It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there still hope for a better world?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
Go ye therefore and teach all nations.

I have come to teach all nations my friend.

I chose ATS.

Why do you who come here find it so unworthy of what I do? I found this place worthy.

Why?

Because you are the WATCHERS!!!!!

You are the ones who know there is something going on behind the scenes, but what?
You are the ones who know we have lost our way. Which way should we turn?
You are the ones who question. What the # is going on here?

You I have chosen to come and be with and teach what I can and learn from when I can.

Yes, Muhamed made great change.
Yes, Budha made great change.
Yes, Jesus made great change.
Yes, Gandhi made great change.

They are all dead and gone.

YOU are here. The Great change is one we must make together.

How else can a poor wandering philosopher reach the world without claiming any glory for himself?

A journey of a thousand miles begin with one step. You are my first step. Each person I meet is a new journey which must begin again. I will take the time to walk with those who need comforting, and leave those who wish to walk it alone.

You are here, thus you do not wish to walk it alone.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 4-10-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

There are things to learn from a world gone awry, a false social reality built on delusion and duality, yes.

Until we are all walking hand in hand with God as the spirit of love and truth, there's much to be done, to bring our own being and doing into alignment with the will of God as the will to love.

In case you didn't notice, much about our human social sphere is completely devoid of this love and yet God seeks to make his home with us still.

Shall we continue, business as usual, or seek out something better by an infinite degree?

Acceptance, as a form of love, is very useful, up to a point, and then we need to take it to the next level.

I don't understand these advocates for the world as it is..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Here here! We have it in us. Personally I think that place within is by design, but that doen't matter, it's there.

And for all we know, the whole universe is cheering us on, and lamenting with us in the terrible struggles.

But it's still up to us, that's the beauty of it all. That special something called freedom.

There's still time, but the time sure is NOW, and now more than ever.

The qiuestion then arises, what shall we DO. Personally I think we need to trust in and obey a higher will to love, vbut whatever works.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by LeoVirgo

There are things to learn from a world gone awry, a false social reality built on delusion and duality, yes.

Until we are all walking hand in hand with God as the spirit of love and truth, there's much to be done, to bring our own being and doing into alignment with the will of God as the will to love.

In case you didn't notice, much about our human social sphere is completely devoid of this love and yet God seeks to make his home with us still.

Shall we continue, business as usual, or seek out something better by an infinite degree?

Acceptance, as a form of love, is very useful, up to a point, and then we need to take it to the next level.

I don't understand these advocates for the world as it is..

I dont think u can find anyone that will advocate for the world as it is, for every human being has their own idea of what would make it a better place-be it for their own self wants or for the world as a whole

God is not something separate from us...but yes, many are not aware that the spirit is within their very being and they would not exists without being filled with this spirit of life...but only in due time will each being become aware that they are something much more then just a human amongst other humans.

and something else...there will always be duality, in the life of flesh, it cant be no other way, its a cause and effect of what is infinite, coming into a expression of itself, this is what we call 'life'.

the biggest delusion...is that we are individuals, that we are separate from one another. the flesh of us seeks to keep that, seeks to hold onto the idea that we are separate selves...the soul of us which is spirit in a phase of 'being' seeks for harmony amongst itself which means it seeks harmony between all life, this harmony comes through us understanding our interconnectedness, that we are a unit, that only greater things can come as we stand united and not divided.

my point posting to you was you make it sound as if there has been some sort of error...that things have not happened according to the intended design...and i have to highly disagree with that, in my personal opinion.

welcome any thoughts you have and wish you all the best
lv

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by hawkiye

Here here! We have it in us. Personally I think that place within is by design, but that doen't matter, it's there.

And for all we know, the whole universe is cheering us on, and lamenting with us in the terrible struggles.

But it's still up to us, that's the beauty of it all. That special something called freedom.

There's still time, but the time sure is NOW, and now more than ever.

The qiuestion then arises, what shall we DO. Personally I think we need to trust in and obey a higher will to love, vbut whatever works.

One of the hardest things for those of us looking forward to this is it can't happen fast enough. Time will not run out for us. If it doesn't happen this time around there is always next time. Human evolution has been very slow and methodical most of the time. We are at the beginning of a turning point definitely. More and more are waking up however most of humanity is still polarized in the emotional but we are transitioning to the mental.

Eventually a group will get together and set an example build a shinning city on a hill so to speak for all to see and prove it can be done. Then we will see a more rapid transformation of the earth. That first break out group is always the hardest. Then when others see what can be done it will spread. In the mean time we must be patient it is all part of the cycles of man and we are slowly making progress. What we can do is always seek to follow the highest we know. Every so often in the cycles we make a big leap forward however most of the time it is slow progress over many generations.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I like the fact that you wish to find out what you need to "DO".

I also like the fact that you are interested in serving a "higher" good.

Nevertheless, making choices and putting the pedal to the metal is a difficult thing to do. From a theoretical perspective we can talk about conceptualizations of "bad", "good", "great" and discuss for ever, without ever having to realize any physical outcome. For instance, just talking about "big" versus "small", the advantages and disadvantages - without ever having to build anything or refer to any particular situation that pertains to physically realizing a goal - This could go on forever.

So, in building "a" system (where we might have conceived of a million such possibilities), we have to make choices. (The alter ego for making choices is discrimination or judgement). There comes a point in time when you have to distinguish between what you feel is good and what you feel is bad - when you implement something.

