It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in the NJ sky, again...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Thanks for the acknowledgement to my possible cause.

As to the sound and causes, jumping to the cloaked UFO is a stretch I, as a UFO (alien) Believer, am not ready to jump on-board.

Can it be that? Sure as it could be an interstellar War raging above us too.

Now lets be a little more critical here and investigate the likelihood of such a claim. Not very likely, is it.

I do think that it isn't: thunder, Sonic booms from jets, Cloaked UFO's or Alien War.

It could be underground demolition, a Fracking process, or a Natural Gas processing plant venting that can causes this low rumble for up to 2 hours as I once saw on a YouTube video.

What we will need is more sound captures and any visual queues present when the noise is heard, aka possible cloaked UFO may give a blurry visual spot...or a Plant that is venting high pressure air

Maybe HAARP?

Now talking with my coworker, he asked me what I was typing and when I told him, he told me about his sound experience at his home at night, a low thumping rumble about once every 45 seconds that shakes the house.

Now that he said this, it made me remember the same thing I heard. It was like a distant boom box playing heavy bass music. That is what I attribute it to...maybe I'm hearing it too. Weird

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Hi OP,
I don't know exactly what you're hearing but down here in coastal NC they are called the Seneca Guns. Half the people that live here will say it is fake but they are not, I have had them scare the hell out of me personally. These booms are caused by masses of differing temperature air switching places rather suddenly. The result is a Boom......Boom......BABooom.... type of rolling thunder that lasts in my experience a couple minutes max.

Hope this helps. try and record if possible, I can listen and confirm if thats what you are hearing

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I believe you my Aunt was involved in a conversation with me on Facebook
when she heard strange loud explosions which she said it definitly wasn't thunder
her remarks where it sounds like some serious serious fireworks and it went on and on for some time.
She lives in Bloomfield NJ
not sure if you would classify that as central NJ
and this happened somewhere around 8ish last night. Strange!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aurvandil
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Yes, you took the words from my mouth. I agree with everything you say, however not about "You didn´t record it" bit. It is not easy for everyone to have a high quality recorder or camera in case one should hear or see anything strange. I would certainly not be able to record anything with my old cell phone. But, why would anyone tell about anything if it didn´t happen? What would the gain be in doing so?

The strangest explanation is drilling/constructing storage tunnels - for what? There are so many situations that we had for years and suddenly they give these strange sounds - all over the world?

I definitely think it is cloaked ufos...

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say thank you to OP for a great thread! S&F!
edit on 3-10-2011 by Aurvandil because: forgot S&F

Thanks, but I didn't mean for it to sound like I needed a recording to validate these claims. What I meant was that these are valid claims even though no recording exists. I, too, know that if something like that happened locally I would not be able to record it. I look more to the credibility of the person making the claim than photos, recordings, etc. to figure out whether I believe them or not.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Recorded this Saturday night in Clifton, NJ. At first we were wondering if it was thunder or fireworks but it sounded like neither. We did see a flash before it ended in the area it was coming from but if was either one of those we would have saw more flashes, especially if it was fireworks. Anyway, fireworks in this area this time of year?
Please excuse the cheezy editing. Did it for frequent language. Hey, this freaked us out!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Coming from a native Floridian, That sounds defiantly like Cloud to Cloud thunder, Was it raining nearby?

The difference between cloud to ground and cloud to cloud is the duration of the shock-wave sound. If it sounds like rolling, it is ground, if it is just a single boom, it is cloud to cloud. If the cloud level is thick, you may never see the flash as it happens at the top level.

Thanks for posting it

SirRic

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
Recorded this Saturday night in Clifton, NJ. At first we were wondering if it was thunder or fireworks but it sounded like neither. We did see a flash before it ended in the area it was coming from but if was either one of those we would have saw more flashes, especially if it was fireworks. Anyway, fireworks in this area this time of year?
Please excuse the cheezy editing. Did it for frequent language. Hey, this freaked us out!

Glad someone was able to capture it!!!
"Those are explosions". Haha, that EXACTLY what I said to my wife as it was happening.
What time did you record this? And as far as thunder goes, back on the 10th of Sept, the first time I experienced this, there were no clouds/thunderstorms that day. It was pretty much clear that night. And I think it was louder on that day too, with the repetitions of the explosions being closer to one another.
Thank you so much for sharing your video. Now people can see that i'm DEFINITELY not going crazy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It was overcast and it did rain later with thunder but these were way too frequent which is why our first thought was fireworks. But the booms were way too deep sounding which is why it freaked us out. I've seen lightning in the sky and heard thunder from it... This was different.
I did a quick search for any events in the area which would include fireworks but found none. I even thought that fireworks on an overcast night could make it sound different. Just don't know what it was.
Happened around 9pm
edit on 3-10-2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I just want to clear up some confusion that I might have caused in my original post. I started the thread at 12:25am Oct 2(today). The sounds happened just after 8pm last night on Oct 2. Again, sorry for the confusion that it has caused.

What time did you hear them in Woodbridge? I'm in Union, so not too far from you.

