It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zooming 100 Million Light-Years Away From Earth (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I saw this video today and it blew me away...

This video shows what it would be like to zoom 100 million light-years away from a starting point on Earth.

Beginning with a satellite's view of two people on a picnic, the images progressively move upwards from our planet.

The journey continues through the solar system, venturing out into the Local Interstellar Cluster within which our solar system resides.

After a while, the trajectory accelerates, and we find ourselves in the Orion-Cygnus Arm of the Milky Way galaxy.

Then, we pass through the Local Group of galaxies that contains our Milky Way, along with more than 30 other galaxies, including dwarf galaxies.

Our rapid journey ends 100 million light-years away from the Earth, further away from our Local Supercluster, dominated by the Virgo Supercluster, and amongst the other Superclusters which comprise the observable universe.

Finally, we quickly zoom back in and return start of the video. Then, our virtual camera zooms in on the human body, advancing through cells, then molecules, atoms, neutrinos, and lastly into what the video hints at being the most fundamental particles of matter.

There is no sound, so don't worry, you haven't just lost your hearing..........

Please forgive me if this has already been posted on ATS, but things move so damn quick, especially when everyone lives in different time zones.......

Click link below....

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow that is incredibly awesome! I love how they do the zoom in. It's almost like seeing the universe all over again.

Thanks for the good find! S&F!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
WOW

what does it say at 1:16? (cant read)

and what is the spinning atomic structure show at the very end, deep inside the man's cell?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed that, reminded me of the MIB ending:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
WOW

what does it say at 1:16? (cant read)

and what is the spinning atomic structure show at the very end, deep inside the man's cell?

I do not know what it says at 1:16, I have tried hard, but my eyes cannot make out what it says. Maybe someone else with better eyesight or knowledge will let us know...

cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I posted one similar to this, but not this exact one....Really makes you think huh? I love stuff like this....no matter how may times I see it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Hermetic axiom "as above, so below." It also reminds me of many places in the Bible. These in particular. If you don't like the bible, hit the back button now.

Job 11

7 “Can you fathom the mysteries of God?
Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?
8 They are higher than the heavens above—what can you do?
They are deeper than the depths below—what can you know?
9 Their measure is longer than the earth
and wider than the sea.

Another good one:

Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Or this one:

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Or this one:

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Another good one about our place in this vast cosmos.

2 Corinthians 5

1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight

new topics

top topics

join