It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity beginning to not make sense.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorry but i can't overlook the aggressiveness towards me...i think you have much to learn.
And taking my words out of context?
How witty if i may say,but actually i was talking how we should do something together because on our own we can't do much.
I truly believe Jesus was the son of God,and i don't think i am worth the comparison...

But in all my humbleness i would do as much as i can for another living being,but there is a problem...you see if you give something to people who are responsible for taking care of the less fortunate it often doesn't get to the less fortunate.

I give my love to every living being,whom i make physical contact or not,but i can't go to africa to help people,neither i can help them in my own town since i don't have a lot,and we live in times when you have to be wealthy and well known to actually do something.
And there is a paradox...if you want wealth and fortune on the way you lose part of yourself,and then everything revolves about materialism from that point....

It is just how it goes,greed gives you money but takes the love away,and if you have love,you can't get wealthy because you share,and because you have to dehumanize yourself to be a slave owner;and that is what corporations and bosses are

modern day slave owners.

Man i wish only good for you and every each of us...and yes...even my "enemy"

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

At least i can do is preach the word of God,and hope that someone will understand it and feel it.

I am not perfect,nor do i want to be,but i know one thing,i don't wanna sin anymore...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by faithplusone
I think you don't comprehend the true meaning of the word bad...I was in a world of drugs and violence,and really headed down,some things happened that changed my life drastically,and i learned to appreciate the true wealth,that is love.

Sure I can comprehend the meaning of the word "bad". I have seen the world of drugs, as I worked with drug addicts and lived with them for over 2 years.

My point is that you don't need the "bad" in order to appreciate the "good". My orgasm remark was spot on. I don't need to experience something bad in order to know that an orgasm is good, amongst a myriad of many other things that can be called "good" without experiencing anything bad.

Is there something wrong with talking about orgasms? If so, why?
edit on 2-10-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeguyman
1. Why is it that God lets half the world starve? What makes us here in the U.S. and the other first world nations more deserving of life and happiness than the millions of starving children in Africa? Can he not perform a miracles to feed them?

Sectarian warlords are responsible. The United States and Europe sends millions of tons of food aid to people there and the war lords, through their selfishness, takes it away from their neighbors.

2. The Bible says the universe was created in six days, somewhere around 6,000 years ago. But this obviously just isn't true.

While the Bible may say six days, those six days should not be measured by our time anyway. The Bible also does not say how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, they could have been there 10 billion years, we do not know.

3. Does Christianity (and religion in general, really) not seem like just a way to explain phenomena that we don't understand? We don't know what happens after death, so we simply say that our soul goes to an afterlife, even if there is no actual evidence to support this.

The ancients did understand phenomenon. And the Book of Job mentions Orion and Pleiades. The Bible also says the earth sings, well we do not hear it but the Earth hums at Bb, 12 octaves below human hearing. The Bible does not say the sun was a god or an action of a god. The Bible does make it very clear that the universe and all things going on here on Earth will go on happening because it is natural. The Bible is clear that God set the course of motion and it is still going on.

I heard a really good example of this, though it doesn't deal with Christianity, but it still brings a good point: the Vikings used to believe that, every now and then, a Wolf God would eat the moon, and that if they yelled really loudly, the Wolf God would give it back.

Those Vikings also believed in Thor, Loki, Freya, and other beings.

It just seems like this is true with Christianity too. As the human race finds more and more out about the nature of the universe, the less can be attributed to God. We once thought disease was a punishment by God, but that was later revealed to simply be microbes in the human body; not supernatural at all. I would like to know what you think of this.

And people also get sick through their own actions. And people used to get sick from not being clean. I blame it all on the middle-ages because that was when people were really ignorant.

That is because people were held in ignorance by people in power. The Bible has numerous examples of astronomy, archaeology, anthropology, philosophy and all sciences.

4. What validity does the Bible have? It was written by men, many, many year s ago. It has gone through hundreds of translations, which leads me to believe that what we're reading may not be the Bible at all, but rather the result of 2,000 years of mistranslations.

We have the Torah and the Dead Sea Scrolls to prove the word for word translations.

5. How can we believe in certain parts of the Bible, but not others? It is, after all, the infallible word of God, so it should all be true, and we should abide by every word of it. And yet, some parts of the Bible speak of oppressing women, promoting slavery, and how homosexuals are abominations. Should not we be sexist, homophobic slaveowners then? Obviously not. But my question is, how we can we ignore THIS part of the Word of God, but still abide by the rest?

