It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limitless (the movie) - no limits for Hollywood lies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

it comes from drive and desire. One has to want to study, pay attention, learn, systematically examine connections.

Good point.

1.These new type of drugs is for the people with the lack of will and confidence for using their brain , to concentrate and to decide.

2. After using those drugs , they feel like they are less confident about themselves. Because they feel that they are depending on the drugs.

3.this is what is going to blast those people from inside. Huge lack of will and confidence

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm puzzled by the poker hand. What does he have? With four cards he's obviously playing Omaha and needs to use two cards in his hand and three on the board to make his five card hand. The best I can see is if the the fifth card (not shown) on the board is a club, then he will have a flush Ace high. If the river (the fifth board card) is a 5 then he will have a straight. As it's shown in the pics he's only got a drawing hand

edit on 2-10-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Studies have tied high intelligence with depression, no its not all great. I would probably liken it to peoples on ATS views of being aware of all the MSM bs, and being awake if you where to the conspiracies, sure its good to not by the bs, but you still deal with a world that does.

I guess its a case of the grass is greener on the other side, the whole wanting what we don't have.

Not saying having a high IQ is not useful but as with everything else its how you use it, doesn't mean its great.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
a clue : MDMA

MDMA isn't really new at all. People have been using it for ages. There is a difference between the drug portrayed in the movie and the real drug called MDMA but I can see what you are getting at. Many people have increased levels of confidence and energy when on drugs such as MDMA. There was another movie similar to limitless where a scientist used his own version of MDMA to increase his self confidence but I think that movie had a really bad ending, the guy basically turned into to some sort of pyscho if I remember correctly. Can't remember the name. I bet there are already secret scientific projects which are trying to remove the undesirable side-effects of mind-altering substances. In my opinion, they've most likely already got "enhancement drugs" very similar to the ones in limitless.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks, haven't seen this movie yet, guess now I don't have to since I seen pictures and explanations of it.

Also, did you just wanna go for some easy stars and flags by posting any old crap like a lot of others do and then have the feeble minded who see conspiracies in everything come along and heap praise for "telling it like it is"?

If so, can I take a wonder drug to experience what it's like in the ATS world of seeming irrationality where a movie is to be feared and pointed out as Illuminati rather than enjoyed for what it is, a piece of fiction for entertainment purposes only?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I took a look at the MDMA page and I have to say the most common effects are actually very similar to the drug in Limitless. The wikipedia page also has a cool animation of the chemical.

The most common effects reported by users include:[24]

* A general and subjective alteration in consciousness
* A strong sense of inner peace and self-acceptance
* Diminished aggression, hostility, and jealousy
* Diminished fear, anxiety, and insecurity
* Extreme mood lift with accompanying euphoria
* Feelings of empathy, compassion, and forgiveness toward others
* Feelings of intimacy and even love for others
* Improved self-confidence
* The ability to discuss normally anxiety-provoking topics with marked ease
* An intensification of all of the bodily senses (hearing, touch, smell, vision, taste)
* Substantial enhancement of the appreciation of music quality
* Mild psychedelia, consisting of mental imagery and auditory and visual distortions
* Stimulation, arousal, and hyperactivity (e.g., many users get an "uncontrollable urge to dance" while under the influence)
* Increased energy and endurance
* Increased alertness, awareness, and wakefulness
* Increased desire, drive, and motivation
* Analgesia or decreased pain sensitivity

EDIT: This is also an interesting little snippet on the adverse affects:

The top side-effects reported were difficulty concentrating, jaw clenching, grinding of the teeth during sleep, lack of appetite, and dry mouth/thirst (all occurring in more than 50% of the 74 volunteers). Liechti, et al. also measured some of the test subjects for blood pressure, heart rate, and body temperature against a placebo control but no statistically significant changes were seen.[25][26]

A 2011 study carried out by Harvard Medical School and published in the journal Addiction found no signs of cognitive impairment due to ecstasy use, and that it did not decrease mental ability. The report also raised concerns that previous methods used to conduct that research on ecstasy had been flawed, and the experiments overstated the cognitive differences between ecstasy users and nonusers.[27]

edit on 2-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I didn't mean to bother you with my OP. You can always have your own way of looking at things.

