It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: 77: Occupation of New York, Charles Hall Interview, Valhall from "TheHinkyMeter.com" Int

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We now have Valhall on from thehinkymeter.com discussing the Valerie and Charles Dyer case. Very interesting subject and Val is very knowledgeable on it.
edit on 1-10-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Americanist

Other than insulting staff while typing anonymously behind a keyboard, do you have anything of substance to add to the topic?

The show, the staff, ATS members and topics are open to all nationalities, including those in Merry ol' England....just an FYI in case there was some confusion.

Thanks for listening. Must be a good show to keep one hanging on and commenting with such colorful and strong opinions

edit on October 1st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

To preface my remarks... This was the 2nd show I've heard on ATS. The first I can't even recall it was so long ago. This one I cut out as soon as American History got boring for someone. Wouldn't happen to be you would it?

Some solid advice... If you're going to build on knowledge as you grow, seek out the sturdiest foundations.

I said I was not real good with American History when I was asked a very specific question. Sorry, im a science and law geek with my degree being in Criminal Foresnics (3.7 GPA). So no, I am not good at American History trivia. I do not read much on it and spend my time studying science and law.

So again, besides being an anonymous keyboard warrior insulting staff, do you have anything of substance to speak regarding the topic you seem to be an expert on? We are waiting for your rebutal on the specifics on what was discussed tonight.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So again, besides being an anonymous keyboard warrior insulting staff, do you have anything of substance to speak regarding the topic you seem to be an expert on? We are waiting for your rebutal on the specifics on what was discussed tonight.

Again: Aren't you also typing anonymously behind a keyboard? Or is you real life name really "greeneyedleo"?

I think you should stop bringing up the anonymous thing. It is a moot point. Look around you - all of us are anonymous here. The staff and moderators too.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll

Again: Aren't you also typing anonymously behind a keyboard? Or is you real life name really "greeneyedleo"?

I think you should stop bringing up the anonymous thing. It is a moot point. Look around you - all of us are anonymous here. The staff and moderators too.

No. I am not. Nor are anyone on the ATS Live show.

I shall stop here since your soul purpose to insult staff and argue about the insults.

Have a great night!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

Actually, if you go here...

atslive.abovetopsecret.com...

You can see all of our names.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No. I am not. Nor are anyone on the ATS Live show.

I shall stop here since that is your soul purpose to insult staff and argue about the insults.

Have a great night!

Yes, you are anonymous, and no, I am not insulting anyone, just poiting out the obvious which is plain for all to see. And thank you for stopping here.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

Actually, if you go here...

atslive.abovetopsecret.com...

You can see all of our names.

Yes, I can see your first names..? I assume you all have more than just a first name in real life, yes?

You are all anonymous, like I said. So there is really no point in picking on members for stating an opinion under their ATS nic.
edit on 1-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: Spelling

edit on 1-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone that listened tonight. And thank you to Charles Hall and Valhall for some great interviews tonight.

See ya next week folks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Other than insulting staff while typing anonymously behind a keyboard, do you have anything of substance to add to the topic?

The show, the staff, ATS members and topics are open to all nationalities, including those in Merry ol' England....just an FYI in case there was some confusion.

Thanks for listening. Must be a good show to keep one hanging on and commenting with such colorful and strong opinions

To preface my remarks... This was the 2nd show I've heard on ATS. The first I can't even recall it was so long ago. This one I cut out as soon as American History got boring for someone. Wouldn't happen to be you would it?

Some solid advice... If you're going to build on knowledge as you grow, seek out the sturdiest foundations.

I said I was not real good with American History when I was asked a very specific question. Sorry, im a science and law geek with my degree being in Criminal Foresnics (3.7 GPA). So no, I am not good at American History trivia. I do not read much on it and spend my time studying science and law.

Why would a person be compelled to post their GPA outside of match.com or in front of a job interview? I had a good friend spout off 4.0 at every available opportunity. This worked up until the day he tried to print his resume on my laptop, and it sent to Microsoft OneNote by accident. Oooops...

I must praise your dedication to law and science then, but leading us straight to the point. If you're an expert in common law, you must know its origins far beyond the birth of our Nation. And as for science, I'm sure you've traced cell receptors determining which chemicals induce everything from the ultimate libido to lethargy. Well, perhaps you're more exclusive to time and cause of death.

Having your specific background affords you the ability to analyze and convey behavioral traits on both sides of the fence, sift through outcomes more adequately, and... (presumably an "if" based on your last performance) indulge for a moment the struggles of our founding fathers coupled with the 99% in order to put a fresh stamp on the conversation. Unfortunately, you're just "not real good" instead.

You know what's their calling card? The part everyone needs to read:

Occupy Wall Street

edit on 1-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I thank you for tuning in, but I do find a difficult time finding focus from the movement..

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give CEO’s exorbitant bonuses.
They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace.
They have poisoned the food supply, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
They have continuously sought to end the rights of workers to negotiate their pay and make complaints about the safety of their workplace.
They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.
They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them.
They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.
They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty book keeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.
They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.
They have participated in a directly racist action by accepting the contract from the State of Georgia to murder Troy Davis.

While I can agree with some of the above, I cannot agree with all... Is this an all or nothing deal? If it is I cannot sign on.. I suspect many others feel the same.

