It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocker with a mind.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
1. How about the fact that there have been no more terrror attacks since 9/11.

2. Healthcare, talk to AETNA, Blue Cross and all those robbers. Don;t blame your president. WE won't see subsidized healthcare from ANY candidate in the next 4 years.

3. Comparing MOore to Swiftboat? are you calling ALL of those swiftboat men liars? that is overly arrogant

4. Rocker with a mind. I loved Pearl Jams' bushleaguer song. "he's not a leader, his a texas leaguer, born on first, thinks he got a triple!!" is a great line. HOwever, I am still a republican who will vote for Bush even though I am going to the MOVEON concert in the swing states. If you are swayed which way to vote from a rocker, you are twisted. I think it is just good to get the twenty somethings informed,. and people under 18 for when they are ready to vote.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey we're not calling them ignorant, Bush did by PULLING THE ADS !!!!!
Bush has no business calling foreign policy as he cant even name leaders of countries. ANd "JRSDLS" why is it ok for you quote gene simmons, but springsteen is a poser? Geez, are you even old enough to vote? Well, I know you dont care, but here is why I vote for Kerry:

1: He is not Bush.

2: He served in Vietnam. IN VIETNAM

3: He's honest to a fault.

4: He graduated with honors.

Bush has sat in that office and lied and lied, then lied to cover up the lies. Noone has done anything about it. Alqueada you say? OK where are they? In Iraq? Where is Bin Laden? That should have been the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY UNTILL HE WAS CAUGHT. Instead, we went from one unwinnable war to another and now there are over 900 dead americans in Iraq, and that doesnt count the 1000s injured. Their blood is on Bushes hands. That country is no better off then when we invaded and we still have Bin laden on the loose.

All the time and money the republicans spent trying to get Clinton impeached would have been better spent taking phone calls from flight schools in florida. Its the problem with your whole party. All you care about is winning. No matter the cost. Well, you had your chance. Thanks for the staggering debt my kids will be working to pay off and the 900+ dead soliders and counting. Thank you Mr. Bush.

Now go be quiet and listen to some KISS records. I'm done here.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
sublime, I am probably a lot older than you. I lived through Vietnam, did you? The fact is that you like a liar, who said he gratuated with honors? what gratuate school did he go to? Bush had a higher gpa at Yale, the same school that Kerry went to. Bush also earned a MBA from Havard. You just keep on buying the lie that Bush is not smart. and by the way, most of the planning went on during the Clinton adminstration. Clinton could have ended it but didn't want to commit troops to go after Osama.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
1. How about the fact that there have been no more terrror attacks since 9/11.

Hmmm.... now how about that!

That homeland insecurity dept. is a goodun!

There probably won't be any more terror, now that all those liberated Iraqis love America so much.

Maybe if syria bombs the world bank, it'll justify a "liberation" of Iran!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No terror attacks since 9/11? Seriously? Wow.. wish I lived in that world again. I can't help but point out that the US hadn't had any serious terror attacks by foreign citizens before then either. I'm quite sure we'll see more. We're not immune to terror, and we never were. Just lucky.

Anyhow.. Anyone remember Dave Mustaine from Megadeth and his Rock the Vote work for MTV? We need good ol' Dave back in 2004. I remember being amazed at his well spoken, informed oppinions. Not all rockers are ignorant and numb.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
THis is an answer for SUBLIME.......

Bush has no business calling foreign policy as he cant even name leaders of countries. ANd "JRSDLS" why is it ok for you quote gene simmons, but springsteen is a poser? Geez, are you even old enough to vote? Well, I know you dont care, but here is why I vote for Kerry:

Who said ignorant, I said arrogant, right.

Good one!!! Thats an informed decision.

Real vets don;'t talk of Veitnam, and he turned on his brothers and then lied about war injuries(dirtbag)

So are priest, but since they are holy men they can molst kids nad get wasy with stuff other s can't..nice logic

Is that in the Constituion that the pres needs to have that?Who cares, millions graduate every day(like myself) with honors from college.

Bush has sat in that office and lied and lied, then lied to cover up the lies. Noone has done anything about it. Alqueada you say? OK where are they? In Iraq? Where is Bin Laden? That should have been the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY UNTILL HE WAS CAUGHT. Instead, we went from one unwinnable war to another and now there are over 900 dead americans in Iraq, and that doesnt count the 1000s injured. Their blood is on Bushes hands. That country is no better off then when we invaded and we still have Bin laden on the loose.

yada,yada,yada some ol arguement that he did nothing. Was getting BJ's in the oval office more important than catching Buin LAden, remember Clinton ???

All the time and money the republicans spent trying to get Clinton impeached would have been better spent taking phone calls from flight schools in florida. Its the problem with your whole party. All you care about is winning. No matter the cost. Well, you had your chance. Thanks for the staggering debt my kids will be working to pay off and the 900+ dead soliders and counting. Thank you Mr. Bush.

