It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Development in Jerusalem as a PA Excuse to Avoid Negotiations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting video from the Jerusalem Post about construction going on outside of Jerusalem. The actual people in the land, both Arabs and Israelis, are not in favor of development being used as the excuse for avoiding a peace agreement. It seems those inside Israel are being used for political leverage. Opinion?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

My opinion on this issue is that America is a good example of how many flavors of nationalities and beliefs can live in peace. So, why the issue in the Middle East? Arabs are unwilling to provide a homeland for their own people, despite the abundance of land outside of Israel. Land is not an issue. The issue is the existence of the Hebrew people. Prejudice is hatred no matter how you look at it. Anyone who clings to true faith must naturally be against hatred. Faith is based on love and not hate. Peace is based on the same love for others. If there is no love for your fellow man then there will be no peace for you on this earth. True for us in American and true for the rest of the world. The PA will languish in their own created misery as long as they hate others.

edit on 2-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I have to disagree. It is clearly Israel who are making it impossible for negotiations to take place. Even German Chancellor Angela Merkel publicly chastised Netanyahu over his recent actions.

Merkel tells Netanyahu new settlement plans 'raise doubts' Israel is serious about new talks

BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel has told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the decision to green-light new Jewish housing units in east Jerusalem has "raised doubts that the Israeli government is interested in starting serious negotiations" with the Palestinians, her spokesman said Friday.

Abbas has done everything right, in a peaceful manner. Israel was been whining about the bid for UN membership ever since it was announced earlier this year.

Israel threatens unilateral steps if UN recognizes Palestinian state

Israel informed the 15 members of the United Nations Security Council last week, as well as several other prominent European Union countries, that if the Palestinian Authority persists in its efforts to gain recognition in September as a state within the 1967 borders, Israel would respond with a series of unilateral steps of its own.

This is a perfect example that Israel is fixated on sabotaging these peace talks any way possible. To say that the Palestinians are making excuses not to talk is absurd. Especially when Israel is blatantly causing friction.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: impossible

edit on 2-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You are referencing the Germans as stating a case against the Jews and I would simply defer to their bias against the Hebrew people as a likely cause of their viewpoint. Setting this aside, I defer to a recent post where the history of the conflict gives perspective to the true intent of the Hebrews.

I tried to present both sides over the course of this thread. The first video speaks for itself and can be verified by recorded history as noted by countless references that can be easily found on Google. In addition, the generation that witnessed these events are still alive to verify what actually happened and how this relates to what is currently happening.

History of the Conflict Thread

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i think you should change the title cause PA can be refered to as Palestinian authority unless you meant that and not peace agreement

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The German Chancellor was not stating a case against the "Jews". I also do not believe she has a bias against the Hebrew people. She is actually usually pro-Israel. She is just one of many leaders who are tired of Israel playing childish games in attempts to get their way, as a spoiled child would do.

I haven't had the chance to view the link you provided. I will do that now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You are referencing the Germans as stating a case against the Jews and I would simply defer to their bias against the Hebrew people as a likely cause of their viewpoint.

I think you would do well to learn about the history between modern Germany and Israel. I don't know if you're aware, but the Nazis were routed in 1945, and a totally different in every way government has been running the state since the institution of the Marshall Plan. This new, improved Germany has been one of israel's strongest financial and political supporters, because of the actions of the Nazi regime. So when the leader of this new Germany says "Hey, guys, you're doing bad there, cut it out" it really is saying something that should be listened to.

Ironic that you buy into the philosophy of blood libel, though.

History of the Conflict Thread

Wow, 47 seconds in and it's already lying - Obama never said Israel had to go back to the 1967 borders; rather he said that negotiations should start with that point. After that, it tries to play as though the opinion of Saudi Arabia (for example) matters on whether the palestinians get to present their case to the UN or not. That's also not true, any group can petition the UN for state recognition whenever they feel like it. it's thier decision, no one else's. Then it pretends that Jordan was part of Mandate Palestine - it was not.

One minute, thirty seconds in, and it's already total bull. Should I continue watching this and yanking it apart? Or can we just admit that you're basically posting an Israeli version of "Jud Süß"?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The German Chancellor was not stating a case against the "Jews". I also do not believe she has a bias against the Hebrew people. She is actually usually pro-Israel. She is just one of many leaders who are tired of Israel playing childish games in attempts to get their way, as a spoiled child would do.

