It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of Mishka the talking Husky Dog?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Warning,turn your volume down low,to protect your ears and to stop your pets attacking the speakers.

Mishka is a Husky dog who seems to mimic its owners words in howl form.
I am not sure about this if its actually real-when dogs howl like that it usually means they are in some kind of distress IMO.
Anyhow see what you think:

www.youtube.com...

And finally,this dog is so clever he actually appears to respond to the commands just before they are issued!
Is that my Youtube connection or some form of trickery?

"Juss Wait now!!"

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why is that the talking dogs are always saying "I love you" ... can't we get them to mimic something new?

And the second video just looks like a dog reacting to something and the narrator added commentary after the video was shot.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
first vid is cute. I think they choose i love you because that is about the range of sounds they can make, not having the lip movements needed to form more complicated sounds.
The second vid is just a show. The dog is not responding to the spoken commands. He is responding to a visual cue he is either getting from the narrator or someone else of cmaera. It is an old trick used a lot. see it lots on AFV type shows.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
When I was a kid we had a cocker spaniel mix that did the exact same thing.

She would say a few different things, but "I love you" was the big one. I think it happens by coincidence. The human awards behavior it likes so when their dog howls something that sounds like this it is awarded and reinforced. Now the dog does it on command.

Still it's a cute trick.. But I'm not going to be convinced until I hear a dog say "Where's the cream filling?!"

ETA:

As for the second video, I'm pretty sure that's just an owner exploiting some weird behavior from his dog. I bet the dog does this naturally, and the human has made a little show out of it. Again, still neat to watch but this dog isn't following his master's every command.

edit on 2-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Let me know when the dog can say "It's not you... It's me." Now that would be ATS worthy.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow I wonder how you train your talk to understand commands like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Why is that the talking dogs are always saying "I love you" ... can't we get them to mimic something new?

And the second video just looks like a dog reacting to something and the narrator added commentary after the video was shot.

If you're so unimpressed with these videos, why don't you show us some better ones?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply's folks.
I once had an awesome dog who when you stopped itching behind his ears he would howl what sounded to me like "Owww Nooo,ooo.
Itch his ears again and he would stop.
He was the boss of me,so he thought when it came to ear itching,rest his soul.

I am so very thankful to live in the same time as dogs do on this planet.
We are truly blessed IMO.
Its not all bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
first vid is cute. I think they choose i love you because that is about the range of sounds they can make, not having the lip movements needed to form more complicated sounds.
The second vid is just a show. The dog is not responding to the spoken commands. He is responding to a visual cue he is either getting from the narrator or someone else of cmaera. It is an old trick used a lot. see it lots on AFV type shows.

I agree.. Some of the videos does not sound anywhere near what they claim.
They might even be using high pitched sound that in inaudible to humans which will make dogs react similar to in this video.
I truly hope they aren't using high pitched sound or anything like that, as that would be pure torture for the dog.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Now here's a real talking dog. It's an oldie but still makes me chuckle.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Anyone heard of Mishka the talking Husky Dog?

Reminds me of my second wife.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

It just comes down to repetitive commands/actions.

I have two siberians. Every day when I walk in the door after work, both of them say "Hello". It sounds much more like: Rut Roooo. But you get the idea
They started doing that after about a year of me walking in the door and saying "hello" to them. Huskies are not like other breeds, they don't typcially "bark", they "woo"

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

That's a classic!
Lovely old dog wants to get meat from the fridge!

top topics

join