You can always go to the beach , to the club and you can do whatever this man is doing in the movie.

That is not the way I wanna live.

The whole story here is like , you and me were on a cruise ship. I saw the engine of the ship is malfunctioning , So I come and tell you " hey , we are going down". then you tell me that you are bothered and others have told you before that we are going down.

So if you feel comfortable in your journey , sit there and don't move . the boat is heading its way. Don't even wake up.

Have a nice trip.

Also, did you just wanna go for some easy stars and flags by posting any old crap

this again. You think that I should think like you while I don't want you to think like me. I don't force you.

I don't want to get S&F in ATS and I send my posts here for something much bigger.

I don't mean any level of this respect for the people who added S&F , but
I like better a scientist to criticize me than a fool who is just affected by my post and is blind , to tell me " you're right".

Just read other posts and see how are other people thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

MDMA isn't really new at all. People have been using it for ages

But I don't remember a movie advertising the usage of that drug.

In my opinion, they've most likely already got "enhancement drugs" very similar to the ones in limitless.

May be one day they could do it. but today they are not doing it correctly. The people who are going to their Psychotherapist are getting the drugs with similar side effects and they are being played.

they are being connected to high voltage pulse to forget their past and they get similar drugs with similar side effects.

And thank you for sending informative posts.

I knew that I should have given more sources of information to support what I am saying.

But it was late night and I was tired . I also wanted to get it done.

The reason I started this thread was that I am watching a dear friend of mine is going far off the road.

He was a smart , creative and religious boy who was being played by bad friends of him. now, he is a university student and he is hardly finishing his course.

He started by smoking cigarettes , then he started using marijuana , alcohol and now , he is a drug initiator.

He gives a try to every different type of drugs.
edit on 3/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Tao Te Ching 55. Love and Nature
-------------------

"The light that burns twice as bright Burns half as long."

academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

life decision, death inevitable, do you burn out? or fade away?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

thank you for your link.

Tao is good as a description to build my own self but it it misses some pieces.

A map to guarantee my afterlife in peace.
the nature is it self a creature reflecting its creator.

So death and life reproduce themselves.

God (Allah , Yahweh) lets all those things to commence , continue and end one day.

A good traveller leaves no trail to be followed

I believe that a good traveller , specially the sage leaves trails and calls others if he has found a good path.

I think that there are much good advices in TAO but I should be guarantied about afterlife.

To achieve Nature is to be enlightened;

My opinion :

To achieve truth is to be enlightened on the other side and respecting the truth will lead to be enlightened in the afterlife.

I emphasize that there is much that I should do about myself to build myself , but I need some promotion to continue. I don't find all that I want in nature.

edited : Thank you for replying. I saved your link and I am going to think about it in future.
edit on 3/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Actually the concept if this movie is an exaggeration of a real type of smart drug. I will try to find out what it was called. A friend and I talked about it recently.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A movie about a drug that unlocks access and improves function to the brain.

If the lighting wasnt dull at the start then how will you associate the feeling of the comedown to the feeling of depression that is felt at the start.

Making a connection between MDMA and this fictional drug is ridiculous. In the movie the drug is all about being able to learn better, functioning quicker.

MDMA is a feeling of more empathy, higher appreciation for sounds and colour etc.. And by no means are you able to function, you completely lose it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

If the lighting wasnt dull at the start then how will you associate the feeling of the comedown to the feeling of depression that is felt at the start.

You are right.

But you missed this. This man is going to be a slave for the drugs.

The 22th picture and the monologue he is saying :

"He knew he had me".

So he is his slave and he does everything for his master and he is never going to be free again.

MDMA is a feeling of more empathy, higher appreciation for sounds and colour etc..

