It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JP Morgan donates 4.6 million to NYPD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I don't know, it very well may. I do know, however, if they are going to accept money from banks like this (which they should NEVER do) and then act in their (the banks) interest (whether or not they will admit it's bought action) then they need to be handing 4.6 million of OUR money back because we paid them and we haven't seen a pennies worth out of them.

NYC should retrieve their tax money if it's not good enough and the cops are taking money from elsewhere.
Take it back now.

edit on 2-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Uh, maybe you guys should also know who funded the Obama election:
$9.9 million coming from Wall Street Bankers....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah we all know this isn't bribery right ?

I mean obviously this is charity from those lovely altruists at J P Morgan.

How could anyone even think that J P M would have some kind of ulterior motive like buying off the cops.

I have a question for the NYPD....will this charitable donation affect your ability to enforce the law as per the Constitution ?

As the demonstration in Wall St is set to grow and grow, is this donation timely for NYPD public relations ? to have taken such a large donation from known felons and fraudsters such as J P M.

I hope the NYPD put it to good use, after the banksters have fully destroyed the economy, they're going to need it.

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What a bunch of hacks. Talking about the NYPD like they are a bunch of thugs taking a bribe. These people put their lives on the line every single day so that we can have the right to run pointless stupid protests like this. God forbid they would receive a donation in recognition of hard work. I can put money on a bet that Goldman and JP don't give a damn about these protests because they will continue to accomplish nothing, the money definitely wasn't for this reason.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Go back to the T.V. you're lost.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Go back to the T.V. you're lost.

No KIDDING!

As one of my friends put it, the donation of this money translates to,"Protect our vaults."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This is an overly typical ATS response. I don't even have cable in my apartment thank you very much. Maybe if everyone got off of their Twitters and Facebooks things would be different in this corner as well. This is a hapless protesting attempt with no guiding light. Economic problems stem from numerous things, not just a few financial institutions. The people themselves high up are what corrupts the system, not the corporations. Most people in the corporations are just working a day job. I worked in the finance field, trust me these guys aren't worried about anything. If they did indeed singlehandedly organize the collapse of the economy, they certainly aren't scared of 10,000 hipsters walking around NYC. Hell, that's how it is every day there!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No.. if you would read through the thread you will see that I give most people a fine well thought out response. Your post didn't deserve one.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I didn't mean typical of you, I meant typical of an ATS user. It's the equivalent of calling someone "sheeple" or whatever cop-out everyone runs to. I don't care if my post deserves a retort from you or not, I'm just going to sit back and watch this joke of a protest die down. I can't help but say something though, it's all getting out of hand.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's been going on for some time now. Did you honestly expect it to last this long?
And to answer your question yes these cops ARE thugs taking bribes. They serve the public they are paid by the public they have no business taking money from an organization that would have a vested interest in them (that is almost undeniably a criminal organization accused of manipulating the worlds silver market for christsake!) right before planned protest against said country are set to begin.

We have footage of the police abusing their power, the economic crash has been circumvented to preserve oppression and you are blind to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

It's been going on for some time now. Did you honestly expect it to last this long?
And to answer your question yes these cops ARE thugs taking bribes. They serve the public they are paid by the public they have no business taking money from an organization that would have a vested interest in them (that is almost undeniably a criminal organization accused of manipulating the worlds silver market for christsake!) right before planned protest against said country are set to begin.

We have footage of the police abusing their power, the economic crash has been circumvented to preserve oppression and you are blind to it.

Of course it's going to last this long. These are a bunch of jobless losers, complaining about not having a job because they never actively pursued one or decided to be art majors. This isn't a utopia, you need to work hard for what you really want then you will see the fruits of your labors. These people are lazy hypocrites trying to feel useful. I work for a public organization which takes money from investors on tax-credit and donations alike. The NYPD deserves as much money as they can get, if they begin to suppress a cause that isn't embarrassing for the masses then I'll start to have a problem with them.

