It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bully System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hello everyone, first off, I had no idea where to post this.

so lately I have been furious and wanting to do something about these bullies that apparently isn't being done much about it and its starting to get out of hand. and so this thought came to my mind.

Why not identify these child bullies starting from the 6th grade up to grade 12 (senior year) and put these kids on a website similar to those of child molesters, so parents and kids can know who to avoid and be careful about and hopefully schools can put these kids in some sort of special class for them. Either that, or were gonna have to teach our children how to F someone up real bad by the age of 6, but no parent wants their kid to come home with a broken nose and maybe missing some teeth.

Shouldn't we be concerned about the number of kids committing suicide because of bullying. I'm still very young and I don't plan to have kids any time soon, but when I do and this child is, for whatever reason, Gay, Lesbian, weak, ugly, geeky, or a "nerd" I don't want him or her to have to deal with these types of mini-TERRORIST.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
6th grade is way too late. I along with others in my class was bullied pretty viciously starting at 1st grade.my 3rd grade teacher had a great anti-bullying system, she started bringing me and my friend to wrestling classes.
edit on 2-10-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So when some over reactive pupils or parents lynch one of these bullies in a frenzy of mob violence, what has it achieved but more bullies who think they have justification so it's alright?

It's the parents and the home life that usually causes bullying, more responsibility should be shifted in that direction.

If you don't like bullies, don't breed them.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When I was growing up, I got picked on all the time because I was a 'fat kid.' When I got into the sixth grade, I invented my own anti-bully system that has never failed me. It's called "Punch them in the face until they stop messing with you."

Seriously, some kids are just d#heads because nobody does anything about it. They realize that nobody wants to actually be the 'bad guy' and they will just get told to go stand in the corner, so they keep doing it. Take it from someone who knows first hand from both sides: the vast majority of those punks won't ever think of touching someone again the second they realize that they're going to fight back.

You can try your 'therapy' all you want, but my kid is going to get nothing except a smile and a pat on the head when he gets sent home because he cold cocked someone who tried to steal his lunch money.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

that's why there are laws.....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMonk

i agree i broke my bullies nose in the 4th grade my dad was proud of me

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^

i agree i broke my bullies nose in the 4th grade my dad was proud of me

Personally, I got grounded and my dad wore me out every single time, but it was worth it every time. Every single time it happened, one less person was out there hurting kids just because he could, and that was worth a few bruises across my ass lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

go on.....care to expand and explain the relevance of that comment to what I said. Who's laws, what are they called, how do they help?

I'm interested.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

You would probably get people suing you for posting pictures of their child without permission in this day and age,if you made such a website.
Its a tough problem,but also a serious matter that should be dealt with.The bullies I knew as a kid turned into adult criminals-the really nastiest bullies became the really nastiest criminals.
They were also the same lot who would torture helpless animals to death at school or whatever.
Its true what they say-folks who do this as a kid sometimes turn into sadistic killers later in life.
There seems to be little society can do for such people who love to harm others for a power buzz.
Unless of course we decided to go all eugenics/master race to sterilize/drown the bullies,which of course I would not support.
Some would say put them in the army-but no,don't train them extra ways to maim and kill I say.
Who knows the answer?
Not me.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I agree with your point about parental responsibility.

With christmas season coming up please all be aware that ensuring your child has what all the other kids want due to peer pressure and advertising can put your child in the position of victimizer as opposed to victim at school. We all know that this season is pushed hard by the corporate government and we should not buy into it, yet every year people still do.

We all DO share responsibility for our children's views and behavior. Sometimes kids are good at reading between the lines and if we keep saying that we feel pressured to buy the stuff so our kids feel valued and will not be bullied we are telling the kids that it is ok to bully for this reason. That is the subliminal message we give them.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
im with nerbot on this,it would be torches and pitchforks at the ready and i dont believe children are born bullies they are created usually because they themselves have been bullied.
who was the real monster,frankinstien or dr frankinstien?
Time to start understanding and stop dividing thiers enough going on in the world without turning on children..

link   
I don't understand what the issue is with kids these days bully's have been around since the dawn of time. Maybe parents need to step it up and teach their kids life lessons such as suicide is for cowards (its how i was taught) and maybe teach kids how to fight back!! Bullies are a part of life they are everywhere from schools to workplaces teach these kids how to deal with it. As a wise man once told me "Suck it up or * it up". now i know the first thing out of your mouth is violence isnt the answer but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire or walk a way and let it roll off your back its human nature the strong pray on the weak so sooner or later your going to have to deal with it.

our grandparents dealt with bullies, our parents dealt with bullies, we dealt with bullies, our kids deal with bullies, our kids kids will deal with bullies suck it up get off the computer pay attention to your kids teach them valuable life lessons the problem is not the bullies the problem is the breakdown of the family structure.

as for the suicide is for cowards comment i have lost 3 friends to suicide 2 over women one over the inability to handle life in general so don't think i am heartless one of them the kids father refused to even attend the funeral because his son took the easy way out.

link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Yes, too many parents buying the respect of their children instead of earning it.

