It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In terms of having a presence here, I'm not really a new member in that I've read ATS for years. I can remember checking this place out almost ten years ago, then going away, and coming back again. It's strange how life moves in odd directions.

I had a stable government job up until about a half year ago when I chose to leave it to pursue some political ambitions I had. As a registered independent here in the U.S., I gave my best effort to get people motivated to think differently, to move beyond the left and right wing labels, and found sadly so many people are so apathetic it didn't matter to them. Maybe the saddest thing is how so many people who have energy and who are in politics care about nothing so much as making sure their opponents don't win.

But I've given up politics on any personal level, and I'm writing full time these days. During the course of my campaigning, I ended up learning a ton about natural gas drilling and some of the real health hazards it poses to people who are in the area. Without getting into a huge debate about it, all I'll say is the biggest cause of the issues I observed and was told about was sloppy work by the companies, but it seems like corporate irresponsibility is the theme of the hour.

So anyway, I'm now a full-time writer, an avid reader, and someone who like many people here, believes the world is changing. I don't know the future, though I can say I dream much more since I stopped having to hit an alarm clock in the morning. I wasn't rich, but I'm learning to live poor and there is a difference. But it's good; it gives perspective, and I'm not complaining.

I've lurked forever and a day because I have traditionally enjoyed reading more than writing, and I like following some of the excellent stories members find. That said, without saying I have a reason for feeling this way other than intuition and just the chaos we see multiplying each day around the world, I feel like things are changing and ATS is as good a place as any to keep abreast of the world.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

I always get my news from ATS, and if you say ATS is a good place to get a lot of information, then you have come to the right place! Its crazy but I actually get my news quicker from this website compared to anywhere else and sometimes people ask me how I get the news so fast. It's amazing lol

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

Thanks for the thread and Welcome ( Officially ) I will keep this ( Opinion ) short and sweet. There is a changing world out there. It's change is the result of Right and or Wrong ( Good Evil ) and the score is changing as we speak.. I don't know what the final talley will be. But by way of suggestion let me say this. Let your heart and spirit keep your intellect in touch with changes..The rest is all smoke and mirrors

new topics

join