It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in the NJ sky, again...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok. A couple weeks ago on Sept. 10th I posted a similar thread after a similar experience I had. The thread was locked & moved by a mod/admin to the Hoax section. I don't get why. Someone on here even made an entirely new thread asking why it was moved. That thread was locked.
If you check my posting history, you will see that my activity on this forum is nothing to be suspicious about. There are tons of threads made every day on ATS in the subject of Orbs, Teleportation, & Lizard People. Please, give me a break. I'm just trying to reach out to the users on here to see if there are any similar experiences. I had no idea ATS mods policed the forums in such a way before. Whatever happened to free speech...especially here!?

Anyway...

So just after 8pm a little while ago(Oct. 2nd), my wife and I sat down to watch a movie and we started hearing a constant rumbling. We thought nothing of it since the weather has been overcast the entire day and at first we just thought it was thunder. But after a while, it got considerably louder to the point where we heard it over the movie at times (Mission Impossible III at a pretty high volume). I paused the movie and looked out the window and it sounded like a constant explosions. Again, not the same as the sound you heard from fireworks. I know several people in the last post suggested it might be fireworks. I live in central NJ. We have experienced many fireworks here and know what they sound like.
So after about 2-3 minutes after I looked out the window, it suddenly stopped.
So at this point, I'm thinking, "that was very odd". The wife looks at me and says, "sounded just like the last time".
So whatever. The movie finished, I go downstairs to use the bathroom and come back up. My wife says to me that she went onto her facebook app on her phone and that one of her friends posted about it. So I turn the computer on and pull up google and do a quick search. I found that someone on the same forum that I posted it up. I took several screen shots of the facebook conversation and the google search result. I blacked out the URL and the names of the people, but if you read the facebook postings, you'll see that people heard the same thing a considerable distance from NJ.

Again, mods. Please do not take this down. I have no reason to lie about this. I was pretty upset at how my last thread was handled on here and my confidence in this site has lessened.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just found this. Now c'mon! South Carolina!? There's no way fireworks in NJ can be heard in SC. I know i'm not going crazy here...

www.blufftontoday.com...

Edit: Ignore this. Looks like user was inquiring about night prior to the time he/she posted question. Sorry.
edit on 10/2/2011 by Andre Neves because: Mistake

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

There have been the same type of noises reported in 3 different states this week. Now make it 4, or even more seeing some of those saying they were NJ, S MD, VA Beach.......

What the hell is going on?

Too many reports from all over hearing these booming noises - I don't like it! It can't be nothing.....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
um i heard "explosions" but I am pretty sure it was because it was storming here..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Well find out if your feeling it coming from the ground or the sky.

I know what you mean by getting the its a Hoax mark right away on a post.

I reported before that i was hearing rumbling here in Los Angeles and like magic i get lots of anti information say i hear nothing.

Well its odd when its clearly happening and you get the no it aint reaction.

Thats why i now dont post about this on here and i do somewere else.

Nice going people.

now only my love ones and close friends will know.

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: info

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing - too many of these strange incidents are being brushed under the carpet but they won't go away!

Something is up for sure - hope others report when they hear these things - I think many people brush it off because they don;t understand it and find it scary - You Know! when you've heard something abnormal.

S&f

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Has there been any shaking? Are the sounds coming from the sky and do they sound electric or like bombs going off under ground?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Some people think that there is a NO $**T Alien war going on right Above our heads/under our noses
and it may be heating up.

At this point I am not ruling ANYTHING out!!!

Obviously you are touching on a subject SOMEONE at the top doesn't want discussed here on ATS.
It is one thing to shut down a thread but quite another to do it and not even have the balls to tell you why.
I have seen this first hand several times.
You are not the only one my friend.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Dreamfox1 & Brokethewall,

Unlike fireworks which have the tendency to sound like sequential "pops", these sounded more like loud explosions and rumbling at times. Best way for me to describe them is they sounded like explosions from a distant rock quarry if anyone here has ever heard on before.
I'll try to give you guys a better explanation tomorrow and maybe ask a couple people I know to see if they heard anything similar...that is, if this thread is still here

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
[

edit on 2-10-2011 by FutureThinker because: deleted comments

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I heard it also down here in South Jersey. Exactly as you described.Sounded like bombs going off, but, yes, it did sound like it came from the sky...Just wanted to verify your story..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Holy $#!%! I live in CT (Fairfield County - close to they NY line) and around 10pm last night I heard explosions as a good 10-15 min consistently...I muted the TV and asked my girlfriend what she thought it was...she said it sounded like the bass coming from music...Constant BOOMS...it wasn't thunder...thunder doesn't constantly BOOM over and over and over for 10-15 minutes!!

What the bleep can this be??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There is a lot of dredge work going on right now on the shore lines because of hurricane irene and the beach erosion. I know in my town they are raising a bridge, so we have been having random explosions for about a year now. For everyone reporting these booms, do you live near the shore?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Things like this are happening so often lately. The location you are at makes me wonder if it is an earthquake sound.....I hope not, but since there has been activity recently, it could be.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Things like this are happening so often lately. The location you are at makes me wonder if it is an earthquake sound.....I hope not, but since there has been activity recently, it could be.

THAT is exactly what's making me believe that this is out of the ordinary. When people from several states away, hundreds of miles of distance, are also confirming these sounds at the same times.

Btw, some of the locations of the FB users I posted a screen shot of...Maryland, South Carolina, Tennessee, & Ohio.
edit on 10/2/2011 by Andre Neves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You should carry your camera with you all the time, and if anything starts again, try to record it. Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I live in Eastern PA, last night I heard a boat load of what sounded like fireworks. This isn't uncommon for me, I live very close to a Minor League Baseball Stadium - every weekend during Game Season they fire off fireworks for 20+ minutes and it's always a fun sight.

However last night there was no Baseball game, I confirmed this with their website and the obvious fact it's not baseball season anymore. I was in my living room, watching TV, started hearing it. Didnt even think twice about it until I saw this thread. I was out last night, and while it was a rainy night there was no storming, and there was no way the sounds I heard were the cracks of thunder I am used to hearing.

I don't know what the sounds are -- but I definitely did hear booms coming from the air last night. For about an hour. Around 8p - 10p (i dont remember the exact time I am sorry)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My wife and I heard the same thing last night... around 8-830pm. My first instinct was that it was thunder, of course ... but upon checking the local radar, there was only light rain -- shades light and dark green anywhere near us, not yellow and red commonly associated with thunder storms. The closest visible thunderstorms were over NE Pennsylvania ...which is way to far away from us to hear from there.

We live off of exit 138 on the parkway ... 25'ish miles SW of New York City, and 40'ish miles NW of the nearest shore point.

Also, this is not the first time we've heard these mysterious rumblings.

Cheers & S+F.

A

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If any of you have a Sony Camcorder, put in in night vision mode, and shoot the area that you hear the explosions coming from. Also, if you have an Infra Red Filter, use it as well. Post what you record.
Good luck.
Don't forget to use a tri-pod, or steadying the camera on something solid.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yes, I asked a question of where did ATS get their funding. I also happened upon an document telling me they are getting tons of money from an undisclosed investor....Illuminati??? That was shut down really quick and anywhere I post this info it is deleted...just like my response will soon be. Try talking about holographic planes...look up ATS on wikipedia....they do not allow talk of holographic planes because the Illuminati is planning a holographic deception and they work for the Illuminati. There will be someone that comes on and shows proof of threads to holographic planes....closely look at them....they all have 1, 2, or 3 flags at the most and there is only a handful and they seem to get shipped into oblivion.
edit on 2-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join