It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us in the U.K have heard these strange rumbling and booming noises?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was initially just going to post my experience of these sounds but I was curious as to who else may have heard them and encourage others to post their accounts of it.

I live in Arbroath, a small(ish) town on the East Coast of Scotland. Before I had read anything about the strange rumbling sound some of you have heard, maybe about 2 months ago, I heard (and felt) 3 loud booms, one after the other. These booms appeared to come from the South and I felt it in my body the way you can feel a heavy bassline through a big sound system. It was mid afternoon and I was just about at the door to my flat after walking my dog, he stopped, his ears perked up and his tail went down like it does when he's scared of something. I also noticed people on the High Street looking up and in the direction of the sound.
Then, last week (Thursday 22nd I believe), I had gone to bed late the night before and was lying in bed, early afternoon, with the windows open and I heard, what at first I thought was a plane going overhead but it was a bit more bassy, then I realised it was going on a bit too long and was gradually increasing in pitch then, all of a sudden, just stopped. I have no idea what it was, I just know it wasn't a plane.

I don't know if it's related but I have spotted a few unusual lights in the sky around these parts, if you look in my recent posting history you'll find my accounts of these things (including why it would be impossible to photograph them)

I look forward to reading the accounts of others here in the U.K

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I hear gun-shots only, nothing else, might be just my neighbor hood but sure sounds like the cops are around.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

maybe theres something above are skys

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Heard/felt them in Wigan about four months ago, felt like it was almost coming from inside me if you get what I mean. Real low booming noises that seemed far away but kinda shook my bones...

They were equally spaced in time, I remember a series of about 15 booms before it stopped, nobody else I asked heard it though...

As for lights in the sky, oh yes, I have experienced some of those. And quite recently too. Most recently I saw a blue flashing type thing, very odd, accompanied by a low rumbling sound. It appeared amid low cloud, flashed, disappeared, appeared again quite far away, disappeared, appeared a lot closer, disappeared, appeared further away again, disappeared. Each of these occurrences was about a second or so apart, quite rhythmic in nature. Like one of those games where you have to remember and tap the sequence of lights just displayed.

Saw two UFOs three years back, had the girlfriend of the time come and look to make sure I wasn't going crazy. She never wanted to talk about them afterwards, but that's another story altogether.

Ps. The picture below is pretty much exactly where those two UFOs appeared... This picture was taken a couple of months after the event when I spotted a spiral in the sky.

The picture can be seen in it's entirety on my ATS video profile in my pictures.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/268d1bd4e93b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 2/10/11 by iamahumandoing because: Lights in the sky

edit on 2/10/11 by iamahumandoing because: Picture added

edit on 2/10/11 by iamahumandoing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Not heard anything unusual or untoward down here in the west midlands, all is calm and quiet, damn.
I would love to hear them as there are lots of people reporting similar weird noises, perhaps i will get lucky or unlucky enough to hear them at some point.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nope, haven't heard anything in Cumbria, if i do will let you all know and will try film it too

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

we're all in this for the long haul

it wont even peak til 2013 so just imagine

whats to come

ps - time flies!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

This is definitely strange, because you just described exactly what I experienced a few days ago in Washington State USA... fairly close to the Canadian Border.. Upon getting in bed to sleep, I heard that same bass sound.. at first I thought it was someone's truck or car engine, but it wasn't, because I went outside to check it out and it seemed to be coming from nowhere in particular..

I went back inside and then still hear it, but then it stopped suddenly, but it started back up again after a few minutes..this continued for awhile until I just fell asleep, (on and off).. I asked my wife if she could hear it, but she just got mad at me for waking her up to ask .

Haven't heard this since that night though..

It did cause the building to rattle to where it really bothered me...But no other family members even noticed or were already asleep..

The sound was like a pulsed wah-wah pedal but very low frequency bass sound..
edit on 2-10-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

am in liverpool

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

last week,maybe tuesday,heard what i thought was thunder,early late afternoon(5ish) lasted maybe 3/4 seconds then nothing else.weather was quite bright an warm,no clouds about either,at claypotts arbroath lights.first thought was oh here we go another downpour, .

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Yes, I have. I am in Glasgow. I have also seen UFO type stuff in the sky.

There have been lots of reports and threads here for a while. S&F.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's called airplanes.

Aircraft tend to make a rumbling sound because their engines produce a low frequency noise. This lower frequency is what causes vibrations.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
reply to post by djz3ro

Heard/felt them in Wigan about four months ago, felt like it was almost coming from inside me if you get what I mean. Real low booming noises that seemed far away but kinda shook my bones...

They were equally spaced in time, I remember a series of about 15 booms before it stopped, nobody else I asked heard it though...