I should tell you to read other posts and do more investigation , too :

post by ChaoticOrder

good luck

edit on 5/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Any drug is going to be your master, they all do things physically and mentally to alter your perception and feeling, that is only achievable by using it.

Also, i dont feel i need to more investigation as the best source would be personal experience and abuse.

EDIT: In saying that, yes the there are some similarities between MDMA and the limitless drug. However you could make connections with the limitless drug and many other drugs.

edit on 5/10/11 by Burnerz because: ^

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

I am no a drug user and I am not a drugs expert.

I am just trying to connect some dots and I mentioned MDMA as one clue , not the whole.

Thank you for replying.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by george_gaz

I have said already , Just accident.

You should have taken it seriously or I shouldn't have told that.

And if you view my posts statistically you would understand that I am saying that I should try to use my brain for myself.

As soon as I learn that it is necessary to use my brain I will use it and there is no need for drugs to do that and make me unable to concentrate , high-sensitive , less patient.

I suggest you read more about new generation of drugs and the side effects.

a clue : MDMA

I have seen people who are suffering those side effects with my own eyes.

Oh my.

You shouldn't call out MDMA like that. You don't know what you are talking about. I could stomach most of this thread until then.

What are those "side effects" you see people suffering from?

By the way, IMO, this movie could have easily been related towards Amphetamines rather than anything else. It was fairly obvious to me at least.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Burnerz

I am no a drug user and I am not a drugs expert.

I am just trying to connect some dots and I mentioned MDMA as one clue , not the whole.

Thank you for replying.

When i watched limitless i thought of a bit taken from every common drug was apparent.

Roughly speaking/taking a bit from each drug:

Mental boost - Amphetamine
No fatigue - Methamphetamine
Disassociation - DXM/Phencyclidine/Datura
Tunnel Vision - '___'/Psilocybin Mushroom
Increase in colour - MDMA

Really broad idea as these do so many other things but yeah.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Ok.

I propose that you better read two pages of this thread.

I have claimed already that I am no drugs expert and I don't have any experience.

I have a friend that uses those and I don't ask him to tell me about his experiences.

He once told me when he was using Marijuana , he felt that time is passing slow and he could pay attention to every single detail of phenomena around him.

So , This is about picture 17 , where he can focus and pic 20 , where he can do things at the same time because time stands still and he can do everything at the same time.

'___', also known as lysergide and colloquially as acid, is a semisynthetic psychedelic drug of the ergoline family, well known for its psychological effects which can include altered thinking processes, closed and open eye visuals, synaesthesia, an altered sense of time and spiritual experiences,

In pic 42 , even when the girl has used the drug , she could focus on the people miles away.

Amphetamine psychological effects can include euphoria, anxiety, increased libido, alertness, concentration, energy, self-esteem, self-confidence, sociability, irritability, aggression, psychosomatic disorders, psychomotor agitation, grandiosity,

MDMA Subjective effects
Diminished fear, anxiety, and insecurity
A strong sense of inner peace and self-acceptance
Extreme mood lift with accompanying euphoria
Improved self-confidence
The ability to discuss normally anxiety-provoking topics with marked ease
An intensification of all of the bodily senses (hearing, touch, smell, vision, taste)
Mild psychedelia, consisting of mental imagery and auditory and visual distortions
Increased energy and endurance
Increased desire, drive, and motivation

I propose to watch that film again to see what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

OK. I'm not trying to grill you here or anything...

The effects of MDMA are not really even close to what you are seeing on the movie. More or less can't concentrate on anything and you would rather lay back on the couch and ride the nystagmus ( aka eye wobbles ). The effects in limitless are nothing like MDMA. Just saying.

Otherwise, IMO, they are VERY MUCH like vyvanse, adderral etc..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

ok

Thank you for replying.

I was thinking to myself that they are planning to introduce a new generation of drugs with multidimensional effects on human being.

Omitting bad effects and bringing all good effects in one pill.

The thing they can never do , they can't omit the side-effects.

There is always addiction and slavery to the drugs.

The lack of concentration is a clear outcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join