It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Meltzer's Decoded Marathon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Brad Meltzer's Decoded marathon is on History right now for all that are interested. Enjoy....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I love this show, but they need better field experts. They got busted within 2 min of trying to get into Bohemian Grove. Just sad.
I'm currently watching the Georgia Guidestone episode. I've seen them all, but there's nothing else on til SNL, so...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yeah it made me laugh when Brad said "Ted Turner is the greatest man ever!" haha....so strange.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
That was probably in reference to the Georgia Guidestone. It was commissioned by Ted Turner and placed on land bought through his company.

Personally, I can't stand the show. I watched a few episodes and was done. Brad Meltzer is a terrible researcher. And his "team" is useless. The show is pretty much a big waste of time.

Take the episode they did on John Wilkes Booth, for example. The whole point of the show was that they were trying to find proof that Booth had faked his death. But rather than look at the facts, they just went with it.

For example, they did not take into consideration that several people identified the body. Including his dentist who recognized the dental work he had done to Booth shortly before he assassinated Lincoln.

Or those who recognized the tattoo of Booth's initials on one of Booth's hands.

He further ignores that Booth's mother and brother positively identified the body a couple years later when Booth's coffin was exhumed to be moved.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Double Post.
edit on 2-10-2011 by allenidaho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This show compels me to watch, but I find it odd and slightly irritating that at the end of every episode (except the BG one, to a point), the conclusion is that there is absolutely no conspiracy. How can they say that (especially the BG one), when they so rarely get into the places they are investigating or find the pieces they are looking for?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I want to know why Buddy always has his shirt out and Scott has his tucked in???? now that my friends should be a episode of Decoded.....

Couple good episodes on lately Mount Rushmore and Patten good stuff.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I watched the first episode of this show, and I'm honestly surprised that more people aren't seeing what I can see. Maybe it's because it's been so long since I watched any hypno-tv, but the entire first episode was obviously a complete fabrication.

The hand thing? Especially in the final shot where he's filmed from below, that's a standard hypnotic device he uses the whole way through. If you watch the episode, the scene changes from him giving you the commanding hand to a nice friendly montage, and just after the switch, the dialogue begins "I believe..."

The "experts" are clearly actors playing 2 dimensional "I'm an attorney, so I look for evidence" characters, and the whole thing smacked of being a masonic production designed to make people laugh at anyone who thinks masons are evil. The very staged scene with them all relaxing and quite obviously reciting lines instead of real casual conversation had all the realism of a primary school play.

It's hypno tv, plain and simple. If you watch the show and find you agree with it, congratulations, you've been hypnotised. Bark like a dog for me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

I guess you haven't seen the episode that was on two weeks ago about the Vatican where they imply that either the Freemason's or the Mafia might have had a hand in the death of Pope John Paul the first, the episode didn't paint the Mason's in that good of a light.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

I have now, and I'm not surprised to say it was more of the same. The same hypnotic anchoring with hand gestures, eye contact, walking from left to right. Watch a few of Obama's speeches and you'll see similar stuff there.

One thing I was waiting for all the way through and didn't get. The murdered pope was killed on the 33rd day of his term, and they were trying to link the freemasons to it, and they didn't mention the importance of 33 to masons. One of the "experts" uses the phrase "it ain't on the square" near the end. "On the square" is a masonic term, a code to denote whether or not a person is a mason.

Then, in Brad's closing benediction, with all the expected hand anchoring, he tells us Governments and the church don't lie, it's individual people who lie.

If you have eyes to see, you'll see this show as an expertly made piece of televisual Programming, with a bit of blatant bragging on the side, just like the first episode. For the rest of you, look into my eyes, you're getting veeeery sleepy.
edit on 10-1-2012 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

When the "gang" from decoded get together it is fun watching the art direction of the dramitic pauses the shocked stairs between Buddy and McKinley are indeed funny but they at least bring up some discussion on things contrived obviously but it can be interesting.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I said it was hypno-tv, I didn't say it wasn't interesting.

Another interesting thing is how powerful television is, and the effect it can have on it's viewers. Rather than dismissing something because you can't see it, read up on it a bit and then give me a more considered opinion.

top topics

join