It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention US citizens: The revolution will not be televised.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What will happen when the Occupy Wall Street Movement becomes too overwhelming for the police to handle? Mr. Obama Will use the Internet Kill Switch much like we saw the Egyptian Authority did. What did the Egyptian people do to overcome this imminent obstacle the "Occupiers" will find themselves faced against? These are the questions that need to be raised in order to form a more perfect Union among people.

Myself among others view access to the internet a basic human right. What will happen when TPTB infringe upon that right and declare guerilla warefare. I promise there are people that will fight back. This would be the beginning of a Civil War on a scale the world has ever seen. With the amount of guns in the US, the will be without a doubt the bloodiest Civil War in History. This war will be fought by the establishment and it's loyalists against the Leftists "Occupiers" and Right Wing Freedom Fighters.

If you comment, comment wisely. They are probably watching every key stroke, every site you've ever visited, every post you've ever made.

God help us. It is 1984 and the Revolution is barely begining. There will be blood.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Whether TPTB choose to televise it or not, or if they shut the internet down, so be it.

That does not mean it is the end of the movement. We are humans, we always adapt. We will adapt to the situation and keep on keeping on, tv and the internet is not a requirement. There are other ways to get the word out with a little ingenuity.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Isn't that common sense ? They're not going to televise it, it's like advertising once it's on the old telly, it's free for everybody to do. Then everybody will rise up and the feds don't want that. They want submissive sheeple and if they televise the revolution, there will be none.

Besides, shut the internet and tv off for good! Then I can get something accomplished but cut the facebook off for the sheeple and my Doctor who........well there will be a riot.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

At first the police will follow orders, but ultimately when they become outgunned and outnumbered, and enough blood has been spilled, they will have to decide if they want to be an instrument of tyranny or an instrument of freedom.

If they are smart they will choose the latter.

As far as televising it, the resistance must first occupy the media - the TV stations, the satellite stations... Maybe the media people will make a decision also.

edit on 2-10-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There is no "killswitch" in America. The Internet is too redundant and privately owned for that to happen. The reason it happened in Egypt is because the government was able to kill the uplinks to other countries. All the servers that they needed to hit were right here in America. About the only thing the government could do would be to DoS attack Twitter and Facebook. It would be a futile attempt because people like me who run the Internet would not let it happen.
edit on 2-10-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There only has to be blood if both sides want it. If only one side tries for blood there will only be blood from that side. The best bet is for those doing the occupy "your place here" to remain as peaceable as possible.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Everyone who wants to prepare for the coming SHTF storm should get into ham radio. You can build one yourself, easily. Teach others how to do it, too. Communication is key to any type of organization, and you better believe internet cutoff is the first thing they will do if people start really waking up and organizing online. Without internet, and all forms of mass communication controlled, and tapped, how are you going to even know where the others are? Ham radio, that's how. Packet switching means internet, wireless, worldwide, and FREE. Learn it, use it, spread the word.

wireless.per.nl...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yes, I agree.
What other ways of communicating are there besides internet and phone? Any ideas? I have none.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I think a riot without organization or leadership from a common source is futile. Nothing good came from the LA riots. Just bloodshed and looting.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am just wondering if they will eventually use this protest...as a reason...to put NY under (martial law)....I am wondering if that is one of their real objectives.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I hope it is the latter as well. I still believe there are hearts under those badges.

That is a good idea to occupy the media. We need to start brainstorming on how to do that. I'm no hacker, so that is out of my expertise.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I hope you're right, Bigpojo.

I do believe that the Shadow Government has technology that will only be revealed when TSHTF for them. Only then will we know how much power they have.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if they enforce martial law in nyc.

That will expedite the revolution 10 fold. When people realize the government can step in and silence people at their whim, # will, hit the fan. Considering many military personnel are tired of the BS. There will be no bloodshed.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

I do remember reading about reports of Agent Provactuers (spelling?) posing as protesters inciting violence during the G20 summit. Something like that would benefit the establisment.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Capt. Chaos, what a productive post.

I will have to read up on how to get into that. Sounds like a great idea. You should make a thread dedicated to that. Thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It is more than possible. But these people at Occupy are smart, they know what they're looking for. And any violent behavior is immediatly addressed by the occupiers. They will throw someone out of the march if they're gearing towards violence.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
There is no "killswitch" in America.

WHAT!!! Have you seen how easy it is for ICE to seize domains? Even domains located outside the U.S. are regularly seized.

Just think how fast TPTB could shut down the Internet by telling all the backbone providers to direct all I.P. and DNS requests to redirect to whitehouse.gov. Within hours all internet traffic would be effectively dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Couriers.
Handwritten notes.
newsapers.(not all but some will be cooperative)
Magazines.(not all but some will be cooperative)
Handheld radios.
Shortwave radios.
CB radios.

There are other ways, especially for those of us that remember the days before the internet or cell phones. We communicated just fine.

edit on 2-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

It would be easier to just cut power across the country. Apparently all you have to do is drop a wrench on a wire to take out most of the country, or so they say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join