If it were up to me, I'd elect to have all of the people blocking streets arrested because they are interrupting the flow of people who are actually trying to live their lives. Yes, people in power do messed up things, the government does messed up things, YOU do messed up things. If you want change you have to go about it the right way, and this social media hipster-induced liberal nutwing festival is comparable to a bad joke. Look at these people lining up in Philadelphia:

Come on.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They don't look lazy to me. They look like they are standing out in the cold for weeks for free to stand for something. A job you couldn't pay most Americans to do.

I would love to hear what you think the right thing is. Also.. you are fine in your job why should you have compassion for your fellow man. Just broad stroke them as lazy losers.. you are just showing ignorance. Get out and look for a job.. just for fun (don't quit yours just go look and don't use any major references these are young people). Just go out and try to find a job anyone can do and using only a highschool diploma, maybe say a 2 or 4 year some places if you want to change it up. Just as an experiment in your free time.

Until then, you should just keep your mouth shut.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What are those pictures supposed to mean to me other than you think some of the people look goofy I guess?
You think they look dumb? You probably think that about everyone though. Just some dude with illusory superiority.

Personal side note.. the blonde girl in that one photo is fine.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

They don't look lazy to me. They look like they are standing out in the cold for weeks for free to stand for something. A job you couldn't pay most Americans to do.

I would love to hear what you think the right thing is. Also.. you are fine in your job why should you have compassion for your fellow man. Just broad stroke them as lazy losers.. you are just showing ignorance. Get out and look for a job.. just for fun (don't quit yours just go look and don't use any major references these are young people). Just go out and try to find a job anyone can do and using only a highschool diploma, maybe say a 2 or 4 year some places if you want to change it up. Just as an experiment in your free time.

Until then, you should just keep your mouth shut.

First off, this group has no clear-cut reason of why they are protesting. Figuring out something like that should help the movement. Second, there is little to no organization in what their mission is, basically camping around NYC is supposed to make corporations change their ways? shaking my damn head. Maybe these people should get more than a high-school diploma, or work harder. I had to do it, so should they. The government doesn't owe me anything and i'm proud of that. If they believe corporations are influencing washington, then why would complaining to washington or corporations fix anything. My idea? Get off of Facebook and bowing down to the social media demon, stop buying the latest product and realize what is important in life. People have turned wants into needs over the years, and luxuries into necessities. If a large group could influence the populace to stop feeding the consumerism bug then we would have an entirely different society which we control, not the corporations. People screaming "down with capitalism" aren't going to do jack.

Yes, I do think the people in those pictures are stupid. I've met many like them and heard their ridiculous redistribution views. A bunch of hippies without balls basically. Another side note, did you watch the O'Reilly factor clip where the blonde girl dressed as a native american got interviewed? She was extremely attractive.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes they do. I am tired of people saying that. You are just parroting the news reports trying to make the protests look foolish. The thing is they have so many reasons to be out there. They have ten years worth of reasons. It will get clearer. No one questioned the arab spring riots because no one was afraid to say "the are protesting a corrupt government and system."

These people are just (and I hate using this cliche term) waking up. Sure they are banging their heads for that epiphany, but they are protesting everything that is wrong with this country. The 99 percent thing has subverted their own agenda a little because it's hard to explain their goal and have it relevant to that slogun, but they are protesting this failing country, and these giant banks that own it. Their apprehension may actually be an inadvertent strategic point because its saved them from being called nuts long enough to gather people. When the light bulb goes off (and they realize it's not crazy, but our government is in on this) though you will start to hear what they are really there for.

and no i don't watch that show, but feel free to hook me up if you have the link. I'm opinionated, but still, only a man. haha.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

like I posted earlier, NY as many big cities in the US have a long and colorful history of corruption within the government and Police, is not new it has been going on for over a century, back in the days they were called "briberies" now in modern days is "donations".

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So, JP Morgan got a 12 Billion dollar bail out.

Nice of them to give some of that cash back. eh?

dealbook.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I would imagine $4.6million would go quite a ways to protect one's interests. I wonder what my local police department would do for me if I wrote them a big fat check.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Thank you for saying what I've been trying to say, but don't -- I continually wind up closing the browser because its too damn tiring to explain what should be obvious to people who seem incapable of thinking for themselves.
edit on 2-10-2011 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Buddy.. 10 years? No, if they were protesting what they SHOULD be protesting they have exactly 98 years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join