It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupying Wall Street. Just How BIG is it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

edit on 1-10-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm in the UK too and I only came across the Occupy Wall Street movement yesterday thanks to my internet being down. There was absolutely nothing about it on MSM and it's only in the last ten minutes on BBC News that they've mentioned the Brooklyn Bridge arrests. They had a protester come on 'live' and then cut him off halfway through saying that they 'ran out of time'.

If it wasn't for coming on ATS, I wouldn't have known about it at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm in NYC and it is barely getting covered here locally. Both of the local rags (The Post and The Daily News) are making mostly derogatory comments about how smelly the protesters are and how they are trust fund kids and old hippies. Saw coverage on O'reilly and Hannity last night with pretty much of the same. O'reilly basically did a comedy piece with" funny" clips from movies juxtaposed with the protesters to make them look like idiots.

Susan Sarandon was down there supporting them at one point. The MSM here basically made fun of her too.

Does seem to be growing and everyone is thankfully raising hell about the Tony Bolagna pepper spraying incident.

I'll probably be down there again in the middle of the week and try to get some pix.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lellomackin
I'm in NYC and it is barely getting covered here locally. Both of the local rags (The Post and The Daily News) are making mostly derogatory comments about how smelly the protesters are and how they are trust fund kids and old hippies. Saw coverage on O'reilly and Hannity last night with pretty much of the same. O'reilly basically did a comedy piece with" funny" clips from movies juxtaposed with the protesters to make them look like idiots.

Susan Sarandon was down there supporting them at one point. The MSM here basically made fun of her too.

Does seem to be growing and everyone is thankfully raising hell about the Tony Bolagna pepper spraying incident.

I'll probably be down there again in the middle of the week and try to get some pix.

Thanks for sharing. i was actually going to ask, if there are any ATS'ers in the NYC area who are close enough to see whats actually going down, and give us their own reports, or post videos/pictures of the protests.

That would certainly make up for the media's seemingly deliberate lack of attention paid to this seemingly large event.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My opinion from what I have seen is that it probably will start getting attention pretty soon.

Honestly, it did start out as a typical Anon style protest and there were really not enough people to warrant any coverage.

It started picking up steam though, and certainly in the last couple of days it has grown quite a bit.

I actually feel like the overt negative reaction by the local papers (read Murdoch) have actually made some people more angry.

There have been rumors that some ex vets and some of the unions are going to join in.

Seems people, that I would consider outside of the "inner circle" that started it up, are talking about going down to join.

I think Sunday will tell.
edit on 1-10-2011 by lellomackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

Shortly after I posted I was treated to the first coverage on local television news of the protest and have seen it on all newscasts since. It is too big to ignore. I went down to the Chicago Federal Reserve and spent some time there yesterday afternoon with a group of protestors there. All was peaceful and the majority of passerbys were supportive of the efforts! The tide may finally slowly be turning in favor of the common man!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You can help by spreading the word amongst friends and family.

October 15th there will be world wide demonstrations that will support the Occupy groups.

Find your city here and see how wide spread it has become:

15october.net...

See you on the street!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Thanks for that, hopefully there will be more cities added over the coming week.

I for one will definately be joinging in my nearest protest.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

There were 10,000 people in the NYC protests on Sept. 30th.

The movement IS gaining momentum, and don't listen to anyone who tries to discredit it.
Within the past week a sister-movement has sprung up in just about EVERY major city in America, AND in other countries! Japan, Australia, Egypt, New Zealand, Mexico.

All of those movements will be starting to occupy their cities within the next week or two.
These things don't just happen overnight.

And to those talking about them not having a clear message, uh, yes they do.
Bankers &The rich control the government, and that has to change.
& It will change if people get involved, because we outnumber them 99/1.
That's a lot. & That is our point. They'd have no clue what to do if every person in the country was demanding them to change their corrupt ways.

Just. Wait.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm in the UK and as stated by everyone else I've not heard anything about it on the news.

BUT... it is happening and the cover up just confirms many peoples distrust of the mainstream media. Thanks to youtube however we can see the proof for ourselves....

Today 3 Oct 2011

Occupy Wall Street NYC Protest

Occupy Wall Street protesters punished by NYPD

Police Violence at NYC Occupy Wall Street Protest

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
30 cities about are online now with an extra 130 to be online before the end of the month and this is just the begining.

Cheque out the following site for info.
occupyeverything.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join