It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the best internet browser?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
hi,
i was using IE 6 until a few images were never loaded with it so I installed firefox and I can see the images now (stup*d problem with microsoft things,as usual)

anyways what is the best free browser I could use?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
FireFox all the way. Been using it since it was Phoenix and its always been great. Built in PopUp blocker...Tabbed Browsing...Open Source so bugs get fixed fast. Cant be much better.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
FireFox all the way. Been using it since it was Phoenix and its always been great. Built in PopUp blocker...Tabbed Browsing...Open Source so bugs get fixed fast. Cant be much better.

I'd have to agree. Firefox is the best browser out there right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the thing with firefox is that it kills new windows when i click on a link ...i have to right click and 'open in a new window ' each time
:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
hmmm...hey mayne, maybe u gotta save ur sh!!t to some other drive or to CD and then format windows, and install windowsxp......i think that'll work for you perfect

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyto
hmmm...hey mayne, maybe u gotta save ur sh!!t to some other drive or to CD and then format windows, and install windowsxp......i think that'll work for you perfect

Thats the most ignorant answer to any computer problem that Iv ever heard. You dont just format whenever something is wrong.

What do you mean FireFox kills new windows when you click a link? Use this extension to add more control to the tabs. Set it to make all new windows open in its own tab. So youll only have 1 window open.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
naw, dream, it's just my suggestion, i was just out of suggestions, so that's the one i could say. but it's fast to do like that tho

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Firefox for me as well. liked opera, but seemed to have too many crashes while using it. Gonna stick with Firefox for the moment

flc

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

I second this.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Are you tellin me there is something better than Opera? I've just been released from IE.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Are you tellin me there is something better than Opera? I've just been released from IE.

Mozilla Firefox, where have you been. I switched after my computer kept crashing, damn the time wasted resetting it, reformating it and countless other b/s.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oh yes there is...FireFox..its alot better, with more features.

Opera is for the fat lady. Your not a fat lady are you?

(dont get offended people...its a joke)

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
one word. FireFox. It owns everything out. Period.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thanks friends. I'm an "old guy", rely on you guys for comp. stuff. I'll check that out.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Thanks friends. I'm an "old guy", rely on you guys for comp. stuff. I'll check that out.

If you need any help with extensions and what not....only 1 u2u away.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Natch I keep IE6 fully patched to use for Windows Updates. BTW, right now it ain't good practive to allow "automatic updating" - cos XP's SP2 is likely to break some things in its early days - play safe & change "automatic updating" to "Notify me", then I'd wait a few weeks before installing this major patch.

I've been hearing good things about Firefox & the separate email client, Thunderbird", but it would take a lot to switch me from Opera. For a start, I love its built-in RSS feeds - this feature's awesome! - also its newsgroup reader, where you can directly access the Opera forums on anything to do with Opera.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Firefox.

I've used that for a few months and have nothing but praise for it

As for IE ...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
firefox works well, it hasn't given me a problem yet... It's got everything all rolled up into one yummy ball...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm using Safari (the default Mac OSX browser). I think it's based on Mozilla as well (though I may be wrong on this). Certainly way better than IE, which is even worse on the Mac than it is on the PC!

[Off topic]
It's mac all the way for me these days. I was a PC user for 15 years, and never liked the old style Mac, but since they adopted UNIX, and rebuild the whole Mac experience from the ground up, I'd have to say I will never go back.

Crashes, slowdowns, etc are now just a distant memory for me! and it's great to have a computer you can really program, to to really useful things, straight out of the box. Applescript rules!!

Go on.. make the switch.. you know it makes sense![/Off topic]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join