Devolution imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sorry, but what a great way to teach your children not to bully others! (sarcasm) By corporal punishment from a parent to a child! Wham! Wham! "This will teach you to hit, make fun of, torment other kids!" Probably said with a "this hurts me more than it hurts you!"
I know you weren't the one bullying others, but even so.......

edit on 2-10-2011 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I would say that teaching children empathy is one of the most important tasks for any parent. A loving environment is the only way to rear a child and helps to safeguard even the psychopathic child from causing harm to others, they get to understand the consequences of their actions such as certain behavior causes pain either physical or emotional and this will affect their home environment negatively. Even a psychopath can appreciate that others feeling bad will affect them personally.

Just my thoughts.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Very true. S& F for your topic but since this is something of a macho web site you will find the "big boys don't cry" philosophy in full bloom here and that is why my S&F will be all alone for who knows how long. Not to worry. Your heart is in the right place and a valuable heart it is.

I think though that children should be identified in preschool and elementary school and taught respect for others and all life. Planting small sprouts and growing a plant believe it or not, builds empathy for the most basic of life. Then you advance to love and care for a pet and of course each other, by encouraging positive interaction with classmates. Withdrawn, insecure students are as disadvantaged as their aggressive antagonists. Withdrawn students need to be taught assertiveness and their inherent right to exist.

This small kernel of doubt in themselves allows a bully to overpower them psychologically. If they were more assertive, self empowered and self actualized....the bully could harm their physical body, which recovers but their psyche might stay strong - withstand a beating and come back kicking - if the right lessons are taught in EARLY CHILDHOOD.

edit on 2-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

How can a last resort like suicide ever be an "easy way out".

Funny how it's only the living who get to offer their opinion on that. Is it because we naturally assume we are stronger than them? Maybe not if we had been in their shoes.

I believe there are some who have incredible courage to end their lives and it's not always in a snivelling cop out.

The hardest choice in life, must surely be to willingly end it, not something most people could even consider.

A big spectrum on this subject and I just wanted to inject some perspective.

ps..I've been bullied physically, mentally and emotionally from schooldays to workplace to partners and I can tell you it's not just schoolkids. They grow up you know. Dealing with the family of bullies when they're young is the best way to halt the behaviour in future imo. It is perhaps the home environment that contributes to bullying so why not start at the root and place more responsibility where it's needed?

I have also contemplated suicide a number of times when I was a bit younger.....I did not have the strength to do it.

edit on 2/10/2011 by nerbot because: spelig

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

reply to post by nerbot

go on.....care to expand and explain the relevance of that comment to what I said. Who's laws, what are they called, how do they help?

I'm interested.

Are you?
Are you interested in the welfare of children or in being right?
Weekends aside, from the ages of 5 or so how much time do you think a child spends awake in school versus awake and at home with the parents? It is at least equal. Home life teaches children boundaries or no boundaries depending on the upbringing and up to a certain age children want and need boundaries. Planning for a day when boundaries are lifted. It had better get learned by then but you have until then.

What a child learns before age 5 or 6 is how your parents react to you, and to each other - not how the child is expected to "behave" in a social setting. This they will often learn in school. Often and sad but true, a child's first experience socializing is in the school. If they are unfit or ill equipped for any reason to be fair to the child - they must be fixed. Denial of a disturbing problem only takes you so far - you really need to attack this head on and with compassion for both the bully and the bullied and direct and different approaches to handle each. Not sticking up for the bully.

Laws are in place to limit the damage a parent can do to their own child. I have seen some children ruined by their parents and then repaired by the schools and exposure to normal so the child can see for the first time some semblance of what "normal" is. Sometimes an intelligent child's first realization their parents are a little bit mentally ill comes in elementary school and speaking to their peers.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Laws are in place to limit the damage a parent can do to their own child.

How about preventing the damage in the first place?

Mopping up after the fact and to "limit the damage" doesn't spare the child from what they go through which could be the catalyst for a new bully in the making or an overture to a life of something worse. Couple this with the parents frustration or anger of how their offspring is behaving and it's fuel for the fire. Disfunctional family, constantly exploding and being vented as a byproduct outside the family circle. (I'm not happy so you can't be too).

The laws you speak seem to be for those who offend and could only serve to punish those who actually need educating BEFORE the damage is done.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

probably wouldn't be legal as its rare to that even child criminals get there information posted(unless they kill soem one or rape some one usualy) so i dont think it would be a legal thing not to mention how it could be miss used
if you want to do anything fine the parents or the schools that seems for more legal and probable to be able to pull off from a legal stand point

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join