If I remember correctly, it was around 8pm...it was already dark, but felt like it should still be light out.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Yeah, it was just past 8pm. Around 8:15ish when I heard it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Have had a chances to listen to the clip at home with proper headphones and sound card, What I thought was thunder was in fact the wind on the mic. I can hear the booms clearer and saw a few streaking flashes that are not like lightning, so yes this is a mystery and maybe there is a war happening above us

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Does anyone know if these sounds have been heard in the past?Or is this a new phenomenon?What I'm trying to get at is it normal noises that we are just now noticing because of the reports being made on the internet and people are talking about them?Which one is it?Is it like when someone talks about a certain type of car to you and then you start to see that very car everywhere...
The world gets stranger every day

The very 1st time I can remember hearing this sound was about 2 1/2 years ago..Midday. A gorgeous clear spring day. My mom was working over in the next town, approx. 2 miles away. She had the children outside at the time. When I heard first, this rolling banging sound, loudest thing I heard in a while & just downright strange. My phone started ringing. It was my mom. They heard the sound from where they were, & all the teachers & children went running inside because they didn't know what was going on. She thought I would know, since I have a Police Scanner. I was just so stunned by the sound & I heard nothing on the scanner..Thats the first time I heard it...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I just called my son and he said it was closer to the time you guys are stating. He recorded it also and emailed his file at 8:30pm So I'm taking his word on the time.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hey, i live in central new jersey area, and i've been noticing some small explosions in the sky for the second night. they go off every 3-5 minutes for the past few hours now. i'm not sure where they are coming from either, very strange.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Well just to be a witness I want to hear these noises firsthand.I have seen unusual flashes(clear day),in my house mind you,my daughter saw it as well I still can't identify what it was and I have seen them early in the morning too.I live in a relatively quiet area and can identify most of the local sounds ,so if it does happen it should be quite obvious.Eventually these sounds will be identified and hopefully they won't be life threatening,or it will be just another thing for the government to cover up....That list is getting really long.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I posted this thread awhile back and not one scientific response regarding this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not sure if this has anything to do with the explosions but last night when I went out for a smoke about 3am I noticed out of the corner of my eye a flash in the sky to the South West. When I looked in that direction about 10 seconds later it happened again and the sky / clouds lit up green! Didn't happen again and even though it was overcast, no rain or storms in the area....and no sound that I could hear.
This is all starting to get really odd because a couple of weeks ago I saw the most spectacular and largest meteorite I've ever seen in my life from the same direction the booms were coming from last weekend. And it was HUGE! And it was green! It came straight down and even though it was around 2am, I thought it would be seen by more people and reported. I did find people on some meteorite reporting sites that saw it as well as...believe it or not, one of my co-workers who lives in NYC.
Again, not sure if any of this is related, but it's just too many odd events happening in this area lately.
Also, wasn't going to mention this since I only got a recording of it on my iPhone, but I did capture a strange object in the sky on Sunday afternoon. That's all I'm going to say because no zoom on the iPhone and I don't expect to get anything clear out of what I recorded because it was just too far away. After these past few weeks you would think I'd keep my camcorder charged!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I live in North Jersey (Bergen County) and I wish I saw this thread earlier because I heard this too. The sounds were loud enough to freak out my dog.

I think it's sonic booms. We are in the flight path of stealth bombers that are running bombing missions in Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I'm pretty sure they take off from wright-patterson air force base in ohio and generaly break the speed of sound somewhere around eastern pennsylvania or central new jersey. I could be wrong but my uncle, who's an ex navy pilot said that's what they were. By the time you hear it, the plane is so far gone that you have no chance at seeing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wanted to post in this topic as a New Jersey resident and as, usually, a considerable skeptic of most claimed events on this site.

Well, my wife and I have been hearing bizarre rumbles since this topic's creation in 2011. We live in south, south central NJ and are in a very quiet neighborhood (away from highways or train tracks).

In several instances, we have heard very disturbing skyward rumbling/booming with a strangely omnipotent source. In other words, the sound seemed to come from no particular direction but up. In addition, it was repetitive and variable, in some instances the house would shake and the boom would wake us from a dead sleep. It also never occurred necessarily at the same time of day. Some days it'd be 4pm, others 2am, yet other times it'd be 6am. Lasting anywhere from 5min-4-5 hours. Absolutely bizarre. I've never heard something quite like this and am completely baffled as to any potential theory, anything I could come up with would be but a guess, and not even an educated one.

(I linked originally a website mentioning the local media investigation of these booms in a nearby town, they mentioned how local PD are stumped and military denied involvement. However, apparently this is not a website ATS welcomes as the "free speech, but...banner came up, so I took this down)

This link mentions the "booms" and that NJ town is a close neighbor to where we live. Interesting to note the lack of military activity at a base that is some miles away, and certainly not one of the more active in Jersey.

As with most of these sounds, none have been heard prior than 2011. Ever. Now, all of a sudden, they're relatively common, and as mentioned, can rattle the house/wake you from a dead sleep. It's startling.

The sounds aren't always consistently the same either. Once it was a low droning rumble, the next a loud, short, boom that shook the house (that continued on changing intervals for hours), other times what sounded like short explosions. Really crazy stuff.

Neighbors are baffled, we're baffled, local PD are baffled, it's just weird. And the sound I've heard is similar to some of the other non "War of the World trumpeter" fake videos that are around the net, the ones I'd classify as likely real.

No idea what's going on, but my money is on increased solar activity somehow causing the magnetosphere to "quake."

I do have short videos taken with my iphone illustrating two distinct rumbles, I'll post them shortly after I upload them.
edit on 24-2-2013 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join