I will be back with more.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Such a well written and thoughtful post, OP. What the Bible seems to tell us is these times have been created as a test, where any choice we make, confounds us with it's repercussions, because such is evil, and this if for us to be able to discern what that is and how even good people can become that in trying to label and fight against what that is. A test ......

And God made all this, the evil and the good..... I do not seek to preach, for I do not know either, and am constantly confounded in my own circumstances, no matter what I do or do not do....

The word says we will not be judged, either, by our acts, meaning the ones of us who strive to do what we think is right are no better off than the ones who just don't care....

I believe we are slaves to the circumstance, whether it be suffering or pleasure.... It has become difficult to perceive and discern, even, what is REAL, what has truly happened and hasn't, and how our fellow earthly inhabitants are motivated..... All we can do now, I think, is hold onto what each of us deep down, knows inside ourselves we really are, not how something or someone else defines us, and wait, patiently and lovingly for our deliverance. And how much more shall I love them that waited for me....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Jesus Christ is alive. He lives in me, more and more.

Just wanted to clarify. He is not dead and gone, but is the eternal evolutionary principal of resurrection and of life meeting life. You are mistaken.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Tetra50:
With regards to your comments, I feel bad that there is a lot of misinformation/lack of understanding about how things work in this world. I feel saddened when I hear comments like the ones you've posted.

I personally do not believe in the idea that we have to be slaves to circumstance. I believe that it is important not to lose faith in the idea that while what others teach us has the power to deride, there is simultaneously the possibility that there are those in this world who are interested in your best interests who have much to teach to help build people up. In my humble opinion it is still important to believe in the power of the collective human spirit.

I do however concede that perhaps a majority of people of this world have not considered the facts necessary to come to conclusions that would lead them away from being slaves to circumstance.

More comments to come.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sensibleSenseless

We need to become slaves instead to the will to love, and be freed and liberated there, in that submisson to the highest thing, the highest principal and ideal.

Then, as a first cause, all circumstances, means nothing by comparison, and will begin to work outwardly in new and creative directions, as they arise from the first cause, the first principal of love and freedom.

People must not be motivated by fear and fear cannot be a lasting organizing principal for human civilized progress. That much is very clear.

Fearless then, from a new domain of freedom and love, let us laugh out loud at circumstance, look forward boldly, and begin plowing a new field..!

It's up to you and me. We're it, for the time being. Yes we've all made mistakes based on our own ignorance, and that material can serve as well, as a model of what not to be and what not to do, but only up to a point. At some stage, we must pick up our own crosses, lightly, and lead. What other option is there?!

Humorous is the creative man.

We must cultivate, witihn ourselves and our fellow man, the humor of true understanding and gnosis (knowledge).

Nothing less will do. (and I mean that to be taken lightly, playfully).

edit on 8-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hi guys, Nam,

Not sure what you mean by gnosis. I meditate myself, and while I think that that is important - yet I don't think everyone is in a position to learn it - and many in the various faiths are not open-minded enough to practice it, since they are of the opinion that their responsibility begins and ends with what is written in officially accepted scripture.

Then there is the more important factor of leadership. Leadership doesn't automatically come through meditant abilities. Neither does leadership abilities arrive overnight for anyone. (by leadership abilities, I mean the ability to lead other people - as opposed to technical leadership ie excelling in a particular field of endeavour).

If you wish to have a better world, you have to consider whether you are looking to change the one you are currently in, or whether you are looking to create a new one altogether.

Changing the current world we live in is not likely - because TPTB are already set in their ways - and we have very little control over that.

On the other hand if you are thinking of starting a new world from within which to live in, you have to consider what you are trying to change of the current one to begin with. Then you can set out ground work on the new one. Keep in mind what resources you are starting out with from both a human and investment perspective. Then decide what is practical given the resources you have. One must also keep in mind the threats that exist to any such endeavour, in a time of trouble - as there is likely to be trouble in the system we are currently in, courtesy of TPTB.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hello, after lurking for many months I just joined the forum to participate in this thread. I completely agree with the OP in regards to the "living in two worlds" idea....and began writing about this myself last night in my journal. I believe that the media/entertainment industry--at some point--realized how much influence they had on the population, and eventually entertainment became a distraction from reality.
Instead of "art imitating life" (movies, tv shows, etc.), now life is imitating art. Everyone is SO influenced by what they SEE on tv screens (movie screens, computer monitors) that they are copying what they see. eg: trying to look like celebrities/characters.....acting/behaving like celebrities/characters....overspending to live the lifestyle, etc.
Living a life according to tv/media takes peoples' focus away from survival issues (finding food, seeking shelter), global issues (pollution, well-being of the earth itself), health issues....you get the idea. There are still people living in what we call "third world countries" who don't have our technology and are living off the land, co-existing with Nature and NOT spending their time trying to be somebody else.
We follow trends.....fashion, diet, religious/spiritual.....and let other people tell us what is necessary to be cool/popular, etc.
Without wanting to sound like I have all the answers lol, I do believe that a lot of people are starting to stick their heads up above the latest Hollywood scandal to notice that we have a lot of REAL issues that need addressing, and soon. Thank you for starting a conversation about a topic that has been on my mind a lot lately!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join