It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family captures haunting face above USS Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.wsmv.com...

HONOLULU, HI (KHON/CNN) - An Australian family claims they captured an incredible image from above the USS Arizona of a face beneath the waters of Pearl Harbor. Susan De Vanny and her family said the face appeared in the shimmering oil in the water above the wrecked ship where it remains as a memorial to the sailors who died during the Dec. 7, 1941 attacks on the Hawaiian harbor.

The picture is in the story and can be found here: i1128.photobucket.com...

I tried to direct link it, but it didn't work.
edit on 1-10-2011 by tncryptogal because: HTML Code is being wonky

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That is like eerie and creepy at the time.

Cool picture.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow that is strange. Almost looks like the face on the Statue of Liberty a bit.
Don't know that much about photography so I have no idea if this could be/is faked or not.
Interesting story nonetheless OP. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If that is real there is no way its just coincidense

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

Really? I see the image but it has way too much detail for me... in color no less. I do find it interesting that the right side of the images face appears to be missing...
Injury from the blast?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Can you say Photoshop? LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
hey thats me ;D
anyway... i think that is just a coincident

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks like a face from Ancient Greek art.

2nd

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Definitely interesting! Probably just a coincidence though.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'v seen pictures like this, such as "god's hands in sky", it's very interesting.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Witchhhh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Anybody can look at a pic like this and say "photoshop".

It takes real talent and knowledge in order to back that claim up though. There are plenty of folks on this board who are very knowledgable about video and photo editing. I'll wait 'till one of them chimes in before I make any snap judgement calls.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Cool pic indeed however I am not an authority on photography so I am not going to make a judgement. Have to say a lot of detail in this one tho. thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This s a really interesting picture but I am not sure if it is real. As many people have said, there just seems to be too much detail in the photo. If it is real, it is great evidence!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just the way the light hits the oil slick. It is eerie, but I don't think that there is anything supernatural here nor do I think it was Photoshopped.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

That's what I was thinking too. It isn't photoshopped, it's a trick of the light and the sheen on the water. However, that is one heck of an eerie coincidence. I would be freaked out by it if I saw it on my digital camera.

Glad everyone found it interesting.

Edit to add: It reminded me of the ghost faces in the Two Towers, when Golem was leading them through the marshes. That's what it reminded me of.
edit on 4-10-2011 by tncryptogal because: added something

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Just the way the light hits the oil slick. It is eerie, but I don't think that there is anything supernatural here nor do I think it was Photoshopped.

Have to agree about there being nothing supernatural about it. Not so sure it isn't photoshopped though.But I'm not an expert. It is an interesting photo either way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That is a neat image. I can't of course declare without a doubt that it is real or faked (and anyone who claims they can is just silly) but I would like to see the face in context. This looks to be cropped from a larger image due to the size of the surface waves. Is the uncropped photo available? To me, this looks like it could be a trick of the light on a sub-surface object creating a Pareidolia like effect. Neat nonetheless, might have to add it to my "someday wallpapers" folder.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It seems to just be an illusion based on lighting/ etc. Still a cool picture.

new topics

top topics

join