The Bible says nothing about oppressing women. In the Bible times ALL cultures had slaves. That does not mean the Bible promotes slavery, it also says how slaves are to be treated with kindness and to be set free after 7 years. And it is the act of homosexuality that is condemned along with adultery and fornication. The Bible is very clear on sexual purity as it is with every other part of a person's life.

And you should not ignore parts of the Bible.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Is there something wrong with talking about orgasms? If so, why?

No. There is nothing wrong with it. But in some company, it is better to not be shared or talked about. But among adults having an adult conversation about the reality of sex, then no.

Some people are offended by talking about it, and I have seen people who have had a lot of children be offended by it. But then again, the time, the place, and the company makes all the difference.

My ex-husband could not say penis or vagina, and yet used every slang word for them. I will probably get an extreme violation flag, but if I say those words in the context of being simply part of the human anatomy in a serious discussion among adults, then I do not see how it would be offensive,
edit on 10/2/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by faithplusone

And taking my words out of context?
How witty if i may say,but actually i was talking how we should do something together because on our own we can't do much.
Then you could just think, "Oh that guy on the forum completely misunderstood what I was saying."
Just offering that as one way to take what I said, and then, to think something like, "he obviously is not talking about me, but someone in his little imagination, so no reason to feel offended and not any reason to get my hackles up and launch a huge counter-attack to defend my good (anonymous) name against such slanderous remarks from some one who does not know me, or who I am or anything in the least about me."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You behave like a very poorly raised individual,your stance is aggressive and provocative...

There is a place and time for sexual pleasure remarks,in a thread about the pain and suffering of your loved ones,is it really necessary to make such numb and uneducated comparisons,i mean really,what has love to do with orgasms??

You could also say i like defecation,but i am neutral without it...wth?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

This is so thoughtfully and gently explained i applaud you sir.
Thank you for your contribution,i learned a lot.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

1. Why is it that God lets half the world starve? What makes us here in the U.S. and the other first world nations more deserving of life and happiness than the millions of starving children in Africa? Can he not perform a miracles to feed them?

Originally posted by WarminIndy
Sectarian warlords are responsible. The United States and Europe sends millions of tons of food aid to people there and the war lords, through their selfishness, takes it away from their neighbors.

Well that explains Africa, but a little closer to home what about the few million people of Appalachia right here in the US, people always talk about the poor in other countries, but we have an area of the US right here at our own back door where people are living in third world conditions and barely anyone seems to notice or care.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Sorry but i am too witty for that,i can read people...just like a book

I am not offended and always open for meaningful discussion,so if you have any questions i will be more than welcome to answer them.

As i said,i am not a good person...but i truly with my whole heart want to be,i am a sinner,you and me alike brother...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

But you can't help them...you are a slave to the system.

In the near future we will live much like them,i am pretty sure.
Now you may have something to share,but tomorrow you will have nothing...because the people who don't want to share with them,will have it all.
But it is our love and our prayers that will get to them and keep them warm

But if you have something to share,do it because,in the kingdom of heaven the jewels and gold are worth as much as dust.Remember Lot's wife?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Well that explains Africa, but a little closer to home what about the few million people of Appalachia right here in the US, people always talk about the poor in other countries, but we have an area of the US right here at our own back door where people are living in third world conditions and barely anyone seems to notice or care.

You mean like my relatives in Appalachia? Like I don't know about them? You mean like I was a starving child growing up and people around did not care about me?

We are the instruments of God on this earth. We have the power to help or to harm. When we fail it is because of our own shortcomings. I don't blame God for the bad things people do, I blame the people themselves.

I think the Biblical response is this, as Jesus said...

Luke 6:29-36
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

The Bible response...YOU do it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You behave like a very poorly raised individual,your stance is aggressive and provocative...
Aggressive? Not meant to be, sorry you feel that way. Provocative? Maybe. Just trying to get people to think. Was I poorly raised? Guess it depends on how you would define it. Yet, you are the one who continues to attack my character.

There is a place and time for sexual pleasure remarks,in a thread about the pain and suffering of your loved ones
Just providing an example where good can be appreciated without any bad. I used other examples too. I wasn't talking about the practice of sex, or sexual positions, or anything of that nature. Just the result of it.

is it really necessary to make such numb and uneducated comparisons,i mean really,what has love to do with orgasms??
What does love have to do with experiencing good and bad? We are talking about good and bad, not love. I've already covered why I mentioned orgasms.

You could also say i like defecation,but i am neutral without it...wth?

I don't have a problem with that. I suppose that could be something that you could appreciate without experiencing any "bad". Sorry that you are offended so easily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join