I do enjoy the freedom that the country affords us to protest, and applaud those that do, but I do think a specific point should be made if you are trying to rally support to the cause, that list doesn't present itself in a clear manner..

IMO of course

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hi again.

I have a time slot on next weeks show - from 9.30pmEDT for you all booked in if you'd like to come and discuss this with us in a frank and civilised manner? We can call you if you haven't got Skype, or can't afford the phone charges - all you need to do is give me a number to call.

Please let me know in thread if you'd like to take up this offer.

edit on 1/10/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

You mean it doesn't provide an answer?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

What's the answer?.. I missed it.. All I saw was a list of complaints, and as I said earlier, I can agree with some of the complaints, I cannot buy the entire list..

What's the answer? What's the End Goal?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm moving next weekend, but the last thing I'll pack is the laptop... I can get back with you shortly. Same exact topic and what else?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

What's the answer?.. I missed it.. All I saw was a list of complaints, and as I said earlier, I can agree with some of the complaints, I cannot buy the entire list..

What's the answer? What's the End Goal?

To use common sense. When you've experienced a list of wrongs what is your first instinct? Mine is to author a fix.

I could go point by point and provide an answer with the exception of Troy who's dead. He used a clever play on words the last I heard his defense, but he has come and gone same as the police officer.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Guys, you know me, and I love you. I've used my name on the Chat, I've sent my name and address to you to get my prizes for the After Midnight Show (still waiting) and it's easily findable for those who dig. So I'm not mr anonymous posting here.

I normally support you guys 100% even when I disagree... but last night was just wrong.

I would have called in but I actually got to pissed off to think, let alone form a cogent sentence.

Calling this a movement of hundreds of pimply faced kids tantamount to lying.

Let's break this down. MSM like yahoo have reported numbers like 400.... yet 700 were arrested. I'm not great at math but those fractions seem off...

Those arrested were only a small fraction of the people protesting. The number escalates above thousands in NY alone. I have friends who were there who say it could easily be over 10k. That does not take in to account the thousands in satellite cities with protests. And the numbers are growing every day.

Now, as to pimply faced kids.

That is blatant yellow journalism. There are hundreds of easily accessable videos on the net showing that this is kids to grandparents protesting and from my reporting on our local protest I can prove it.

Just overlook the white hair and all those middle aged people and continue if you want, but the fact that many labor unions are joining in should, out of common sense, tell you the participation comes from droves of middle aged people.

Hundreds of videos are popping up showing who are protesting which are throughout the threads which you could watch. I like this one because of the beautiful older ladies:

Or you could have bothered to check out the live feed for a few minutes in preparation for the show.

Yes it is only your opinions as you say Nef, but if your all as a network are broadcast to a world wide audience reporting on a topic so it behooves you collaterally to do a little checking. You all know the MSM is controlled by huge corporations so ATS remains one of the few places to come to get real news.

So now I've spoken my peace.

Love you guys, (even garth - have a great vacation) and your still one of the best places on the web for news.

love,
piano

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

The interesting thing is that I didn't refer to the protestors as "pimply faced kids". I used that specific reference to those people who saw fit to release the personal details of a serving police officer, inlcluding name, address and telephone number onto the internet with no regard to his, or his families personal safety at the hands of criminals who he may have arrested or been involved in taking down.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of hyperbole eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I believe it was two others who said that on the show last night Nef even if it wasn't you

Any way to post the feed so we can verify?

Anyways, I'm done. I remain one or the biggest fans of the show. Catch you next week

ETA, i'm off to take pictures of todays local protest tie-in

edit on 2-10-2011 by pianopraze because: eta

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I initially made the comment and stand by it

Regardless of the age of the protestors, the pimple faced comment applies and I mean no disrespect to those that suffer with acne.

Some people grow up late, some never grow up at all

Protests need to be focused and centered in an issue everyone can understand and get behind

Also protests are not the "end all", they must be tied to the adult end where lobbying and political pressure can be applied to initiate real change.

Most of these people probably voted for Obama and now they are complaining about the very change they wanted. Sour Grapes

Maybe they could get a "Stimulus Package"

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I initially made the comment and stand by it

Regardless of the age of the protestors, the pimple faced comment applies and I mean no disrespect to those that suffer with acne.

Some people grow up late, some never grow up at all

Protests need to be focused and centered in an issue everyone can understand and get behind

Also protests are not the "end all", they must be tied to the adult end where lobbying and political pressure can be applied to initiate real change.

Most of these people probably voted for Obama and now they are complaining about the very change they wanted. Sour Grapes

Maybe they could get a "Stimulus Package"

You might stand by your words, but it's a highly plausible fact few are buying them these days. I didn't bother listening that far in primarily because the show projected an air of culmination into London, the use of bullets, and to egg on the police from the onset. The conversation wandered aimlessly around vague American History and mimicking riots. Who wants your labeling to chase it down with? Now you've gone as far as ridiculing voters who eagerly wanted to change things. These aren't sour grapes... These are people. And since we've already witnessed stimulus packages in the form of QE1 and QE2, I doubt a QE3 would do anything but weaken our purchasing power. The same purchases that put food on the table.

If you want a laugh, try a food analogy and "Can It."

edit on 2-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join