It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds of the planet -- What is REALLY going on??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Over the last year we've seen threads and videos from all over the world claiming and even possessing recordings of a sound that resembled thunder with the bass turned up. So many of us have heard the "rumbling" that it can't be something small. I live in Georgia, and I can count 11 more states off the top of my head where people have heard the noises - not to mention other countries.

Now, it seems we've elevated. Ever since the 'earthquake' in VA (which shows on the seismograph like an explosion) people have been reporting explosions. While I haven't heard these sounds, or felt them, I will not discount them because there is a lot that we don't know. However, if mother earth was once rumbling, and now there is straight explosions, then I believe now, more than ever, is a time to be worried.

so, how do we go about researching this? I can't seem to figure out where to start.
edit on 2-10-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
First I think starting a Map to trace all *booms* would be something you can't do without.

Seems like someone had started one here...

I'm wondering if it's the Auroa Plane.... (sp chk)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i live near atlanta. my gf and i heard the rumbling for nearly 2 hours. this was...i'd say...2 sundays ago. late evening...night time.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You know, just the other day I heard it for the first time. Both my neighbors heard the same. Its not airplanes, thunder, traffic or waterfalls. Its coming from the sky! Whats strange is we only hear it in overcast conditions. Never on a sunny day...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I've heard the rumbling down here in ATL twice. Once a few months ago and maybe 2-3 weeks ago, I can't remember. I live downtown so of course I wasn't home when I heard it. I was at Piedmont Park the most recent time. It seemed to be coming from the north east.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Everyone here near Chicago has been hearing it. I heard it come from the sky twice-(I know I live near major airports-wasn't it), it comes from the ground, and it last a long time.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
people need to record the sound,
a real documentation is the a and o!

what i found strange that there are no recorded sounds
from asia/ east asia!
i am waiting for this with my irig.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
You know, just the other day I heard it for the first time. Both my neighbors heard the same. Its not airplanes, thunder, traffic or waterfalls. Its coming from the sky! Whats strange is we only hear it in overcast conditions. Never on a sunny day...

That would be the Great Shamalamadingdong.
He's coming back for his nacho cheese. We must ready the vats, before all is lost!!!
Nice troll, bro.

The sounds are almost always heard during clear skies around here in TN when they're reported. I've been hearing booms occasionally for a few months now, my little brother recently mentioned it waking him up at night a couple of times. The rumbling, I've personally never heard or felt it, but a friend out in Chattanooga said that he was at a party and everyone in the room started freaking out, rumbled for near 15 mins he said.

Of course, as is usually the case, we have yet to find ourselves in a situation to record it, but I now carry a digital audio recorder on me at all times, just in case.If you need help finding the locations of the rumblings/booms, I'd be glad to help.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Ever since the 'earthquake' in VA (which shows on the seismograph like an explosion)

Does not!!
That is simply not true.
The seismograms clearly show no similarity whatsoever to an explosion.
HERE for example is a seismogram of the VA earthquake, showing as perfectly normal as an earthquake.

And also...

If you wish to back up your claim that the VA earthquake looks like an explosion, please state your argument further.

edit on 2-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't pretend to know what is going on with any more certainty than anyone else. Unfortunately I haven't even heard these sounds personally yet. I have spent many a long night tracking down references and writing through pages in my notebooks in an attempt to figure things out. I've noticed several others in threads going back quite some time also collecting reports and trying to make sense of it all.

I have a general theory that I can't prove yet, but I would love it if the next time people hear this rumbling at night as some did in New York City recently or during the day as other accounts have, they train a quality camera at the sky and record. As still as possible (Tripod would be helpful) and change areas of the sky occasionally as the noise shifts. One video on here showed a 20 minute duration. I've read of other reports at 60 minutes or more.

This has absolutely nothing to do with holograms or the like, but a shimmer or slight incongruity in the background of the sky is what I'm starting to think may be there if we look at enough of these in high quality. The technology that would explain this isn't even Sci-Fi anymore. A primitive version of it was tested on a tank recently, making it disappear. That was a P.R. demo for the media. I could be way off.....probably am. It may just be worth keeping it in the back of one's mind the next time it happens and seems to be overhead though.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Add Richland, Mississippi to the map!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
its often being dismissed as structure related (Kiev dam) or construction/development-related (msm says housing developments, eyewitnesses say underground bunkers (denver, co vid) and in some cases given the recent co and va quakes, even ug nuclear blasts which cant be ruled out. even more ominous, there is some talk about Russian gov scientists drilling to our core which may wreak havoc on Earth once they get near there!

anyway, strange sounds are being reported not just on Earth, but on MERCURY too, is it construction there too? lol

so maybe it is solar since mercury would be a good example since theyre an even closest neighbor to the sun and just 1 planet over. we know for a fact the earth's ionosphere is increasingly being affected by the solar maximum now through to 2012-2013. it's gonna get worse, most likely!

just imagine the changes on the sun. speaking of which, the cause may be our changing location in our Sol in the galaxy, and our galaxy's position in the universe, even.

