It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention US citizens: The revolution will not be televised.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

That is a good question. It is quite possible. I don't think they can put all of America under martial law (not enough boots to fullfil that mission). But I do believe they can put NY on lockdown for a while. After the Martial Law is lifted, there will be a lot of pissed off people taking to the streets again.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've managed to get together some CB, VHF and UHF transceivers, and FRS radios. But for most people, the easiest way to go is to have FRS radio walki-talkies (used for camping and such). Enough people could, over a large enough area, maintain an affordable and simple means of maintaining a communication network...albeit not encrypted.
edit on 2-10-2011 by arrus75 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

That is where the problem will more than likely come from. Outside influences that want the protesters to appear violent and unruly. They will be dressed usually in dark clothing or camouflage, wear a face mask, or perhaps they might decide to just go all out and wear a V for Vendetta mask just so they can blame Anon for starting the violence.

The government will most likely wait for them to start in as many cities as possible to get the numbers of the protestors that will appear. Acquire as many of the names and license plate numbers of people that arrive. With this information they will compile a data base of the information in order to track each and every individual who arrived at them or has remained. Once they have this going in as many cities as possible, that is the time for the TPTB to step in start the riots with just one act of major bloodshed against GVMT officials of any sort. Or perhaps just burning of a city or two across the country. From this martial law will be instated and the real violence and bloodshed will ensue. At this point they will become a much more violent dictatorship that you can possibly believe.

Unless the ones in the protests police themselves. Watch your people, keep the violence from happening. If you see someone start to do something violent or illegal STOP them, please. That is the only hope.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

New York State has been under martial law for the last 20 years, it's just that the people don't realize it yet. NY is one of the most corrupt, highest taxed and heavily regulated states in the nation.

I'm glad I got the heck outta there before they came knocking on my door looking to seize my "illegal assault weapons and high capacity magazines."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I suppose the first step is to control the major news media such as Fox news and MSNBC... oh wait... they already own them.

Okay the second step is to give the local police cart blanche to frighten and harass the peacefull protestors in an attempt to get them to act violently... umm... okay... they did that too. (btw... JP Morgan bought them just recently for 4.5 million dollars.) hmmm...

Okay so they've done everything but call in the National Guard. And that's because unlike the police the Military are trained to ignore or refuse an unlawful order... such as attacking innocent civilians.

Funny how the only people that are acting violent are the police. Bodily throwing people around, slamming their heads into parked cars, kneeling on their throats, useing pepper spray on non-violent girls and elderly woman, arresting 13 year olds... these are all tactics of the Police State.

And of course the first thing the police are targeting is those with proffesional looking video equipment.

I don't think they will shut down the internet and cell service in NYC because that would have to effect a wide area... which would hurt them also. Especially if they have to shut down several city blocks to do it. Wall street can't afford to be without near-instant communication.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears

Funny how the only people that are acting violent are the police. Bodily throwing people around, slamming their heads into parked cars, kneeling on their throats, useing pepper spray on non-violent girls and elderly woman, arresting 13 year olds... these are all tactics of the Police State.

And of course the first thing the police are targeting is those with proffesional looking video equipment.

I don't think they will shut down the internet and cell service in NYC because that would have to effect a wide area... which would hurt them also. Especially if they have to shut down several city blocks to do it. Wall street can't afford to be without near-instant communication.

The will shut down the communications once it has is a time it won't affect them. They will wait till all cities are started. This way they can get the most that they can at once. There is a reason the police are that violent. They have been being trained by the academies to believe that the average citizen is nothing more than a criminal in waiting. They have been taught that they are the ones who control the world. They are the ones who are in charge. They believe that because they carry the guns and no one else does they are the ones who get to make us their slaves.

Many of them don't even realize though that they are the slave to the corporate society and greed that has taken over our world. They believe they are part of the 1% who will get the power. They are convinced by their masters that they are the people of this world that will dominate. They are now our slave masters. The only hope is that we can break our bonds without shedding the blood of our fellow man. I fear it is too late for that, however, TPTB are so fearful of the people rising up peaceably that they must crack down to keep us under their shoe.

