It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocker with a mind.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I ran across this and found it very interesting. I guess the left does not have a strangle hold on entertainment.

worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

"When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick.

"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal."

Yeah, sounds like Alice Cooper is a real rocket scientist.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
At least he speaks the truth. Gotta give him that.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What, that most rock stars are morons? I have to concur on that, but it's still a free country, and as much as Alice Cooper has the right to say these things, Bruce Springsteen has the right to say Bush is a lying bish.

Free speech goes both ways, and at least Springsteen is being constructive.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've got to agree with Alice here. Rock stars who use their status to promote their political views are my number 1 pet hate. If you put aside the Bush issue and look at the general idea of political sloganising rock stars, they are in essence abusing democracy.

For example: in democracy everybody gets 1 vote. Along comes Jonny Rock Star with his political views, gets up on stage or in front of TV cameras, and spews his politcal views to a sycophantic audience/fanbase. Even if only 10% of Jonny Rock Star's 1 million fans are dumb enough to allow their favorite rock stars opinions to dominate their own (I'll bet its really a larger proportion), then Jonny Rock Star now has 100000 votes, wich is bollocks. And why does Jonny Rock Star need or want people to vote his way anyway? To feed his massive ego?

Politics are best kept out of music.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Paul]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
how do you say the springsteen is being constructive? I think that depends on your political view. I agree with you on free speech, I just wish the Democratic party did. I want to know why it's okay for Micheal Moore to bash Bush, but it's not okay for the Swifties to bash Kerry. Can't have it your way Dems.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
jrsdls:

I want to know why it's okay for Micheal Moore to bash Bush, but it's not okay for the Swifties to bash Kerry.

Freedom of Expression. They should be able to say anything they want. Each side. And you are free to make your own assumptions.

Isn't that in your constitution or something?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I want to know why it's okay for Micheal Moore to bash Bush, but it's not okay for the Swifties to bash Kerry. Can't have it your way Dems.

well, because moore states facts, the "swift boat" thing is a fraud. even bush has admitted as much. DUHHH turn on the tv once in a while. so i guess we did get our way and will in november to..

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey I agree with you, practice what you preach. Moore can say what he wants, but let me say what I want also.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
well, thats not what you said. You compared michael moore to the "swift boat veterans group" you want to argue that, ill put you in the ground. Im suprised more hasnt been done about it yet.

get this thru your head. the only platform bush can run on is negativity. the guy doesnt dare boast about one accomplishment, because it can be torn apart i about 5 seconds, so all they do is say "kerry did this, and kerry did that" but when the allegations are proven false, to many of you dunderheads allready heard Rush talk about it, so it becomes fact to you.

get your tissues ready, cause november will be here sooner than you think..

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't think you can claim that the Swifties were frauds. you say check the records. okay, lets look at the records. see the link below

www.suntimes.com...

on Kerry's first purple heart, see this link

www.suntimes.com...

show me where it says that the swifties are frauds, oh I get it, we have to trust a proven liar, "I was in Cambodia and it's seared in my memory" Kerry, or 245 Officers who know the truth. You Dems are so funny, grasp at anything to justify your guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
run little liberal, run don't ask for the truth unless you are ready for it. The truth is that Kerry only cares about his own self. That's why he ignored the POW/MIA families so he could get his cousin a fat contract in Vietnam by normalizing trade. you my friend need to open your eyes and stop buying all that Moore and his Moore-ons put out.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
jrsdls: Well feel free to post all about the positive changes that have come about in the USA during Bush's term.

Go on. Poverty levels? People without health insurance? Security? The deficit?

