It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First cold snap of the season - US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I do not need to tell any of the ATS members who live in the East and Central part of the United States that yesterday and today is just the first taste of our autumn and winter season. A cold front moved down through Florida even where I live and the temperatures are right now at 56°F as I type this with the low forecast tonight to be 45-49°F not to mention the wind chill which accompanies it with winds gusting to 17mph. Sure I know 40s and 50s are nothing to most Americans but for us here in Florida it is a surprise for this to occur so early especially considering that Friday’s high was 92°F and the night before did not drop below 74°F.

The front as of yet has not reached the eastern seaboard so Boston, New York, and Atlantic City are still pretty warm but if you live in Jacksonville, New Orleans, Memphis, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Atlanta, or Buffalo you know how the weather has changed.

Most people hate the cold weather and will say “not already!” but as for me I love the cold, temperatures below 60°F is what I enjoy. How about you, what is your take on the first cold snap of the fall season?

Current temperatures
Forecasts
Article

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thank you ATS weather man. I live in NC and yes its pretty chilly right now. At least the heat form mining bitcoins will be useful.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm also enjoying it. It brings back good memories.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Get ready for more. If anyone thinks last winter was bad, just wait till you see what hits us this winter.

Lots more explaining for Al Gore to do about how these nasty winters that are getting worse are due to "Globull warming".

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Get ready for more. If anyone thinks last winter was bad, just wait till you see what hits us this winter.

Lots more explaining for Al Gore to do about how these nasty winters that are getting worse are due to "Globull warming".

I can't wait! I love the winter, mostly I just walk around in shorts and boots anyways.It's 40 or 50 degrees.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I’m always enamored by this time of year. Chilled breezes blowing over dried leaves, the smell of cider, sapphire skies, and the smell of wood smoke. This is my Heaven, my Elysium, and my Valhalla. The weather today has boosted my morale tenfold. Easily.

reply to post by expat2368

Why doesn't anyone understand the connection between Global Warming and Ice Ages? I'm not saying Al Gore isn't some capitalist who looking to line his pockets by fear mongering on the subject of global warming, but the truth remains; the solar system is heating up, which will ultimately lead to the rise of another cold period for the earth.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah were on the downward spiral toward winter. we've already been below freezing here in MN this fall. the days have been rather warm though. The nights on the other hand are definitely a precursor to what were in for in less than a month. Another wonderful summer comes to a close here.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's gptten cold quickly. At least is seems to me to be that way. But, then again, I've seen snow here in Kentucky on Halloween, and have sat shirtless on the prorch handing out candies to kids on Halloween.
This cold snap right now means that I need to get my sweet German red garlic into the ground for next year and just might have to harvest my horseradish soon.

I've seen snow on September 14 here, and sweated it out on the same date the next year.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Kentucky here...

It didnt get above 47 degrees Fahrenheit here

But this aint the first cold spell we have had here...
although this one is the coldest one to date

I actually noticed snow here around a month ago, etc
Took a lot of ridicule for it...
Here

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
in vegas and my air conditioner is still running. it's supposed to drop to the 70's in a couple days, I hope so, cause my electric bills are horrendous.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My ceiling fan broke before this summer came around and I haven't been able to get it fixed still. It's been a brutal summer here in California. I look forward to not waking up in a puddle of sweat every morning! Still loving the air conditioning right now at 10 PM. If you don't want your cold I'll gladly take it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually the one month and three month outlooks show above average temps for a good portion of the country. Although im sitting at 41 right now in northern indiana, with an expected low of 33 tonight. Next week it should rebound back to the 70's though for the next two weeks.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am in North Carolina right now and it is very chilly! I just curled up with a cup of cider myself. This is my favorite time of year, but it is unusually cold for early October!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am in FL as well, it is a bit chilly tonight, gotta love it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Good stuff OP, and yes, Im here from the boonies in new jersey. I took the dog out today to the park, had a get togather at my parents house, and even met me sisters fiancee today.. Had tempatures up around 80 or so, and I got home around 6.. turned the AC on max.. and around 8 I went out side to smoke... and it was down in the 60's.. i sware it felt cooler outside.. then inside.. with the AC on max. Needless to say the windows are staying open tonight

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I'm also in NC.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
VA checking in, here in Ashburn its currently 45 F with a nasty cold rain thats been coming down for the past few hours. Had to adjust the wardrobe for the drive to work so I didn't freeze since I like to keep the window down, as long as the snow holds off for a few more months I'll be ok with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Southern Illinois is pretty chilly - i use an antique cylinder stove (1912) for heat and can't wait to fire it up again. Although, i hate cold weather, i love choppin' and splittin' wood and the work that goes into heating my house.
Blankets, quilts, the one you love, wood stoves and big dogs make fall and winter chills romantic.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

The solar system isn't heating up.That is the most absurd theory that keeps getting put out there and it won't die.
There is absolutely no evidence that the solar system is heating up.

I love that teh WHOLE solar system is heating up, but it just couldn't be just one planet.

And you are so desperate to pop the GW theory that you list multiple reasons, any reasons you can grasp at, to oppose it. It is ice ages, it is a heating solar system, it is reptilians pumping our air full of gases.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Here in Toronto it feels like we are in a middle of winter the temp is 3 C

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join