heres a combination of recent earth sounds a minute in

edit on 2-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I live in northern Alberta, and I have been hearing these sounds every morning for about a month.I can't say for sure when the sound starts, but I normally get up around seven and have heard it for periods of up to 4 hour's.
I have recorded on alot of different days,and posted some of it on youtu.be...
I really hope I'm doing this right,I have never posted anything on here before.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Check my thread out: www.abovetopsecret.com...
You must check this book out: www.scribd.com... page 61""A
woman
in
Gaffney, South Carolina, was plagued by
eerie hums and strange mechanical sounds in the mid-1960s.She complained to the local police that someone was digging tunnels under her house, but a thorough investigation yielded nothing. Another woman living in Bellmore, New York, protested that her home was haunted with buzzing and humming sounds
that caused her to break out in a rash. The sounds were sometimes accompanied by the odor of a nauseous gas. In-vestigators heard the sounds but could not account for
them, In Antarctica, the tiny group of scientists living there
62 reported hearing the sounds of heavy machinery far out on the snowy plains. During my own investigations into the mountains of northern New Jersey, I wandered uncomfort-ably through old caves half-filled with water after local resi-dents had told me of hearing the sounds of pulsing machines. Further north, people living
in the Catskill Mountains told DrBerthold Schwarz of hearing sourceless mechanical sounds at the height of the
1966UFO wave. We have, in fact, hun-dreds of reports from all over the world describing myste-rious engine noises, buzzes, hums, hisses, and musical bell-like sounds coming from unseen sources.Asound like the dirge of a giant pipe organ has been heard infrequently in Yellowstone Park for a hundred years. Lakes from New
York's Finger Lake region to Africa are occasionally haunted by thunderous explosions like cannon shots.
To he UFO cultists these sounds are supposed to be coming from the marvelous space ships of mysterious extraterrestrial travelers. Another group (and it is a large group) sees these things as evidence of the existence of 'Deros'- detrimental robots who live in the bowels of the earth and are up to no good. The Aurora Borealis is sometimes accompanied by buzzing and crackling sounds, probably electrical in origin like the buzzing created by radar waves. And some of these sounds are undoubtedly produced by pockets of high-frequency waves,
which not only set up vibrations but also charge the air with ozone and nitrogen dioxide, an acrid gas that could producesuch effects as those observed at Bellmore. The earth's magnetic field is probably the culprit in many
cases of seemingly inexplicable phenomena. Our planet is
pockmarked with magnetic anomalies and aberrations. In
many places, a compass will not point north at all. The needle
will even swing in a continuous circle. Sea charts carefully
mark those places where compasses are unreliable.
In
the
1950s specially equipped planes of the U.S. Geological Sur-
vey made geomagnetic maps of a large part of the country,
pinpointing
all
the anomalies and aberrations. Interestingly,
many of the most spectacular UFO events of the past decade
have centered around these anomalies.
Ancient priests and builders must have known about the
earth's magnetism and its strange flucruations. They located
their temples, momds, and pyramids in the dead center of
magnetic anomalies. And they laid out long, arrow-straight
tracks or 'leys' between these magnetic points."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I agree with the first responder to the thread, a map of the locations this has been heard would be a good place to start. If I had any knowledge of web design I would build a site with an interactive map where people could come on and add locations where these noises were heard, a description of the noise and maybe even attach files of soundclips or pictures (where the noise was heard or any lights in the sky).

I was going to post about things I have heard myself here but I've realised it probably deserves a thread of its own so I shall go and start one but if anyone does want to make a map of where the noises have been heard, make sure you add Arbroath in the county of Angus right here in Scotland

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by samgordon

Hi, looks like your video didn't post properly, here you go.

Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing.
Someone mentioned a map, and there is a thread started back in March with members trying to map it:
Map of the strange sound phenomenom heard around the world.

This (still unexplained and mysterious) occurrance can also be heard in this thread:
Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I live in CT (Fairfield County near the NY Line) Last night (Oct. 1st, 2011) at around 10pm my girlfriend and I heard explosions for about 10-15 minutes straight in the sky...the sky was overcast but it definitely was not thunder...this was constant...BOOM after BOOM non-stop...definitely nothing I've ever experienced in my 30+ years on this rock...WTF is it??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is weird. it sounds like a highway in the sky and sometimes it will start rumbling so hard it shakes the ground. Its done it here in Michigan in clear skies, overcast, etc...Sometimes there is even a high pitch whistle i hear. i'd definitely like to get some answers

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

man...i have a vid that is almost EXACTLY like that. i tried to uplaod it to my youtube and it wouldn't work. i have a shorter clip of it here:

if someone here wants...i can try and email them the longer clip so they can upload. it was dead silent...except for the cold, hollow wind. heard the rumbling for couple hours. crazy body pressure with it. the dogs were going nuts in the backyard...running the fence line...on alert.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by ShadowMonk

Wasnt trolling, bro. Its a solid rumble! Doest change tune, doesnt stop. I heard it in the mornings for three days and the fourth nothing. It sounds like a massive fire or rocket burn. And its close, like youd be able to see what it was if the clouds werent clear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join