It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Massachucetts Citizens Really Represented by Kerry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
While the furor continues over the swift boat ad, I checked into something which should be known to all who plan to cast a vote this November.

John Kerry who has cited his experience in the Senate Intelligence committee, as a qualification for his candidacy, was in attendance less than 30% of the time over an eight year period.

His attendance this year, based on votes, in the Senate, is even worse having only 14 votes out of 114 possible as of August 2. The Senator has received FULL compensation from the government even though their are rules which should dock his pay for the minimal work he has done for the Senate this year.

These are just a couple of facts to ponder when considering John Kerry when you go to the polls this November.

www.factcheck.org
A Bush-Cheney '04 ad released Aug. 13 accuses Kerry of being absent for 76% of the Senate Intelligence Committee's public hearings during the time he served there. The Kerry campaign calls the ad "misleading," so we checked, and Bush is right.

Official records show Kerry not present for at least 76% of public hearings held during his eight years on the panel, and possibly 78% (the record of one hearing is ambiguous).

www.mensnewsdaily.com
The Senate Ethics Committee rejected a complaint filed against Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) for continuing to draw a paycheck despite having missed most of the legislative session this year while campaigning for president. At the time of the filing, Kerry had voted only 14 times out of the Senate's 112 votes this year.

Secretary of the Senate Emily Reynolds was also named in the complaint, citing her responsibility to enforce the federal statute that requires she make deductions from a senator's paycheck for absence. In a letter to American Conservative Union Chairman David Keene, Reynolds refused to enforce the statute because her predecessors had not done so in other cases.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is what Senator Kerry should be explaining, his long record representing Massachucetts in the government, not his 4+ months service in Vietnam.

grammar: ed

[edit on 8/27/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Maybe the good people of Massachusetts should do what alot of Californians did in 1980...

Reagen for President!!!
Anything to get him out of California

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
interesting that this came from a Centrist/Nuetralist. I really wish we could focus on what Kerry did in congress, but he has done nothing so we have the Vietnam debate. What a Sorry state of affairs. Rant, I'm willing to bet that Californians would rather have Reagan than Massachusetts would have back Kerry.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
and, on a related note-

are U.S. citizens really represented by bush?

(i know i'm not).

-----

"don't elect bush AGAIN in 2004".

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
As a side note, I find it interesting that Kerry's wife is causing him to lose support in the mid-west. check out this link.

www.startribune.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm not surprised Terry Kerry is causing John Kerry to loose
support. She's not 1st Lady Material. YUK. Barbara and
Laura Bush are class acts. Terry Kerry may be rich, but she's
just a classless wanna' be.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
As a side note, I find it interesting that Kerry's wife is causing him to lose support in the mid-west. check out this link.

www.startribune.com...

Is is really Kerry's wife or more of the same Republican disinfo about Kerry's wife causing him to lose support?

From the article:

Hartinger showed me a copy of an e-mail from some dark conspiracy wing-nut corner of the Internet, an e-mail that has been passing around the bar.

"BEWARE OF MRS. JOHN KERRY," it said, detailing how Kerry's foreign-born wife, Teresa, seized the Heinz fortune and uses it to support radicals and international terrorists. This is a well-worn calumny: The would-be First Lady of This Great Land is a foreign Pickle Baroness who supports terror. And I am Norm Coleman's love child.

But just because it's wacko doesn't mean it isn't working.

Star Trib is a great stand up paper IMO (though somewhat left). But it represents it's readership well. I use to do their polling.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Im originally from Boston and I know i'm not represented by Bush.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Rant, you are right, but the point is, She is causing him problems. Whether she deserves it or not, as you said this is a left leaning paper. I personally don't like it, but She will be a part of the election, just like Hillary was for Clinton.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought up Kerry's voting/attendance record because that is what the focus should be on. Has he offered any explanation for this?

This link has a lot of valuable information. You can click on "voting record" and it will tell IF he voted and how he voted. It is also interesting to note that if you click on "Issue Positions" they show that he has been asked over 26 times (and who has asked him) to make his positions public for this site and yet he has refused.

www.vote-smart.org...

I think Kerry has a lot of explaining to do!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm not surprised Terry Kerry is causing John Kerry to loose
support. She's not 1st Lady Material. YUK. Barbara and
Laura Bush are class acts. Terry Kerry may be rich, but she's
just a classless wanna' be.

This is class?

top topics

join