It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there still hope for a better world?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You're right, but it's very hard not to get anxious or impatient. It's a vacuum, a complete failure for the most part. Something new is yes, desperately needed, don't you think?

Can a mod please move this thread into a non-financial related forum? I just saw "Global Meltdown" and thought it would be the perfect place.

Then again, patience... and acceptance, yes. Therefore, I will wait and let whatever will be, be.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Let this be a lesson to you my friend.

The Son of Man cannot save the world.

Only the father, which is Greater.

With Love,

Your Brother

We must be willing participants however, if the father wishes to upgrade the human infrastructure through which the spirit of truth and love moves, and as a historically formative dynamic, and as an evolutionary process of love nurturing growth according to the Golden Rule.

Perhaps we all just need more education in the area of uneccessary suffering... ..

If the first principal of the first father is love and freedom, then by God we've got our work cut out for us.

From that POV, the more screwed up the world of humanity, the greater the opportunity to enact positive change for the better, from our own sphere of influence, however great or small.

Like drops of water in a waterfall, someone needs to go first in order for us all to go together and can we really leave the whole mass of humanity behind?

Let's get this party started! That's my sentiment.

Then, whatever flow the father has in mind, will be given a path into and through which to flow.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
We must be willing participants however, if the father wishes to upgrade the human infrastructure through which the spirit of truth and love moves, and as a historically formative dynamic, and as an evolutionary process of love nurturing growth according to the Golden Rule.

Perhaps we all just need more education in the area of uneccessary suffering... ..

How much suffering does the world need? How much do YOU need before you say It is finished?

Something to think on deeply.

To those who ARE suffering, I have come to releave it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but did you just try to make of me, a devil, and yourself, the Christ?

That's pretty funny! Or sad, not sure which.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but did you just try to make of me, a devil, and yourself, the Christ?

That's pretty funny! Or sad, not sure which.

You said these things, not I.

I merely asked how much suffering do you need to see before you stand up and say "I AM HE!".

If you do not have it in you, then it is not your burden to bear.

Go your way, and I will go mine. No judgement involved.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"WE ARE HE" and by that I do not mean simply you and I, double I AM.

Indeed he's at the door, so to speak. I am simply advocating letting him in, as the spirit of truth and love, not just with me, and you, not particularized, but by others as well, with me, with us, like those first drops in the waterfall.

We are saying the same thing, I'm just a little more childlike and playful about it, because I know there's a joke in it somewhere, a loving joke, capable of wiping the tears from our eyes and giving us new eyes with which to see, and a new heart to love, as we are loved.

I have no need to proclaim anything of or for myself only. After all "if I seek only my own glory, then that is no glory at all". It's true. We're all in this together, and the first trick I think, the first task, is yes, to be authentic and true to ourselves as we are, but without the need to "Lord" it over on anyone, because if we lose our mith and humor, our love is also lost. We cannot take ourselves too seriously, while taking the whole much more seriously, as a starting position.

I appreciate your argument and I don't mean argument in the usual sense, but as a position, a rock. You are saying "thou art that", and why not, how can it be any other way, we are "it" and this is "IT" since there's never any time but the present.

I cannot point to myself however, that's absurd, to me, since I cannot possibly know who I am. It's better as an unknown anyway, a mystery. That's what we are, an eternal mystery worth exploring, through a conversation, and a process of mutual exploration, understanding and appreciation.

When we see face to face, and cannot laugh and love, and play, then we're ah, not in a good place.

It's a WE thing. Not a >me< thing. It's both not the least bit personal and highly personal and intimate both at the same time.

Koinonia - intimate mutual participative sharing, of brotherly love.

Love,

Your Brother also.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

My friend, you and I are on the same page. We are in agreement.

However, there is this thing called prophecy. I prefer to call it "obstacles man erects in front of himself to prove God", but none the less the powerful have them.

It must be fulfilled.

Can you do it?

I can.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The Lord causes all calamity and blessings.

As for calamity, it's humans that are their own worst enemy.
. . . just saying the obvious

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I merely asked how much suffering do you need to see before you stand up and say "I AM HE!".

2.bp.blogspot.com...

you asked.

P.S. Mine is the right hand pointing up, not the left hand, cropped out in that photo. And the knowing smile on the lips. That's me.

edit on 2-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Neither of us can do it alone. No man is an island unto himself, and yet each is a nation. We are powerful, sure, but we all need one another. The higher always and forever reaches down to raise up what is lowly to increasingly higher heights. We need to look up with hopeful hearts, and willingly recieve whatever God has in store. it's hard work though, sommoning the bravery to receive a gift that we did nothing to earn or deserve, and reap a harvest we did not work for... but it's FUN!

