It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evils of Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avatar777
Religion isn't actually a problem, it is humans hatred that is real problem. There are plenty of good religious people who are spreading love. But unfortunately there are also a lot of religious fanatics whose behavior is extreme. The same goes for atheists. Religion can be used for both good and evil purposes.

Medical drugs can heal but when the dose is too big it can also kill.

Bullcrap. Religion is a plague on this little pale blue dot we call Earth. It keeps people in mental chains and hinders mankind from reaching our true potential.
Think about this: how can a "loving and caring god" command a father (Abraham) to sacrifice his own son?
This is not the actions of a benevolent god. In religious circles there is a name for an entity that would behave like this.

That is, if you beleive in these fairytales.

There is definately something beyond "this crude flesh", as Yoda would put it, but you won't find the answeer in the Abrahamitic faiths.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

I totally agree that there are some violent references in Bible and other religions. I am also not religious but I do believe in God. I am just saying if religious people take only all the positive from their writings ( such as love and helping each other) than it is fine to me. As long as people are not forced into religion it can't be dangerous. Personally I have mixed opinion about Bible. In some places I can find there wisdom but some parts are repugnant and silly.

<< 1   >>

join