It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Causes of the 2nd American Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I thought I would take a stab at some "future history", so I looked up the wikipedia article on the French Revolution and tweaked it a bit (original article here en.wikipedia.org...)

Causes of the 2nd American Revolution

Although the United States in 2012 faced economic difficulties, mostly concerned with taxation, defict spending, and unemployment, it was widely considered the richest and most powerful nation on the planet. The American people also enjoyed more political freedom and lower incidence of arbitrary punishment than any other country on the planet. However, the US President, the US Congress, and the widespread Corporate Executive population had become immensely unpopular. This was a consequence of the fact that the middle and lower classes were burdened with a ruinously high cost of goods and services used to support wealthy aristocrats and their sumptuous, often gluttenous lifestlyes combined with a plumetting job market.

In summary, a number of factors led to the outbreak of the 2nd American Revolution. Deep structural causes combined with factors peculiar to the period. Revolution was not due to a single event but a series of events that, together, irreversibly changed the organization of political power, the nature of society, and the exercise of individual freedoms.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I thing that you're on to something here. I've thought that this was coming for some time now. Now you give the reasons and It resembles the french revolution. Did I read that right?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Nice start! Love the thread!

But the arbitrary punishment bit is off. We have more people in prison per capita than any other country. Wiki.

cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
no need for a revolution with elected officials

just vote them out

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
no need for a revolution with elected officials

just vote them out

pardon my cynicism, but until we get people past the "it's every other congress person's fault except the one I voted in" attitude, voting is meaningless. With approval ratings in the dumpster continuously, why do we not have a swath of freshmen congress people across the board?

Our current voting system is a joke that only puts people into office that have the money and power to buy the position.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

... And replace them with who, exactly?!

Frankly, I wish there WAS a way to vote them out in a literal sense. That is, make it so nobody held a senate seat for awhile. I think we should have to vote whether there even IS a congress for a period of time.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
They are the bringers of empty promises.
Its not just about america anymore i don't think. This has spread. And will continue to do so. Its about the destruction of our planet.

We should all know about haliburton right? private military? They spend money on building their infrastructure in other countries, and enslave already poor nations to more debt.

Stopping the corporate corrution, Will bring about a new age of peace. Because it ALL extends from that. Everything for the most part.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
my point was the french were overthrowing a monarchy. there is no need to do that here.

unless we are talking about changing the entire finance system, political system and constitution in a week

this is like the occupy wall street thing

exactly what are you trying to accomplish and how ?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
exactly what are you trying to accomplish and how ?

Just a bit of creative writing to illustrate similarities between now and then and a possible future timeline. What people do with that information is up to them.
edit on 10-2-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join