I'm listening.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"because the war is ongoing, and al Qaeda is a living, breathing thing, I�d say Mr. Bush will do a better job. If you have cockroaches in the kitchen, you don�t want somebody to come in and have a conversation with them. You need an exterminator. And exterminators are not popular guys. They stink up the house. They�re not fun. You don�t want them around, but they�re exactly what you need when you have cockroaches in the kitchen. Mr. Bush is doing what exterminators need to do: go out and find out where the roaches are." -- Gene Simmons on why he supports Bush over Kerry.

lets see positives about Bush, He has not forgotten 9-11 like most Democrats. Unemployment better than when Clinton was running for re-election. Interest Rates lower that when Clinton was in office.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What's more nauseating than SwiftBoat, Kerry, Viet Nam, and all of it combined is how everything turns into Bush bashing.

To the issue at hand...

The only thing that bothers me is when Springsteen presents himself as one of the regular guys. Just a t-shirt wearing regular guy. Just a multi-millionaire, multiple home owning average joe sweatsock. They're not really FOR Kerry, just AGAINST Bush. Just once I wish someone with status and money would back a real, genuinely decent candidate. I'm tired of taking the less scandalous person. These rock stars are idiots, as are most actors I've seen interviewed. But they have the money to back the right idea(l)s if not the brains to take office themselves. It's not the presidential race, it's the battle of the rich white guys. These people could bankroll a decent regular guy to run and maybe even win if they really put their heads together instead of a bunch of rich singers telling us which rich guy to vote for.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
"because the war is ongoing, and al Qaeda is a living, breathing thing, I�d say Mr. Bush will do a better job. If you have cockroaches in the kitchen, you don�t want somebody to come in and have a conversation with them. You need an exterminator. And exterminators are not popular guys. They stink up the house. They�re not fun. You don�t want them around, but they�re exactly what you need when you have cockroaches in the kitchen. Mr. Bush is doing what exterminators need to do: go out and find out where the roaches are." -- Gene Simmons on why he supports Bush over Kerry.

lets see positives about Bush, He has not forgotten 9-11 like most Democrats. Unemployment better than when Clinton was running for re-election. Interest Rates lower that when Clinton was in office.

There are no positives about Bush, you are saying he is the better man because he KILLS people better? He has never seen a war in his life, neither did Cheney! How can Bush supporters be SO ignorant of that? How have Dems forgotten about 9-11, please give me an example. and interest rates are low to make an attempt to save our dying economy, not a positive.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I for one wouldn't want to pay those outrageous prices for concert tickets only to be basked in some rocker's or other musician's political views.

I paid to hear their music, not their take on life. You want to express your views ot your audience? Write a song. That's what we pay you for. If I think you're going to go on a diatribe of the evils of America or it's leaders, or on the wonderful things America or its leaders have done and not play the music I paid admission for, I won;t go to your concert. I come to relax and unwind and enjoy myself, not to get angry about issues. I save that for the other 364 days of the year.

SHUT UP AND SING!

edit: Parting thought:

I personally think there is so much Bush hating on every side because somehow it has become the new way to 'give the bird to the man'. In the sixties/seventies, it was cool to be a wr protestor, even if you didn't understand why. In the new millenium, unfortunately, the same is true, only now we have a much more easily accessable media format so that one can be educated on one side of the issue much easier and totally ignore the other side.

'HEY LOOK! EVERYONE'S RUNNING OFF THAT LEDGE! LET'S GO!'

[edit on 27-8-2004 by everlastingnoitall]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
'HEY LOOK! EVERYONE'S RUNNING OFF THAT LEDGE! LET'S GO!'

Go for it, one less vote for Bush!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You know who is suprisingly smart, not to mention often compared to Alice Cooper?

Marilyn Manson. I know, I know. I hated him too for a long time, but the man can carry a converstation better then Wolf Blitzer and I'd bet anyone good money he'd run circles around Cooper and O'Reilly tied together.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
You know who is suprisingly smart, not to mention often compared to Alice Cooper?

Marilyn Manson. I know, I know. I hated him too for a long time, but the man can carry a converstation better then Wolf Blitzer and I'd bet anyone good money he'd run circles around Cooper and O'Reilly tied together.

Yeah he is, I have always been a Marilyn Manson fan, and he is amazingly intelligent for what you would think by looking at him.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join