It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet shaped firecloud frightens residents in Arges, Romania. NASA: Possible trace of Elenin comet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.sott.net...

Witnessing for the first time such a phenomenon, the villagers prayed not to come the end of the world.

Leresti residents were scared to death when they saw the huge reddish cloud in the sky. They all looked at it for about half an hour.

Many reports claimed recently that comet Elenin C2010/X1 will reach its closest approach to Earth on October 16, 2011.

NASA suspected that the photograph of the stunning blazing cloud might feature a trace related to Elenin comet which aligned with Earth and Sun the previous days.

Silly me I thought Elenin was gone?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ridiculous. It's just a neat looking cloud. I can say NASA says something too... without a link or direct quote it doesn't mean anything though.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Good Source!

S&F!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
How in any way could this be tied to Elenin? I'm completely lost on this one, it's like comparing apples and orangutans.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Comet connection ? hardly
Whats on the other side of that hill making that cloud, thats what i would be asking

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Looks to me that its getting its reddish Hue from the sunset behind it. Never the less its a rare sight catching a cloud formation like this. Nothing out of the ordinary here, Move along.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty much of the opinion that by now, ANY thread invoking comet Elenin in any way other than a normal comet, should be moved to HOAX and the user banned for a few days.

There really is no excuse to continue this farce.

It wont happen of course. The ATS management have shown no signs of wishing to stop this rubbish, and are in fact probably rubbing their hands in $$$ glee $$$ at the extra advertising $$$ dollars $$$ this creates with extra user activity.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
How in any way could this be tied to Elenin? I'm completely lost on this one, it's like comparing apples and orangutans.
It seems to me that if this cloud was suspected of containing traces of an other than earth substance (Elenln offings) People would have seen/photographed some sort of official aircraft(s) flying through it gathering samples and taking readings (readings: a science word used by scientists doing science stuff). May be they are "cloaked"

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Looks like a partial lenticular cloud with a sunset behind it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I like how it looks like a red six.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I want to share these pictures from yesterday evening here in Southern California... sunset was absolutely amazing, I've never seen anything like this before. Borrowing these pictures from a friend's Facebook. The picture on this article reminded me because of the colors of the clouds.

I don't know how I feel about the Elenin relation, but I definitely think red clouds are pretty cool to see! I don't feel any sense of fear from the photo of the "fire cloud" in the article.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

I totally agree with you.
The 'tail' is simply wind shear.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The stupid TV channel also speculates it could be some left overs from ELENIN however, I also agree it is very irrational to associate one cloud with a comet. If I want wild speculations I would rather think about an UFO masked by that cloud haha

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

NASA suspected that the photograph of the stunning blazing cloud might feature a trace related to Elenin comet which aligned with Earth and Sun the previous days.

Lol, NASA did NOT speculate it was related to Elenin at all.
It's a punch hole cloud. Not a mystery.

What a load of BS.
edit on 2-10-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join