It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Banking System collapse due to NY protests?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
My wife is working for a local bank , just told her about what is happening in NY , sort of tried to figure out if we should buy some more canned food or something that can last for a bit.

My suspicion was/is that the protests, if extending - could actually lead to an undetermined period "bank holiday" and the transaction could go to a halt . Yes, it is a possibility that makes sense if the protests are extending.

However, I missed one aspect that my wife pinpointed: any struggle in providing fluidity on the money market, could lead to panic and massive retrieval of money from the banks by the scarred customers. Of course the banks will not have the necessary money to supply the market, and possible not have the necessary staff to do that either, leading to an acceleration in the "panic levels" , a downwards spiral for the banks. So, could the protests of NY be the "big thing" to trigger the collapse? The response could be YES.

Finally , for me and my family we decided that an exit strategy towards the countryside where my parents are still living, is best and better than long term food supply.

Wishing you a good day,
some Romanian.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Having canned food and water is a good idea anyway.

However these protests wont impede the banking system. The banks run the world don't forget.

General public withdrawing their deposit funds from insolvent banks would lead to a bank holiday and world banking collapse. Slogan wielding protestors not so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Quite possible...And then it would be; "Do you see what happens when radical minded people come together and unlawfully protest our fragile economy and your way of free life? Lets arrest these insurrectionists and never again tolerate these freedom hating terrorists, questioning an elected government and spreading propaganda about our brothers and sisters fighting for your freedoms overseas."

Throw in a "domestic terrorist attack", and this could very well be the final end of freedoms before 1984 is implemented in all it's glory.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, I do have some stored food but never considered more than two weeks worth of canned food is needed. We mainly eat fresh food, sort of do not like the canned one lol.

In regards to the banking system - totally agree with you . It is not the protests that could directly lead to collapse, but the awareness and the reaction of everyone else. The banking system is really in a fragile situation, it would not stand a consistent wave of customers taking the money out. Some interesting days to watch !

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Yep. Glad I don't live in any of the major cities.
I am sorry to say, but Revolution is a Young Mans game.
I would love to participate, but who would then take care of my family?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
Quite possible...And then it would be; "Do you see what happens when radical minded people come together and unlawfully protest our fragile economy and your way of free life? Lets arrest these insurrectionists and never again tolerate these freedom hating terrorists, questioning an elected government and spreading propaganda about our brothers and sisters fighting for your freedoms overseas."

Throw in a "domestic terrorist attack", and this could very well be the final end of freedoms before 1984 is implemented in all it's glory.

Ripe for a false flag, then Marshall Law, then the off handed comments about suspending elections.

Funny, as it looks like the domino pieces are being set up.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Greetings, although the protests going on in MY and other places over the last few days seems to be gathering support, and is now gaining traction in the MSM. After seeing them lining up to be arrested one by one like lambs to the slaughter. I have to wonder if the program to subdue the population, whether as some would say from water fluoridation, chemicals in the food, reducing education standards, or even over reliance on the media, and technology to provide them with their opinions, instead of exerting their natural given ability of critical thinking. I have to wonder if this would have the effect people here are jumping for joy about. or that others such as yourself are looking at and wondering whether "this is it", to make plans for preparation which in honesty really should have been started years ago. However better late than never.

Unlike the "Arab spring" where the population really did not have much to lose and much to gain in throwing over their dictator. The US may find it more difficult to do so. As the difference lays in the quality of life, and promise of quality of life, if you continue in the system. once people see this being threatened, as we see happening in slow motion at the moment, in most developed countries. Popular opinion will swing drastically against any protest that plans to effectuate a change in regime. Combined with the very fluffy way this is being protested at the moment, and the willingness, almost like it is excepted, to be arrested, to the weak and empty chants of "let them go" by the onlookers. tpo me its just words and empty gestures. but in the end the sheep will be lead to slaughter.

So, is this going to cause a bank run? will it affect the global banking markets. As it is currently, no. simply put the financial system is designed t operate over and above those of individual banks. So this would not disrupt the money supply. A run really gets going, when the big boys in the investment houses, start pulling and calling their investments savings and loans. Not the queues of people wanting to withdraw their life savings, which in the main are meagre compared to the real bread and butter of these behemoth banking cartels. so is it the end of the system to a fair and free financial utopia. No.

BUT. is it a start, especially now it is getting support from unions and other groups in raising awareness in the wider population that could possibly force a rethink in the banking strategy that is screwing you and me and everyone that uses their services? the answer to that could well be yes.

Will it change anything in the long run if those at the top that are doing these deeds are not held properly to account? I doubt it.

But good luck anyway!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Somehow , the population is prepared for a radical change. In the city I live in , we have periodic graffiti on the walls of the banks, sure with curses and harsh "messages" for the people working inside the banking system. This NY wave could be the trigger for a lot of worldwide protests..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Urm , no it's a non violent protest by a few vinyl buying classic Nike air wearing new Yorkers. Even us Brits managed to smash a few shop windows in.

Absolutely nothing will happen guarantied. 

Why ? 

Because just like the Uk there is still enough of us so scared that we get up and go to work on Monday morning , stopping for gas on the way. 

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The protests are quite small as of now.

The real imapct will come when millions protest.

So no panic yet.

new topics

top topics

join