It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Accomplishments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

So you don't think the sniping of Somalia pirates had any influence on their future actions? It was a heavy message no? I see your point too in that the entire arena of politics could be considered a dog and pony show, but still, after reading all the items from the linked source, maybe he should be given a little credit?

spec
I just don't think he(President Obama) had anything to do with it. Here's a clue: Know what happens in the military when a new president is inaugurated? They change all the official wall portraits from the "ex pres" to the "new pres".

A navy seal got into position ahalf a world away to put his cross hairs on the "pirate"; depending on the "rules of engagement" they may or may not have had the authorization to apply deadly force. He received the authorization.The seal applied his training and hard won marksmanship skills and fired a fatal round. killing his target. The seal sees the face of the14 year old somali "pirate" kid explode forever in his dreams: I doubt the pres missed his "tee" time.
same with binladen/Al-Awaki: Thousands of hours of intelligence collection and analysis (involving hundreds of skilled people) took place locating them. Al-Awaki was killed by remote control by a drone flying pilot from somewhere in the states( Nevada probably). Binladen killed by special ops "operators"ontheground with years of training and battle experience Under their belts. The community organizer in chief("COIC") happened to be in the right chair at the right time.The military/intelligence apparatus runs 24/7.
edit on 1-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

obamas greatest accomplishment the on going destruction of this country.

next up class warfare

next up the blame game

looks like you started the blame game

class warfare? bring it. you wont hear any complaints from me when the rich get taxed.

lol i could see it now, a bunch of rich old men standing outside the white house paying for ppl to hold up signs for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes and that list is nothing but words not action. Houses are still being foreclosed at a high rate, the economy stinks, unemployment is still high, college education is a rip off. I can go on and on about that list, but I rather just save my breath because no matter what I say as a person it will not change anything. So I am just dealing with it, but as for him getting credit? I don't know.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

obviously no complaints about taking money from other people but you will sure as hell start complaining

when the government puts their hands in your wallet.

didnt start anything here the current potus did long ago.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
You read that list and see "accomplishments"; I read that list and see many abominations.

In other words... You'd be happy if everything on that list were the exact opposite.

You serve your masters well!
Way to go putting words in my mouth.
Never said that, in some cases the opposite would have been just as bad.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes and that list is nothing but words not action.

Agree to disagree there man. While I do see some words more than actions, I see numerous actions on that list with references LIST. I do appreciate your stance though, and I hope this info helps more than harms, but it is politics huh?

And maybe I should exclude an effort to giving him 'more' credit, and stick to getting 'more' truth than what we are fed through the "blamestreammediaS" (credited to Colbert), as in details in full.

spec
edit on 1-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Ok so more accurately - there's nothing Obama can do to please you. Understood!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

We both have different stances on the issue, but we both hope for a better outcome. I respect your constructive criticism on the issue, and yes political rhetoric seems to cloud the visions of average Americans, but hopefully we can survive this roller coaster ride as one.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Made my day neighbor, thanks!
I wish we could start by taking all the money out of the dang campaigning, it is ridiculous, and so many good intentions get sucked into contribution constituency. I'm with you though in hoping for the best, and maybe we have hit rock bottom and real paradigm changes can occur. Oops, my glass is almost half full, better top it off.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ok so more accurately - there's nothing Obama can do to please you. Understood!
He could resign. Look, I understand that he is just a puppet, but he is and always has been an avowed marxist. I am opposed to growing government. Government is the least efficient way of delivering any type of service or fulfilling almost any type of need. Especially large central governments. Large central governments also suffer from a near total lack of accountability. Our government is too large and has assumed way to many powers. We need to return to a government that follows the constitution instead of seeing it as an obstacle in their path.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well, tough s--t. I don't see anyone resigning simply because the opposition doesn't like him. Resignation certainly wasn't on the table under Bush - and like those of us who were unhappy with his choices, you're just going to have to grow a set and deal with it.

Just keep counting down the days till Nov 2 2012 and be sure to vote for whomever the GOP tells you

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We need to return to a government that follows the constitution instead of seeing it as an obstacle in their path.

I'm with this notion too, but we have to take the money out of the situation, so that Wall St does not have such major influence over congress. Both the gov and the private industry are pursuing maimum profits, instead of what once was more productive, viability, and that is where so much trouble starts. Too much greed gets a response of more regulations, too many regulations spawns tax evasion, off shore accounts and, well more greed.
All I can think of is take the money out of campaigning and add true transparency, as in no behind door deals and televised gov processes maybe. We'll need good luck wished for this to happen though.

spec

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

I am voting for Ron Paul, even if I have to write him in. I am not a republican. Republicans are, by and large, just as screwed up as the democrats.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Good!

I'm glad I can count on you to help with Obama's re-election!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I replied to an earlier thread about Bill Cinton wanting more credit for his time in office, mainly because of all the bashing. Obama gets the same treatment, and so does Bush. All three have their shortcomings and faults, so how about telling me who of the three, in your opinion did the most good while in office. Also keep in mind that Bush's popularity was low seemed poised to lose the election before 9/11 happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Good!

I'm glad I can count on you to help with Obama's re-election!
You really don't understand at all, do you? Obama is the scum of the earth. Just like 99% of the other politicians out there. if Ron Paul doesn't get elected, it doesn't matter who else does. Whoever it is will be a puppet just like Obama. I believe that only Ron Paul MAY NOT be a puppet to TPTB.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You remind me of... well... a young me! "Ralph Nader will really shake things up!"

Go ahead and waste your vote - it's *YOUR* right

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
humiliated trump to the point where he quit his campaign and shut his big yapper

big high five to potus for that !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Then maybe that was his only most noticeable accomplishment as a president? Hahahaha, I hated Trump anyways.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its kind of a failed OP.

Here is the real list of accomplishments:

Among other things, since taking office Obama has: Obama Fact Sheet Flyer - Waged war on Libya without congressional approval - Started a covert, drone war in Yemen - Escalated the proxy war in Somalia - Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan - Maintained the military occupation of Iraq - Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan - Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries - Sold a record $60 billion of weapons to Saudi Arabia - Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia - Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan - Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster - Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal" - Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports - Signed the Patriot Act extension into law - Continued Bush's rendition program

stpeteforpeace.org...

There are hundreds more on the page. Its going to take a while to read them all.

Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join