The problems of this world represent an opportunity, which is no longer as unsurmountable or overwhelming, if people everywhere simply start manning the nets for the catch of all ages.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

As long as there is a single , living, self aware being on this planet, yes, there is hope.

Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That's what I call faith in the human heart as a domain of limitless possibility!

I call this "the seed of love".

It's hopeful, only because it knows it's own true nature.

That's my thinking, that only hope and faith are reasonable, no matter how unreasonable they may seem perhaps even because of that.

Nothing else seems to represent a rational response to the difficulties and challenges and the sufferings of the world.

And who can say, in their innermost being where this hope lives - all is lost! That's absurd, and humorous!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I am here, but I'm waiting for everyone else to show up.

Luv ya'll,

Rob (regular guy) Rice, aka NAM.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's like a great net of love, with everyone working together, calling out to one another, excited - the catch of all ages filling our net to the full.

The relativity of human being, it's a family framework.

Welcome home.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Who says we need a better world? How could I experience Jesus' love in a perfect world... In a better world I would have less need of his love and I would miss that. I like the world the way it is. It's exciting.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

I'm just advocating for more of that love, that's all. Believe me, we'd notice the difference and it would be awesome. The earth in fact is surely destined to become a focal point of that love, and is already, we just need to wake up to the real world, the one that's already here.

Let me clarify, by world in the OP, I meant the fake one, which must soon pass away, because it is already dead and dying, like the crumbling bones of a dead civilization.

Let us turn away from it, and look with hopeful hearts and bright optimism, towards a better future for one and all.

Let the darkness and the mental illness, and the reality distortions of a hypnotic mainstream media and advertising - let it become just the background noise of an unreal distraction.

Listen to the birds proclaim with happy glee the glory of God. They know. What's wrong then with us? Surely we too can appreciate the magnificence and the beauty all around, isn't that our true nature, our destiny?

There is good news then contained imbedded in all the bad news, and it's the news of a new/old reality coming into view, one which raises the heart, and brings a smile to the face of a child for no reason.

I think we ought to always be preparing ourselves to recieve something which by it's very nature cannot come by expectation, so as to be both ready for it, when it makes its appearance, and to help facilitate it's movement and its re-entry into this sphere of life we call home.

Hope. Love.

They say they never die, but sometimes they do look like fluttering candles in the wind - let us protect them dearly, and build them up, together, there is no one to blame.

Acceptance is good, up to a point.

Expectation and anticipation - where did that go?

It doesn't mean we can't already accept what is, to look forward to what ought to be and will be. In my mind that's what makes life fun, the creating of something novel, and the use of something borrowed something blue for a bride's wedding dress.

We cannot keep going on as we were, as we have been, it's just not workable. And me, as a Christian, I cannot fully celebrate the love of God, unless I can see and feel the spirit moving, as it moves me.

I think God is willing, and so we also need to be willing, because until the hearts of men change, kingdoms will not change.

edit on 3-10-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
Who says we need a better world? How could I experience Jesus' love in a perfect world... In a better world I would have less need of his love and I would miss that. I like the world the way it is. It's exciting.

Define exciting. Does it involve children starving to death then having maggots swarm out their rectum? You know what they say... It's all about location, location, location.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think we need to become like highly skilled and very curious miners, cutting through all the layers of conditioned thought, both within ourselves and the social matrix of which we are a part in search of the buried treasure, until at last finding it, again, we can stake our claim on it, and produce a reality map by which it cannot be lost again, to this or any other generation. That's what all the ancient wisdom literature was for, but because of institutionalized religion, people have turned away from it as a valid frame of reference. Nevertheless, the same wisdom, the same treasure is buried in the strata of the human being, even still to this day. Let's unearth it! After all, it's our very birthright and inheritance as children of a loving God, prepared for us from the beginning to the very end. How can we NOT find it?

The 20th century was the "Century of the Self".

Let this one be the "Century of the Human Being", but I'm not merely advocating a Secular Humanism here, which falls apart in time of crisis and competing self interests, but an enlightened mutual best interest capable of informing a newfound Civility which may be defined as: Consciously motivated, and inspired, individual and organizational behavior, that is ethical in submission to a higher power first principal of love and freedom.

We live in both an old world passing away - and a new one just waiting to be born anew.

And the point of demarcation, the distinction resides precisely in the innermost heart's awareness and knowledge of love and hope and faith as the hope in better things as yet unseen.

Once leveraged, the rock that encloses the tomb will roll away by the force of gravity.

Then all we need is the courage to come out into the light of reality, and walk the world as we were intended, freed for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are first loved.

We'll get this - we will find the treasure we seek, and many many are searching, and some finding. This is good news.

I'm very optimistic myself.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Could have been a post by an atheist troll just having us on..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join