That's pretty much identical to what i heard but only 3 of them and i know exactly what you mean when you say it "felt like it was almost coming from inside me"! That pic looks awesome, i have never seen anything like that, sure i've seen contrails (or maybe chemtrails, i'm still on the fence on that issue) but never like that.

The UFO i saw a couple of weeks ago was also had a blue flashing light (it went yellow/green too, i don't know which, i'm colour blind) but it stayed on a straight heading.

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by djz3ro

This is definitely strange, because you just described exactly what I experienced a few days ago in Washington State USA... fairly close to the Canadian Border.. Upon getting in bed to sleep, I heard that same bass sound.. at first I thought it was someone's truck or car engine, but it wasn't, because I went outside to check it out and it seemed to be coming from nowhere in particular..

That is strange, i mean we're half a world away from one another and hearing identical sounds. I really hope that there is some light shed on this soon!

Originally posted by dunc4
reply to post by djz3ro

last week,maybe tuesday,heard what i thought was thunder,early late afternoon(5ish) lasted maybe 3/4 seconds then nothing else.weather was quite bright an warm,no clouds about either,at claypotts arbroath lights.first thought was oh here we go another downpour, .

Actually i heard that too and the only reason i didn't include it is that all my windows were shut and to me it just sounded like a rumble of thunder, though i did find it odd that it was as you described.

Originally posted by h3akalee
It's called airplanes.

Aircraft tend to make a rumbling sound because their engines produce a low frequency noise. This lower frequency is what causes vibrations.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Cheers Lee but the 3 loud booms i felt and heard were definitely not planes and, unless there was a plane hovering above my house that managed to turn its engines on silent i really don't think the noise last week was either.

I do remember once i was about 14 (20 years ago) and had just come home from school, i was in, the living room and i heard a noise that sounded like a plane, on a film doing a dive, it sounded like it was getting lower to the ground, increasing in volume and pitch, the house started to shake and i actually went out to see if there was a plane falling from the sky but i saw nothing, since then i have heard this noise a few times and no it was a plane. I have worked a bar at a camping site where the RAF practive low level manovers, i have lived quite close to Edinburgh Airport and under the flight path of a few planes and i know what a plane sounds like. This was no plane!

Keep your experiences coming and thank you Maya and others for your links

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It's called airplanes.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Whoa! You just solved the mystery yourself! That's amazing, I've obviously never heard an airplane before so I wouldn't be able to differentiate the sound of a plane with something else.

Thank you for telling me and countless others what we have heard.

You obviously are very closed minded and are unwilling to accept that you don't know everything, making you worse than the doom and gloom people that will at least admit they don't have the answers. People like you are the reason that the majority of America didn't see the real attack that took place on 9/11.

Again, you know nothing and your ignorant, cocky and all knowing statements are indicative of the very thought processes that seem to sabotage humanities opportunities to progress psychologically time and time again. you are an idiot.

Take care, regards.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

I've just sent you a message about a noise heard on 8th August that disturbed a friend of mine.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It's called airplanes.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

because obviously the OP has never, ever heard any aircraft at all.

Thanks for the straight to the point patronisation. Much appreciated

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
could it be DUBSTEP

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by moixa
could it be DUBSTEP

Hahahahaha you may be on to something there, though i was more of a BOOM than a WOMP :p

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have heard this sound whilst on holiday this year, on Rougham emergency airfield, near Ipswich.
It was in July and I was with my 2 children and my sister and we all heard it. It came from the West-the setting sun. My sister thought it was thunder but there were no clouds at all and no airports near.
Many of the children then got sick and had to return home. I think it was because we were all in tents but it could have been that HEV68 virus.

I was reading the prophecy of The Night of the Red skies and this seems to be the Second sign; Holes in the Sky.

The holes tore with a resounding, thunderous sound, and the very Earth, rocks, and soil shook.

The prophecy was heard by an Apache man in the 1920s. The First sign was the Ethopian famine in 1984.
The Third will be Red skies that lasts a week but if this happens there is no return and the Earth will be a bad place to live.

Also I believe this has happened before. In the Ipuwer papyrus (Ancient Egypt), it mentions 'Oh if the noises would stop'. The noises of the Earth were keeping them awake. For years.

In fact we are causing this. If you link Schumann resonance, Pineal gland, our thoughts and the way we can change the ionosphere in times of grief, you start to realize we are causing all this.

We need to start loving each other or it is going to get a lot worse, according to the prophecy of the Apache Grandfather.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Also I forgot the South Atlantic Anomaly is a great big gaping hole, that extends all the way up to the low orbit satellites. In fact they have had to turn the satellites off when they fly though it.
The S.A.A. is also affecting the ground too and it is spreading.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join