It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in the NJ sky, again...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andre Neves

So just after 8pm a little while ago(Oct. 2nd),

History for Newark, NJ
Saturday, September 10, 2011

6:51 PM 24.4 °C - 16.1 °C 60% 1013.9 hPa 16.1 km SSE 11.1 km/h / 3.1 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy
7:51 PM 23.9 °C - 15.6 °C 60% 1014.3 hPa 16.1 km SE 7.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy
8:51 PM 23.3 °C - 14.4 °C 57% 1015.3 hPa 16.1 km South 5.6 km/h / 1.5 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy

history

History for Newark, NJ
Friday, September 2, 2011

7:51 PM 22.2 °C 15.0 °C 64% 1017.4 hPa 16.1 km SE 11.1 km/h / 3.1 m/s - N/A Scattered Clouds
8:51 PM 21.7 °C 14.4 °C 63% 1018.1 hPa 16.1 km South 7.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s - N/A Scattered Clouds

Link

History for Newark, NJ
Sunday, October 2, 2011

6:51 PM 15.6 °C 7.2 °C 57% 1010.5 hPa 16.1 km South 22.2 km/h / 6.2 m/s - 0.0 mm Mostly Cloudy
7:51 PM 13.9 °C 8.3 °C 69% 1011.2 hPa 16.1 km SW 18.5 km/h / 5.1 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy
8:51 PM 12.2 °C 8.3 °C 77% 1012.0 hPa 16.1 km SW 14.8 km/h / 4.1 m/s - N/A Partly Cloudy

In the Northeast, storms take on similar characteristics and patterns as the Midwest, only less frequently and severely. During the summer, air-mass thunderstorms are an almost daily occurrence over central and southern parts of Florida.

edit on 3/10/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Sept. 2nd?
I thought I only saw people referring to the 10th, unless I read through the posts too fast.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Also, the approximate time that OP says he heard the incident and the times of weather data you posted for Oct. 2nd are way off.
Just a helpful hint you might want to edit them.
edit on 3-10-2011 by upgrayeddc310t because: typos

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There are so many sadly ridiculous responses to this thread I don't know where to start. There were a few good ones too, so I guess I'll sum it up this way:

Thunder

Do the people who post this "explanation" ever do ANY thinking in their life? I mean, this is the most lame explanation possible. Everyone has heard thunder in their life. No one will post a thread like this if they hear thunder. Why can't some of you ever exhibit even a minimal amount of critical thinking?

Fireworks

Same as the thunder excuse. Think before you write. Read the OP before you quickly conclude that there is a mundane explanation for unusual events. Occams Razor is for fools.

You didn't record it

This pathetic explanation (actually, it's more of a way to legitimize unreasonable denial of another person's experience) is a catch-all used by those afraid of and in denial of the fact that this world is much more mysterious and complex than they want to believe. It doesn't hold any more water than the other two lame-a$$ excuses listed above.

Cloaked UFO

This is actually one of the best explanations yet. I even posted a thread on this. But, you have to connect a lot of seemingly unrelated dots and make a few very reasonable presumptions. You can't rubber-stamp the ridicule that accompanies such a theory -- you have to at least explore the possibility. Again, I am not saying that this is definitely the cause of these sounds. I'm only saying it is one of the more reasonable possibilities.

Earthquakes

Possible, but we've had earthquakes forever yet have only begun hearing these sounds relatively recently. That's why I tend to reject this theory. But, still may be possible.

I guess my biggest grip with some of these is that they post one-liners without any reasoned discussion of why they think their theory is possible. For example, on member posted a theory that this could be "positive lightening." While I don't believe this explains it, after reading about positive lightening, at least the poster backed up his theory with something more than a one-liner followed by ridicule.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by summer5

ever think.... especially with "satellites falling" out of the sky every 2 weeks

(twice so far, but more to come)....that these booms reported on ATS and

newspapers for the last 3-4 years...

may be meteors? without a flash? just exploding in the stratosphere or upper

troposphere? (and why are there so many recently?)

?

edit on 10/2/2011 by drphilxr because: more

It isn't meteors. The sound of an exploding meteor doesn't last long at all. These sounds linger for a substantial period of time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I think a cloaked UFO actually sounds pretty ridiculous, too. Not because I don't believe in UFOs (I do), but because if said ship had the technology to go invisible, you'd think they could mask their noise as well? Why cloak one indication you are there, and not the other? Seems silly...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just had to sign up when I saw this thread.

I live in upstate NY and heard the same sounds between 9pm-10pm on 10/2. My wife and I both heard it and it sounded nothing like fireworks or thunder. More like cannons going off!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Recordings or it didnt happen lol joke

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Could this be deep core drilling?

I've seen numerous threads about TPTB making storage / living tunnels, could this be what people are hearing?

Maybe they are having to do it quickly hence not worried about making strange noises, as seen people are making their own minds up as to what it is and just saying 'oh well' which is what tptb would want.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t

Also, the approximate time that OP says he heard the incident and the times of weather data you posted for Oct. 2nd are way off.
Just a helpful hint you might want to edit them.
edit on 3-10-2011 by upgrayeddc310t because: typos

Prove it

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The site owners have got to answer for why threads suddenly get removed without any explanation.

