It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-phrased - CBS blatantly ridiculing the Occupy Wall Street protesters!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Great idea! If we all boycott the corporate media: CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CNN and demand that they cover the right issues or else, then that might have some effect on these corporate pigs.
edit on 1-10-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
A few times a day, they march down to Wall Street, yelling, “This is what democracy looks like!” It all has the feel of a classic street protest with one exception: It’s unclear exactly what the demonstrators want.

And this is exactly why the protest movement will fail.
Sheer numbers of people chanting and marching on the street will do nothing unless they can actually state *specifically* what changes they want to see happen.
Just yelling "democracy", "freedom", "down with evil bankers", "we want our rights", "wall street is evil" or similar stuff is completely utterly totally 100percent useless.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
FYI, this is an "Associated Press" article being run by several different outlets. See, journalists used to write their own stuff but it's soooo much easier to outsource. The question is, who's really writing this?

Forbes: Forbes

FOX: FOX

edit on 1-10-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think it has now become a platform for all the problems American citizens have.

for the record everyone should know by now what the protesters want.

a) bankers tried, and jailed.

this first part is the problem, it's too general. they need to focus

you know that is a good point about the bankers. nobody ever really was put on trial after all the fraud cases in the '08 collapse, they just paid money, and I'm sure it was all done with smoke and mirrors

dick fuld should be hauled away at least

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The republic has failed us. The protests have been clearly defined. We are still as of yet a free country and we have the right to demand through protest that our interests and well being matter as much as Corporate America's does. When our Congress, whom WE elect, vote another pay raise for themselves, take another donation to cast their vote in a way that benefits the few over the many, we have the right to say ENOUGH. This is our country and our government, I have the right to expect that a job I am qualified to hold will exist for ME and not be given to a person outside the US for less than half the pay and no benefits. Corporate America cannot expect us to continue to buy thier candy and then spit on us.

We are trapped. We have no means to survive on our own in this country anymore. You cannot just go build yourself a home any old place, every inch of this land is owned. If you have a home, you still need utilities which are outrageously costly. You need a car to get work, insurance is insane, gas is insane. You need to eat, not everyone can grow and hunt their own, in some places you need a license or permit to have a large garden. You need to be rich to go get a "higher" education or plan to go into 120,000 dollars or more debt to the government...theres so much more, how can anyone be against this.

Also I havent seen one tye-dyed shirt :/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join