It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 700 Occupy Wall St Protesters Arrested Saturday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They were warned not to go onto the bridge. Instead they lock hands and march straight in. Also "standing around doing nothing" doesn't really apply when you're standing where traffic is supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

....And let them eat cake....

If these middle class college educated kids could find jobs after college, they wouldn't be out there protesting in the first place.

They'd likely be working instead.

700 arrested is a mere pittance to the Millions of unemployed who would likely join them in their fight for justice and equality if they had the financial means to do so.

We were forced to bail out the Wall St. Banks after squandering the money away and look what it has done for the economy ?!

Absolutely nothing !

And to add insult to injury, the Bankers drink Champagne with our Money WE gave them !

Either give us our money back or ....

There will be soon be millions protesting this criminality and injustice instead of a mere thousands.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'd like to know whats next? A lot of people are arrested, I'm sure this will make people angry and get more protesters out there. But what happeneds after that? Do the higher up people try and make a deal? Do the protesters eventually go away? What's the outcome going to be? what are the options? I'm very curious to hear what many of you have to say.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

....And let them eat cake....

If these middle class college educated kids could find jobs after college, they wouldn't be out there protesting in the first place.

They'd likely be working instead.

Now they have a new "Job Classification", they are now people with a criminal record... aka: "Criminals"
Their position will serve to be an example and they're earnings (however meager) will compensate the cost of court fees and processing.
They will likely end up on some list labeled as "Agitators", so should anymore "problems" arise, Authorities will go to them first.
And for those who are lucky enough to have a job right now, the fees that cannot be paid will fall upon the rest of us in the form of taxes.
How do you escape it?
You have to deal with a bank these days when ever you deal with large sums of $. That's where they get their control. People feed into that with their paychecks every day.
I stopped buying gas, took my car off the road and walk or ride a bicycle where I can. But every time you make a purchase your buying in.
Want to hurt them... stop giving them your $ and put it towards helping out someone less fortunate after your own basic self preservation.
I know protests have worked in the past but walking and chanting only works for so long.
Walk the line or just walk away from their "business?"
edit on 2-10-2011 by Numb2itall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by neo96
did you really think the city was going to foot the police bill all by themselves

welcome to capitalism bunch of unruly people who violated the law

get to pay for their weekend at bernies.

totally priceless

Which laws?!

Apparently the one where they were blocking traffic...It is my understanding there is a pedestrian walkway and a traffic thruway...the Pedestrian walkway must end out on the street, and that's where they ended up. That's how I understand it. The cops just took advantage of the walkway ending.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I just watched a video of a gentleman that was apart of the crowd that didn't get arrested on the bridge and he explained that the cops allowed the group on the bridge, then baited them to step out of the 'safe' zone then proceeded to arrest them.

Basically he said the police ordered them to do something that got them arrested and the part of the crowd that did not listen (partly because they might've been farther away so they didn't hear the orders) were not arrested.

Somebody posted a vid of the group on the bridge, the cop was using a bullhorn to tell the protesters they would get arrested if they continued, and there was a woman with dark curly hair who stepped out from the crowd and was egging them on, then she stepped off to the side, and the group moved forward.
I put forth that the Ruckus Society who is part of this is inciting people to this activity.

ruckus.org...
www.infowars.com...
This article on Alex Jones website on the protest led me to this webpage
www.maggiesnotebook.com...

don’t you love Twitter!), from the account of Alice Khatib, who identifies as being located in Geneva, Switzerland. That led to the website Take the Square where Khatib posted a “Message from The General Assembly of New York City.”
Here are some of her thoughts

"Some of us think that the imposition of a Robin Hood Tax on all financial transactions, tax increases on capital gains, and the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act are three essential measures to reestablish a minimum of fiscal sanity in the United States and abroad. [Read about the Glass-Steagall act here]

Some of us think that true autonomy and independence cannot be achieved through fiscal reform.

Some of us believe that we ought to reboot the system, rewrite the constitution, recuse a system of government employed by the rich for the rich.
"

yep class warfare and a tax on the rich plus more regulations(as if we didnt already have more than we know what to do with) a Robin Hood Tax on all financial transactions...gee where have we heard that before? Oh yah Richard Trumka...

<< 1   >>

join