goal because politics is like a sport everyone wants to score but the difference is all goals in politics are own goals because politics (as we know it) is just corruption of natural existence because it functions to serve where there is a lack of unity & it does not function to serve the establishment of unity it feeds into a system of divide and conquer so by playing that game we are feeding the system we oppose...
just my two pennies from across the pond

edit on 2/10/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: spelling

edit on 2/10/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

I hope my amendments have given my thoughts more clarity. im looking forward to the discussion.

peace
edit on 2/10/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wall 'o' text tl;dr
Paragraphs are your friend. You should edit them in.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Your post gave me an incredible headache.

I tried to read it... and the only opinion I have formed is this.

Sorry.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And I just noticed that you are merely commenting on an existing thread.

Close this wall of words.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yet another member here who is not willing to try and read that. Edit it so that it can be read, and I will come back and have a chat.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I don't know what to say clucker.... drink some water & perhaps splash your face with some too to freshen up.. i just did & re-read what I wrote to make sure it made sense according to my thoughts at the time of writing & it did. Allow me to apologise for not being able to satisfy you with my thoughts from that time.... I am sorry. Perhaps after you have had those refreshments you can come back here & make some philosophically relevant points regarding this topic instead of feeling sorry for yourself about not being able to.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Commentary best served on the thread referenced rather than starting a new one in the hopes that people can follow multiple tangents is not very efficient and making your thoughts known. Please comment in the above mentioned thread.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join