It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate ATS lately, anyone else?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As with any board and growth...it isn't that the same number of quality threads isn't there, it's that there is more to wade through.... It's just net evolution.

The cure....

BECOME a quality thread poster.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I dont HATE ats I furvently dislike those that abuse the ability to be on this site. I spend a good amount of time in their chat and so I dislike when people abuse that ability to converse with like minded people its annoying. want with all this OCCUPY things thats getting beyond the annoyance factor I say a thread labeled OCCUPY nibiru wth? are you kidding me? it wasn't like a rant it would have been hilarious if it was a rant.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
ATS is more and more a real-life parody of the entire alternative topics and conspiracy theorists.

Doubting the official truth is one thing but basing those claims on some theory created by writer himself, some shady website or little or no evidence whatsoever is only undermining your own credibility. It is very hard to take any info seriously that is posted originally on some site e.g. "ufo-alien-info-research.com" instead of e.g well-known and respected news sites.

Why the respected media resources do not run much stories on controversial topics is not due great conspiracy surrounding the entire mass media - it is simply due there is absolutely nothing backing up the claims, so they cannot be published as such.

I used also love reading ATS, but when I now come to the site it feels embarrassing read and I would not use it for reference to any real-world discussion. Currently I see many downright stupid discussion pieces like "Is there a troll in my house", "My stories of alien abductions" and "John Travolta was a time traveler".

I would really like if there would be forum where alternative topics could be discussed in civilized, educated and skeptic yet curious approach.

In practice this would mean e.g. that if someone posts a picture of supposed elf, the first reaction by community would be vigorously excluding all the other possibilities before even considering the remote option that what is in the picture is actually an real elf - captured on photo for the first time in human history.

Currently there is one single thread that I can take somewhat seriously: the thread on topics which hit the news but were soon forgotten.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

In practice this would mean e.g. that if someone posts a picture of supposed elf, the first reaction by community would be vigorously excluding all the other possibilities before even considering the remote option that what is in the picture is actually an real elf - captured on photo for the first time in human history.

You doubt this would happen here? Go ahead, try it, and I think you'd see you'd get the exact desired result.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The cure....

I agree. When people make threads about a lack of good threads I wonder why they don't just create some quality threads themselves instead of just making threads complaining about said lack of. Doesn't make sense does it?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
have a little break for a while...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've only been a member of ATS since November 2010 and have especially in the last 4-6 months that the quality of this site has gone down drasticly. It seems every other article is proclaiming the end of the world or marshal law or some comet or other that is going to hit earth. What happend to the threads where people actually took the time anf effort to research a a topic and present it decently for good wholesome discussion. Also where as when there was a disagreement on a topic parties involved tactfuly and respectfully argued their point. Recently it seems that most opt to childish namecalling rather than argue the issue at hand.

The MODs are doing the best they can to keep the integrity of this site up but they can do only so much since they are the minority on here. If we want this site to improve it has to be up to the members who still remember how it used to be to take action. We must refrain from commentiong on the stupid and pointless articles. Also by not engaging the ignorant amongst us in their chldish games of namecalling because we disagree with their point of view. We must do what we can to silence the ignorant and let the ones with respect begin to reign once agian. Now how do we get rid of all the crap articles about comets and and SHTF articles??? simple. Kill them with silence. We must not waste our time commenting them and instead focus on the more important topics that are well put togather. WE CAN DO THIS if we want to and are willing to put forth the effort. LETS DO THIS..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
As with any board and growth...it isn't that the same number of quality threads isn't there, it's that there is more to wade through.... It's just net evolution.

The cure....

I normally don't give mods stars (they have so many) but i gave you one for that quote.
Of course, not everyone is a born writer..myself included.
We do what we can.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is plenty of good stuff here, plenty of good people. Like Gazrok said above, there may be more garbage to wade through, but even if so, personally, I'm having a blast on ATS!

My mom used to say, "if you are bored, its because you are being boring." Solution: Stop being boring.

"Be the change you want to see," if you will permit the cliche...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisaintnokansas

I agree with you, up to a point.
Firstly, ATS is an ideal sounding-board for theories & ideas, not just conspiracies.
I love a good scandal (don't we all?) and sometimes you know in your mind it's probably BS but you read it anyway...
Secondly, i have read actual 'breaking news' threads here 10 HOURS before they hit the MSM.
AND; The MSM first understated, then overstated, and finally got to the facts of the event some 24 hours after the ATS thread, which turned out to be terribly accurate, thanks to some dedication from the members.
I think all new members should FIRST read the 'manners & decorum' and then be allowed to post under close scrutiny from the mods.
Mods are the 'police' on ATS. Now i hate the cops, just as i hate any authority figure, rebel that i am

But in any society you need cops, & most of them are good, honest people who recognise their role in serving the public.The cops in real life are mostly tools of the state now, even if they don't know it yet.
However, the mods on ATS have a clear role, they can edit or ban abusive, or socially unacceptable comments, advertising, trolling etc.
Good for them!
Without moderators, this place would get like YooToob, with every neanderthal inane comment clogging up the servers. I'm no angel, i went off-topic & it was deleted (i thought it was funny enough to stay) but i went with the mod's decision.
That's my take on it & i'm out of this thread.
Oh, and one thing i have learned: Read ALL the posts before you post something (or at least the first 10 pages)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It is because idiocy is rampant around here these days.

It seem hyperbolic language and propensities towards name calling and hissy fits are also up.

Immaturity and paranoia (though the latter should be be expected to a degree considering the nature of the sight) are ubiquitous as well.

For instance, I'm sick of people being called shills, disinfo agents or sheeple whenever they want to have a discussion about physics or philosophy that doesn't have to do with the greys or the matrix!

Serious scientific and philosophical discussions are often detracted by purveyors of pseudoscience, and sorry to say it, sometimes those with a blatant mental defect (come on, there are no crazy people around here

I still like to check the site out, but to be honest most threads I read aren't much more than entertainment.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join