It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall St. protesters shut down Brooklyn Bridge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Wall St. protesters shut down Brooklyn Bridge

www.nypost.com

About 100 cars were left stuck as the loud, angry crowd covered the span from end to end in yet another day of demonstrations against high unemployment, bank bailouts and economic uncertainty for the masses.

Read more: www.nypost.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Police have arrested over 100 protesters after the Occupy Wall Street movement shut down the Brooklyn Bridge for two hours, stranding motorists as thousands of marchers, who have been camping out in the Financial District for weeks, made their way through Lower Manhattan.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

Wow, Mass arrests happening right now....

www.livestream.com...

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

One irate driver, a Ground Zero construction worker, blasted the pedestrians.
"I work my # off all day, and these # hippies close down the Brooklyn Bridge so I can't get home?" he said. "This ain't right!"

a Ground Zero construction worker, no less!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Protest...Good

Pi$$ing people off...BAD!

This is exactly the thing that will turn public support against the most important moment in America right now.

Wrong approach.

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Yep, I think we all see through how they are playing this down.....

It is spreading pretty quick, I would imagine that by Oct 5th there is going to be millions marching across the nation....

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I got $10 that no one actually said this. It was just written to garner interest for the story.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Makes it sound good being a ground zero worker huh? / & conquer

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was watching the livestream of the protests and some people were talking about how the police herded them onto the bridge and trapped them, then started making arrests. I wouldn't put it past the media to demonize this protest in favor of big business especially when they are part of it.

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I do not personally agree with these protestors because I feel they have a strong political orientation but will give my advice on how to bring people onto their side. Martyr – that is all they need.

Bouazizi: The Man Who Set Himself and Tunisia on Fire
Death of Khaled Mohamed Saeed
Death of Neda Agha-Soltan

Someone innocent dies because of the enemy and people will take up arms.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Adding some latest video...

It appears a child is getting arrested as well. (4.20 in the clip)

Adding some latest video...

-Kdial1
edit on 1-10-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In the posting under the new york posting article, one of the people said that they were there and that what actually happened was that the protesters were directed towards the bridge and then corralled up with orange netting and then arrested and said that they were blocking the bridge. When thats where the police led them.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Will keep posting videos on when it is covered by MSM, so far I have found RT covering it...

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer

One irate driver, a Ground Zero construction worker, blasted the pedestrians.
"I work my # off all day, and these # hippies close down the Brooklyn Bridge so I can't get home?" he said. "This ain't right!"

a Ground Zero construction worker, no less!

Yeah, they just happened to stumble on an irate ground zero worker.

GTFOH.

edit on 1-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
In the posting under the new york posting article, one of the people said that they were there and that what actually happened was that the protesters were directed towards the bridge and then corralled up with orange netting and then arrested and said that they were blocking the bridge. When thats where the police led them.

I hope someone has video to prove this. I would imagine that if this is true and proveable, several people just hit the lottery. Personally, I loathe law enforcement and I have no doubt that this is exactly what they did. They are shameless and they have gotten away with whatever they want to do for far too long. It's time to make a stand.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's all over twitter that 500 or so people were seperated and corralled onto the Brooklyn Bridge. Spam the news networks on twitter to cover the REAL news!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I am sure there is video of it, this whole movement is like a global consciousness. Everyone has their smartphones, unless all phones and film equipment have been confiscated and scrubbed. Which it appears that they have arrested the citizen press (cameraman) that was covering it in the live stream.

I bet if the camerman would have had a CNN MSNBC or Fox news media badge they would have let him continue filming.

The corporations are not covering this..... They are scared!!!!!!!!

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
These protestors have it all wrong.

You don't make protests work by gathering in thousands and getting arrested.

You make protests work by burning the city down.

I hate to be non PC but I feel I have a small point.

(disclaimer) ' I do not condone burning down cities. '

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Finally! Americans are finally doing something to fix the corporatization of their government... I am from Canada and have watched the slow methodical transfer of power from the US government to the banking cartels since Ronald Regan.

I watched with patience as I knew someday Americans will wake up and demand their country back. I think it is finally happening. Slavery ended a long time ago... go get back your liberty and jobs!

Love from Canada!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Agreed, but it is a good way to get numbers, once the American people wake up and join it is over.... Just a matter of time now.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

OP you are incorrect on this thread title, the NYPD shut down Brooklyn Bridge and started arresting the peaceful protesters, get your facts straight!!

The World Is Watching!!!!

edit on 1-10-2011 by longwinter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join