If Clinton would have been honest, it would not have needed to spend that money. It was again the Dems fault. you wanna go on.

NOW, you go put on you Linda Rondstat records, call up your friends and have a circle jerk watching a Micheal Moore film.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by esdad71]

[edit on 27-8-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would guess, just because you're all here on this forum, that you cherish and exploit FREE SPEECH...
Rock Stars are people too. The laws of free speech that apply to you apply to them.
You can't have it both ways.
Should a person who becomes a rock star be forced to give up his right of free speech.
Who's next?

OK I agree rock stars are in a possition to influence and should be carefull what they say...
But look at the history of Rock Music. It always was and always will be a platform for the underclasses to voice their opinion. Whether that opinion is on love, sex, drugs or politics. whether YOU agree with what they say or not. For a lot of people they're the voice they don't have themselves. And it has in some instances done a lot of good...
Are you scared that ppl will actually agree with them and not you?
Usualy when a person wants to silence somebody else that is the case.
Are you jealous of their position?
Wouldn't YOU like to voice YOUR opinion to the masses??
Like I said free speech belongs to all of us.
Nobody has the right to take that away from you.

BTW Alice is not a rock star he's a pantomime actor who sings rock songs.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
--------------->esdad71

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Republicans that are anti-Bush? Need more of those people.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here, I will type slowly, so maybe you can read easier. If the only thing you can do is attempt to attack grammatical errors in my writing, than keep choking. I am sorry, I did not know this was a Mensa forum, and make sure you use spellcheck when you try to use big egyptian words.

Rock on....

Rock music is about expression, and it is an artform and a platform that many artists use to attempt to inform the listener that there is more to life than just sitting at home getting high in your moms basement until your 31 and thinking maybe this week you'll hit the lotto or run for president and change some stuff or something.

Wether it be Sid Vicious or Eddie Vedder or Bob Dylan, the artists of their respected periods sing not songs just of protest, but also of self-awareness. We as listeners are free to interpret and then use those words.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is just damge contol for a sinking ship. Alice Cooper is a big Bush supporter, he's just trying to counter-act the other musicians stumping for Kerry.

EDIT: Shouldn't the title of this thread be: Moron Says Don't Listen To Us.
I mean, he said he's a moron, along with his fellow musicians.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by curme]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Here, I will type slowly, so maybe you can read easier. If the only thing you can do is attempt to attack grammatical errors in my writing, than keep choking. I am sorry, I did not know this was a Mensa forum, and make sure you use spellcheck when you try to use big egyptian words.

Rock on....

esdad71, this is just typical Democratic banter. sarcasim on, Democrats are smart, Republicans are dumb. Democrats are educated, Republicans are ignorant. sarcasim off. Just another Democrat party.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What if a musician writes lyrics with political content? Those are my favorite.

Side note: Marilyn Manson is brilliant.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sorry JRSDLS, I was responding to Sublime's post. Try reading it....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well since he is "honest to a fault" did he tell the truth when he testifed to congress on the Vietnam War? If so he is a war criminal, in not a perjeror.
Well........

Originally posted by sublime4372

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Rock by its very nature is a rebellious style of music. I fail to see why Dave Mathew's, etc. cannot speak their own minds about something they feel strongly about. If you were in a position to tell the world your feelings, would you not do it?

Since when was it "treasonous" to speak one's own mind. Politics and music have always mixed together. Afterall, music shows the life and times of the people during the period that a certain style came about, and to limit free speach in music is just as good as saying we must all listen to classical music because Improvization is bad.

Really, think about it....

Whether you agree with some of the artists or not is irrelevant. Musicians are people too, and have their own ideas and opinions just like everyone else. Alice Cooper is nothing but a washed-up has-been who was more of a poser than Motley Crue and the rest of those so-called "hair metal" losers.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Jazzman, I never said that Dave Matthews should not speak thier mind. So I see the Democrats on this board have turned to thier favorite trick, attack and obscure the facts. Alice Cooper a poser? I suppose that anyone who agrees with your point of view is right and all others are posers. I just think it's funny that it's okay for artist to bash Bush, but when One praises him, he's not a real musician, he's a poser.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whoops...double post!

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
So I see the Democrats on this board have turned to thier favorite trick, attack and obscure the facts. Alice Cooper a poser? I suppose that anyone who agrees with your point of view is right and all others are posers. I just think it's funny that it's okay for artist to bash Bush, but when One praises him, he's not a real musician, he's a poser.

Uh....when did I say that? I'm neither a Republican or Democrat.

No, people that disagree with me are not "posers", but the music scene that Alice participated in was invented for money and fame. Just listen to the artists of that era, and you will clearly hear that the music, politics, etc. always came second to the "image".

I don't care if he is pro-Bush or anti-Bush, but to come out and say its "treason" to speak one's mind is total BS, considering musicians are people too. Again, you can either disagree or agree with their opinions, but to say they cannot have an opinion is against the very thing that this nation was founded on.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join