If not, then well well well, goes to show what sites have been infiltrated.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'd like to point out a couple of things here to some who think i'm mistaking this for common events like weather and stuff....

I live about 15min west of New York City in Union County, NJ. We have lots and lots of noises coming from all directions at almost all times here. Whether it's helicopters(very often), cars, sirens, planes(minutes away from EWR),etc. There is no more than a 20 second pause, if you really listen, in which there is complete silence.
We also have our fair share of random weather. We have had a little bit of pretty much everything out there when it comes to it. As we've seen several weeks ago, we have also had some minor seismic activity now & then.
I'm 28 yrs old. I was born about 10 miles away from where I currently live and have lived here my entire life.
That being said, I have never ever witnessed such sounds, nor has my wife, in our entire lives. Thunder doesn't sound like that. And the fact that i'm not the only one in the area and out of state that has noticed it at around the same time shows just how much it doesn't fit normal explanation. Hope that clears up some things.

edit on 10/3/2011 by Andre Neves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by Andre Neves

Sonic booms don't last for 1/2 hour to an 1 hour. At least not to my knowledge unless our technology has leaped into the future by 20,000% and we are no traveling at a thousand times the speed of light.

I beg to differ. Have you ever been in the military? It happens a lot.
And, to make things more accurate, these reports are not constant booms, but reverberated booms, heard at intervals over 1/2 hour to an hour.

You could be talking about a squadron all taking off, each getting to altitude and then punching the sound barrier in sequence. They very rarely all do this at once. Also, they continually go back to lower altitude, form up, do a touch-and-go (a simulated landing used to train pilots), and then go up again sequentially and do the same scenario over again. Totally in the realm of possible, and in my opinion, probable.

You're right. I've never been in the military. But I've always had a interest since I was little in military technology, space technology, etc and have never heard of there being more than the traditional 2x "sonic boom". I actually just read up on the causes of the sound and couldn't find anything that remotely looks like what I experienced. Can you please go into a little more detail about it?
edit on 10/3/2011 by Andre Neves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I live in Westwood, NJ and i heard the sounds of explosions on Sat Oct 1 around 9pm. Yesterday while i was working with my boss i brought up the subject and he said he heard the same sounds around 9pm in Fair Lawn, NJ. I know what thunder and fireworks are bros and girls and it sounded like neither. I had the feeling that something was strange. We all need to be prepared these coming months and realize that all of us are the same and equal and that the way the world is now is not the way it should be.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I can see a LOT of people trying to explain this, and other wierd stuff away. But, why is this all new to us?
Have we just not noticed before? or is it a new thing? if so, what are they?

Wierd stuff, new to me at least. Maybe we are all just looking now?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Yes, you took the words from my mouth. I agree with everything you say, however not about "You didn´t record it" bit. It is not easy for everyone to have a high quality recorder or camera in case one should hear or see anything strange. I would certainly not be able to record anything with my old cell phone. But, why would anyone tell about anything if it didn´t happen? What would the gain be in doing so?

The strangest explanation is drilling/constructing storage tunnels - for what? There are so many situations that we had for years and suddenly they give these strange sounds - all over the world?

I definitely think it is cloaked ufos...

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say thank you to OP for a great thread! S&F!
edit on 3-10-2011 by Aurvandil because: forgot S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

I live in Milford, CT (southwest shoreline) and heard the same thing around 10:00 pm last night! I also had to turn up the TV due to the noise.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i made a user name just for this tread because it seems so unique and interesting...

First off it isnt any touch and go training, i live right next to oceana naval air station so i knopw exactly what that sounds like and i work on langley AFB and they the F-22 squadron there and there's no mistaking those for the sound either. they're twice as loud as the F-18's (i dont know why they are twice as loud, i'm sure it has something to do with the variable thrusting tech).

Secondly...sonic booms?! really? again lived around and worked on miliatary bases almosy my whole life.

Thirdly...positive lightning is out the window because it makes an even brighter flash then negatively charged lightning.

Alright moving past man made and natural tech...sound is actually quite hard to mask hence the reason stealth planes fly at night and painted black. it's very difficult to get a directional fix on a jet until you can see it or it passes right over you (ask the afghans). that was an exact quote from a retired spec ops guy i know, so it could be a cloaked alien ship, who knows it is cloaked after all.

And my opinion finally. i've listened to these sounds all over you tube and to me it sounds like artillery but no one is seeing any flashes(watch the movie "we were soldiers", the night time scene were all shells are dropping on the mountain in the back ground) so it could be something is going on we cant see an tptb dont want us to know about. idk just my opinion

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Does anyone know if these sounds have been heard in the past?Or is this a new phenomenon?What I'm trying to get at is it normal noises that we are just now noticing because of the reports being made on the internet and people are talking about them?Which one is it?Is it like when someone talks about a certain type of car to you and then you start to see that very car everywhere...
The world gets stranger every day

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join