It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Martial law around the corner with suspended elections?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I never said it COULD not happen, I said "IMO", it will not happen.

Bush Martial law

In May 2007, Bush signed executive new orders NSDP51 and HSDP20 to replace REX84. Everything done in government is done for a reason, and these two new orders are no exception.

Bush Replaced REX84 With New Martial Law ExecutiveOrder
Ted Twietmeyer

Once In Control – Martial Law Will Stay

In May 2007, Bush signed executive new orders NSDP51 and HSDP20 to replace REX84. The older order REX84 was an older directive to establish martial law in the event of a national emergency. Everything done in government is done for a reason, and these two new orders are no exception.

These new directives surprised and alarmed many real conservatives and true patriots at the time. These two orders established that the White House administration would take over all local governments under a national state of emergency, instead of Homeland Security.

I am well versed in the ability of the POTUS and his power, I think with all of the issues in America today, they would be insane to even try it!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Executive Order 12656: “ASSIGNMENT OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RESPONSIBILITIES” - This order allows for the declaration of a State of Emergency during natural disaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergencies that seriously threaten the national security of the United States. This order allows for total, unquestioned federal takeover of every local police department, as well as local price fixing and wages. It also forbids reassignment of personal financial assets within or outside of the United States. This EO appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the power to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.

more info on interesting Executive Orders

Just a little bit more info on powers given to the Federal Government.

So....yes, I agree they have the power, BUT we are not in the Civial War! We are in drastic times and they do imo require drastic actions, if they were to occur we are talking about a coup, a revolution, the American people taking back what belongs to us... In this climate we would simply not stand for it!!!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join