It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lefthanded,Colourblind Homosexual is a good thing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
OK, This might seem a bit strange, but I believe that there are valid reasons for the title of this thread.
As people we are all basically hunter gatherers, we evolved to live in reasonably small tribal/clan groups of perhaps 20 to 70 members. As people, we are now in now way whatsoever different from those that lived 50,000 years ago. We might have more "Toys and Stuff", but we are no different.
The point of my thread is this..to be left handed, to be colour blind, to be homosexual...if you take it in the hunter/gatherer group setting makes sense.
As a general rule, each of these abilities will be seen in apx 12% of any population group.
An ideal size neolithic hunting group would be between 8 and 12 people.
It therefore follows that at least some members of that group would have the above mentioned traits.
Why?
Left Handed...If you are hunting in a "Line Abreast" formation, with spears, right handed people will always tend to throw to their left. The reverse is true for a left hander. Thus you can have enfolade fire on a prey animal.
Colour blind...Its all about camouflage, a person who is colour blind in green and red will see straight through a camo of an animal in red and brown. Normal sight will not do this.
Homosexual... Basically food share. Normal hunter needs to support missus and kids. Gay guy does not. Same value as hunter, but much less of the take does he need.

Please note that these are only my thoughts, not really backed up by anything, but I would appreciate your comments.
MOD. If this is the wrong forum please move it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I like these points. I have actually heard about the food rationing thing quite recently. Apparently homosexuality was seen as a good thing within primitive tribal groups because not only did the homosexual not need as much food (for your reasons stated above), but also because the heterosexual males could trust them (not to do certain things while their backs were turned) if someone needed to stay behind and protect the females and children.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

Interesting but flawed

Colourblndness would have no real bearing on hunting as prior to finding the beast it's tracked by ground evidence

Sexual orientation has no benefit or lack of either way. Though a male who was say a bit soft could very well become a healer or shaman as is known in some of the tribes today.

Left handed is a modern man trait as it appears neanderthal were right handed and they did just fine.

A tribe is usually made up of about 25 people and most females wouldnt have a baby on the breast at the same time so most of that 25 could hunt.

A tribe usually has about 25 people but the clan has to have not less than 200 (inbreeding) and not more than 500( out strip thier food supply) The clan needs about 1000 square kilometers and the each tribe of that clan needs about 50 square k's out of that 1000

edit on 2-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think i see what you're trying to say. A homosexual could be a important part of a group or tribe. He could be a craftsman or hunter ect to help assist the group as a whole. Not having kids of his own to take care of creates better living conditions and promotes survival to his clan/group.

In the social/tribe/group we all live in I think homosexuals should deserve a little more respect. They are all about helping others, vegitarian diets and saving the enviroment. Most of them are very nice people
edit on 2-10-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nyancat

Thats just what i was trying to say. Homosexuality is, and has always been part of human society, I was just trying to explain that it is benificial for the group as a whole if some are gay, some are left handed etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm left handed and color blind, but not gay. I can agree with two of your points but being gay is not one of them. I don't see any benefit from homosexuality to anyone other than the gay person. Well, actually in a cave man society it would benefit the alpha male because he would have more female partners. The weaker males would share the gay guy as relief.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

Colour blind...Its all about camouflage, a person who is colour blind in green and red will see straight through a camo of an animal in red and brown. Normal sight will not do this.

That's true. We color blind folks (I'm a righty, and straight though) can often see people in camo just fine, all the time. It's about my only saving grace in paintball, as I'm not as quick as the younger folks that play. It's still better than wearing black or white though.

The thing about camouflage though, is it isn't as much about the colors, as it is about breaking up the human form. I once saw a vid about a guy who could camouflage himself right out in the open, even in blue jeans. It's amazing. All because he knew how to distort the human form and blend in with natural surroundings.

Sorry for the tangent....

edit on 3-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join