It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Australia - Coming To A City Near You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

You hit the nail on the head.Do something NOW, BEFORE we get any worse,before we end up like the US.
Things are not as good in Australia as our government and media make it out to be,cost of living is sky rocketing,cost of housing is fine if you want to slave away till your death bed,unemployment/underemployment is rising,roads are full of pot holes,all the same signs that point us in the same direction as the US.
It may hit us last,but it will hit us,only then will we see the laid back attitude of Aussies turn to Anger,when there is no more money left for BEER!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
the only way it will be effective is if the CBD(s) are completely blocked so that no one can enter any financial business.
If you can shutdown the money machine and the traders, maybe someone will listen after a fortnight of only low profits.
Big biz hurt, Big govt might listen.

Then there is the medieval method, when the common folk marched with flaming torches....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Thats the thing, i just can't fathom the protestors camping out in the CBD of Sydney or Brisbane.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If you disrupt the lives of the average person you just get them off side. Shutting down a city seems good but you don't hurt the multinationals you just hurt the casual cafe girl who gets sent home early because there's no business. And you watch the news when it shows some protester sitting on the road in front of a car stopping some person from getting to work. That person being the average Joe isn't going to join any cause that got him docked.

Sometimes there's smarter moves than shear numbers.
edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

You're dead right. How would you approach the situation?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
And it spreads. Woo go the Aussies, loves them I do!!

This is going Global. Lets just hope the Police in Australia wont be as brutal as their counterparts in the NYPD. Good luck with your occupation.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Be interesting to see how much momentum this gains,Globally we need to destroy the banks.
Yep iam up for it.

The bankers own and run Australia,the party voted in by the people is merely a management team. Destroy the banks.

How much do you own to the banks??? How many credit cards do you use, ha?

Fine, lets destroy the banks... down with them. Then what? Barter system? Do people still have something to barter? How about the increase of thievery and murder for bread? Is that your solution. You know people like you sicken me! You have no clue about what you are saying and have no idea how to install a new system either. Thats why those with similar minds like you are THE PROBLEM, not the banks! Please go to the protests and I will watch you all getting a$$whipped by the police force.

Why are you here? To boil the blood of the other indebted morons and make them run to the protests.... You are a joke!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

Never had a credit card.
Community banking where funds stay in and invested locally is where i have my pay directed.
Yes in part where possible use barter.
Destroy the banks as in central and Global investment banks,return countries back to their OWN federal reserve,and offer a currency that is backed by something other than key strokes.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I think that the Western World may very well be on the verge of civil war. There is one problem for Australia though, guns are banned.

Guns are not banned in Australia, it is perfectly legal (and easy) to own shotguns, rifles and handguns.. you simply need a firearms license (approx $200 and a one day firearms safety course). The only guns that are banned to the public are fully automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

Yes if you have a property to use it on or permission from a land owner or a member of a gun range. So basically they are banned to anyone who might want them for home invasion defense.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

No. All you need is a safe to keep it locked in. You do not need land to shoot it on. Handguns, due to their concealable nature, do require that you are a member of a registered shooting club, but you are still allowed to keep the weapon and ammo at home under lock and key. However Police have the right to conduct an inspection at any time to ensure that the weapon is properly stored.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

Never had a credit card.
Community banking where funds stay in and invested locally is where i have my pay directed.
Yes in part where possible use barter.
Destroy the banks as in central and Global investment banks,return countries back to their OWN federal reserve,and offer a currency that is backed by something other than key strokes.

Simply, you have no idea what economy is and you are blind enough not to see that any system YOU mention brings you exactly to the same point where you have finished it before. How will you prevent the greed of the masses? If you dont know what a soceity is or on what it is based, any solution realting to it will not help at all. What about the people who like to work with banks? Will you put a scarlet sign on them? Saying "down with it" is another unthought, illogical and irresponsible way of your KIND! Even in your answer, you have no real clue how to solve the problem, because you await that some hero leader will solve it for you anyway! I would suggest to you to educate yourself or just keep silent in order not to be ashamed of what you are writing.

You have nothing to do with banks but still want them down? Are you just bored and wanna see some action or what? Do you EVER think what its consequences will be? Of course not but it will be fun anyway, right? Freeddoooooooom, yeaaah go on the streets and cry that out loud. Type in google "econophysics" and learn!

What is your personal problem with the banks anyway? Do you know what demand and supply means!? People demand and the system supplies them. The problem with the banks and current economic problems are the uneducated people like you, not the govt, not the army, not the police and not the politicians, simply just people like you!!! Can you handle this truth? Of course not! Blaming others is always the easiest way, isn it?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The banks have dug their own grave,the people of the world will push them into it.
At least iam uneducated enough to stay away from bank credit.
Bringing back a sovereign owned and run central bank is one of the first steps.
Keep the wealth with the people.
No one said effecting change will be easy.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The unemployed will now have something to do with their time. Awesome!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

You're dead right. How would you approach the situation?

A political party called take back Australia or something. A political party who's aganda is to monitor the banks and multinational companies and keep as much wealth in the pocket of the Aussie as possible.. 10 years ago the Greens were a joke yet now they run the country so it can be done. There'd be support as well. The credit unions point out that the banks are money grabbing control freaks all the time.

Just a party with a promise to regulate the banks and multinationals.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Unfortunately something, IMO, needs to be done sooner than the next major election.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Unfortunately something, IMO, needs to be done sooner than the next major election.

All we'll get between now and the next election is a protest and that crapy tax put in place. we're not in as bad a shape as the U.S atm so I feel there's time between now and the next election to get something going. Who knows if it gets a good following from the start Gillard might call for an early election herself to exclude it and at least that would be one bad thing gone when she lost.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This current round of protests remind me a lot of the S11 protests held back in 2000.

wiki

It really was a coming together of anyone who wanted to bitch and complain about really anything at all.*
Like the current protests, there was no clear agenda, but people were angry about it.
Like the current protests, there was no clear specific demands, but people wanted something done.

End Result: NOTHING.
And like the current protests, nothing will come of it unless a clearly specific demand can be defined.

*Like the loggers who wanted to complain their jobs were going overseas and demanding government assistance.
Standing next to
the greenies who wanted to complain the forests were being logged and demanding the government stop it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Sorry but what a jerk! Go ahead and be sick you knee jerk stooge. The point is that corporate and banking greed is hurting people everywhere, by jove your reaction stinks of the worst kind of Brit cynicism. I'm a Brit too so I can say that. Every nation needs to at least stop paying interest on debt if not the entire debt and keep the money circulating within communities, not being siphoned off into nowhere only to be re lent again!

Keep throwing up!
edit on 3-10-2011 by cyoshi because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm going to refrain from commenting for now until I can get a better idea of what's happening and how/who is organizing this event.
Found this site that has a little more info on the discussion forums that are planned, not sure if it has been posted elsewhere, if so then apologies.
Occupy Melbourne

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join