I haven't had the chance to view the link you provided. I will do that now.

The PA has had many chances to claim a homeland with up to 80% of the land offered. They refused based on Israel being recognized with a claim to the land. They will not stop until Israel is wiped form the earth. They have clearly said as much in many of their pronouncements. Are we ignoring this? They have sent rockets over the borders continually. Do we ignore this? Peace is a two way street.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Wow, 47 seconds in and it's already lying - Obama never said Israel had to go back to the 1967 borders; rather he said that negotiations should start with that point.

Are you sure. Here are his exact words:

"The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps — (applause) — so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states. "

LINK

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think you would do well to learn about the history between modern Germany and Israel.

Merkel has Jewish roots. She has worked to lessen Germany's antisemitism. This is true.

In response to Merkel, Netanyahu offered this:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu talked with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and offered she arrange a meeting between him and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas in Berlin, according to Ma'an News Agency. (Elior Levy)

Netanyahu is not against peace with the PA. I do not trust Germany. This is possibly my own bias from the fact that they killed millions of Jews. I would hope you are correct in their integrity and I am wrong. We will see.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin
i think you should change the title cause PA can be refered to as Palestinian authority unless you meant that and not peace agreement

I meant the Palestinian Authority. Peace could have been reached years ago. They want to destroy Israel and no peace agreement with Israel where the nation stands will ever be in their plan. They have said this so I am correct in restating their intention to kill all Hebrews. This is what they have stated many times. Why do we placate this stand they have against Israel. Call it what it is. It is prejudice and racism from the leadership. I seriously doubt the Arab people feel this way. They live in fear of death from the state if they cross their leaders. Are we backing freedom in Israel where the citizens can speak out, or are we backing a totalitarian regime? I'll stand with the only free land in the region myself.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Israel will do whatever they feel is necessary to thwart all attempts at making peace with the Palestinians. Building 1100 new homes serves that purpose. Israel knew that the Quartet would come up with a plan that Israel would be forced to approve, with reservations of course. They KNEW Abbas would reject it. The Palestinians should go directly to the General Assembly and request a vote based on Res 377 "Uniting for Peace" which will over ride any veto by the US.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man

Israel will do whatever they feel is necessary to thwart all attempts at making peace with the Palestinians. Building 1100 new homes serves that purpose. Israel knew that the Quartet would come up with a plan that Israel would be forced to approve, with reservations of course. They KNEW Abbas would reject it. The Palestinians should go directly to the General Assembly and request a vote based on Res 377 "Uniting for Peace" which will over ride any veto by the US.

As long as there is no agreement, why should Israel fall into line with the PA? We are working on 50 years now of attempts at peace. Have you see the map of Israel that the PA is using? Israel is not on the map. This is the problem and no more.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is a video showing the other side of the argument from the side of the PA. No sure how accurate this is. Comments? In all of my threads, I have tried to show both sides. Clearly, I am on the side of Israel, but I see the need for both sides to work together. Jesus had a message that Israel still ignores. They must love their neighbor as their selves. So far this is not the case. Even apart from Jesus, Moses gave the same command.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

My opinion on this issue is that America is a good example of how many flavors of nationalities and beliefs can live in peace. So, why the issue in the Middle East? Arabs are unwilling to provide a homeland for their own people, despite the abundance of land outside of Israel. Land is not an issue. The issue is the existence of the Hebrew people. Prejudice is hatred no matter how you look at it. Anyone who clings to true faith must naturally be against hatred. Faith is based on love and not hate. Peace is based on the same love for others. If there is no love for your fellow man then there will be no peace for you on this earth. True for us in American and true for the rest of the world. The PA will languish in their own created misery as long as they hate others.

edit on 2-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Yeah but were not sitting in the middle of a Holy God Bomb under a stack of powder kegs either. These 2 factions have been warring with eachother since Isaac and Ishmael. Someone is going to flame me for bringing religion into it but underneath it all it is always about religion over there, hence why they still call it the Holy Land. They could just accept Jesus Christ as Lord and savior and all be brothers in Christ and forget that whole fiasco, but that aint gonna happen. The path of least resistance is the path that is well travelled and that path always leads to bloodshed.

top topics

join