If they do shut down comms it would be wise for everyone to have at least a two way radio with 25 channels.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

it is already showing up on MSN, I saw it this moring on CNN and hln so ya it is little know however it did hit MSN.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Watching how the police have reacted to the protestors left me wondering about the orders they've been given down their chain of command.
With "Occupy' groups springing up worldwide, the realization that this has the potential to explode unless nipped in the bud, would be compelling them to act.
(Imagine the orders getting barked down from the top!)
But how?
Too heavy handed, would promote public outcry ,gaining protestors more support. Not enough, would ensure the movement continues unabated.
The lack of news on MSM would obviously keep a huge majority in the dark, but with the powerful internet, this only buys them a bit more time.Word of mouth for those not on the net, with grandchildren etc opening their grandparents eyes.
All those sheeple about to wake up will be mighty pi**ed at the governments manipulation of their media & their rights.
I know they will because I am.
I think its time to take the peoples concerns seriously & start negotiations.
We aint gunna go away......

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We can effect a revolution by realizing that we can vote for who we choose, and we don't have to vote for the lesser of two evils they try to FORCE us to choose between.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
What will happen when the Occupy Wall Street Movement becomes too overwhelming for the police to handle? Mr. Obama Will use the Internet Kill Switch much like we saw the Egyptian Authority did. What did the Egyptian people do to overcome this imminent obstacle the "Occupiers" will find themselves faced against? These are the questions that need to be raised in order to form a more perfect Union among people.

Myself among others view access to the internet a basic human right. What will happen when TPTB infringe upon that right and declare guerilla warefare. I promise there are people that will fight back. This would be the beginning of a Civil War on a scale the world has ever seen. With the amount of guns in the US, the will be without a doubt the bloodiest Civil War in History. This war will be fought by the establishment and it's loyalists against the Leftists "Occupiers" and Right Wing Freedom Fighters.

If you comment, comment wisely. They are probably watching every key stroke, every site you've ever visited, every post you've ever made.

God help us. It is 1984 and the Revolution is barely begining. There will be blood.

thought it wouldnt be televised

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

If you think about it, the whole system is messed up. Only the rich is elected. The rich donate to the candidates. The rich buys what they want to control. For example, I think it was JPMorgan that just recently donated more than $4 million to the police dept. What has this country come to?!?!? This obviously is not fair to the poor. The poor have no voice in how things are ran. This isn't democracy. This is an aristocracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You're right. It isn't a democracy. Then again, it never claimed to be.

The U.S. is a representative republic. ("And to the republic, for which it stands...) for example. We elect representatives to make decisions for us. Despite all the lobbying, we STILL can choose for ourselves. The problem is, the people allow themselves to be tricked by the rich into thinking they have to choose between their own two candidates, when it's simply not the case.

Unfortunately, mass opinion is just that...the masses...so we're stuck.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There are some tools that will help with the blackout.

The infamous GLP forum is banning anyone who will in some sort 'agree' with this whole Wall Street movement. Apparently his nazi admin, some idiot that calls himself 'Trinity', is pretty upset about the whole matter.

When the mods are confronted with a different opinions about this issue, they will just ban you.

Funny part... they often use the 'free speech' slogan in that site. Believe me, it's disgusting. If you don't fit their agenda, then you're out.

I wonder if the same will happen here...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

There is no mod "group think" except when it comes to matters of the site (and even then, it's more of a board, that makes suggestions, while the three amigos as board chairmen make the final decision).

I'm sure there are some mods against, some opposed, and some on the fence, just as with any group of people. We'll never ban someone for exercising their free speech within the terms and conditions of the site (that we ALL agreed to)...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think two possible outcomes will come of this occupy wall street to be honest.
1 - They don't continue to grow and people slowly begin to leave which may take several weeks.
2 - They begin to get ridiculous amounts of people to join them, or some horrible event or accident takes place like an accidental shooting or death and the # really hits the fan.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Option 3) - Some celebrity does something so stupid that it dominates the news for 2-3 weeks and renders any news of anything else "old news"......

Place your bets folks!

Charlie Sheen
Ashton Kutcher
Lindsay Lohan
Paris Hilton
Nicole Richie
A Kardashian
Britney Spears
Mel Gibson

Etc., etc.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join