It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

sorry but the bs is on wall streeet and those who support that stupidity

come on now comrade the ends justify the means

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

why they are already doing a fine job of making themselves look like idiots

i have better things to do at the moment like sitting here on ats and argue with the other communists

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I hope your right. And they're not infiltrating instead

link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

yeah yeah sorry wall street lives with the confines of what the government dictates as what as what the federal reserve dictates.

missing the point here 10k in 1913 would be worth over 220k today

whose screwing who here

link   

Originally posted by bo12au
reply to post by Cinaed

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Foreign and DOMESTIC.

To point out, the oath is also saying the member will defend the Constitution BEFORE taking orders from the President and the officers above them.

At least that is my interpretation and how I live by that very oath.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

yeah keep sucking that government teet and you think its bad now

you aint seen nothing yet

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

wall street cant do a damn thing without the approval of the government

thats a fact and whats also a fact is the majority of wall street wealth

isnt made here its made elsewhere and thats why trillions of wealth are sitting offshore

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

LOL it WAS a rhetorical question
but I like the way you roll

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The children of our children will learn about this in their school text books, no matter how it will end.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
reply to post by Cinaed

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Foreign and DOMESTIC.

Thats right ALL military should join this... both active and vets... GO MARINES! anyone else? Navy? Army? Reserves? ...."We the People......

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
The children of our children will learn about this in their school text books, no matter how it will end.

The question is... do you want your grandchildren to be sitting on chairs with JPM printed on the back while reading those books? Or do you want them to be sitting in a publicly owned, well funded, teaching from the principle of equality, kind of school?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

why they are already doing a fine job of making themselves look like idiots

Pardon me, but I cannot tell if that is supposed to be a question (which ends with '?') or if you mean to say: "Why, they are already doing a great job of making themselves look like idiots." or maybe: "Why? They are already doing a fine job of making themselves look like idiots!" Seriously, man, I am all for experimental uses of grammar and syntax but only if I can clearly understand your point.

Nonetheless, I can parse enough of the above to reply (I think anyway). They don't look like idiots any more than Tea Party members look at their protests, or any other group for that matter. Peaceful protest is part of America. It is not disrespectful, dishonest, unpatriotic, or idiotic. I may disagree with 90% of what the Tea Party protests ABOUT but I would never call a Tea Party protest 'idiotic'.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Hmmmm.... very skeptical about this "help"

They will "help" them "protest" by moving them away and into "free speech zones..."

As noted above, these are induvidual vetrans heading up there on their own volition.. not under any orders per se

And they won't have weapons and will be treated the same as any other demonstrator. If they try and get physical with the cops they will learn one Marine is not enough against six cops with batons and Tasers.

One well trained marine could take down 3 cops around his same size no problem. He might have to use lethal force in doing so. I think they would restrain themselves from doing so.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by hawkiye

wall street cant do a damn thing without the approval of the government

thats a fact and whats also a fact is the majority of wall street wealth

isnt made here its made elsewhere and thats why trillions of wealth are sitting offshore

The five companies do what ever they want on wall street. It is all the little guys that must live by government regulation. That is the point of regulation to crush the competition. People have been waiting for years for JP Morgan to eat there massive silver shorts but lo and behold every time it looks like they are going to eat it the markets suddenly drop and they are able to cover the shorts just fine. Amzing how regulators just look the other way over and over. This is just one example. These elite to big to fails control the markets and the government lap dogs.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

These military guys aren't stupid.

They know that if the government (via the police) tries to rough them up or mistreat them in any way, apart from having to handle people 'of their own size' for a change, the ptb will be more than aware that the Vet's brothers and sisters on the front lines might not be so eager to carry out the wars for profit if that's the level of respect they get in return from those ordering them into the #e from behind safe, expensive desks.

It's a really nice thing to hear about.

It shows that the military is made up of patriots to the constitution and the people, who are willing to make good on their oaths to protect them against enemies both foreign AND domestic.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

One well trained marine could take down 3 cops around his same size no problem. He might have to use lethal force in doing so. I think they would restrain themselves from doing so.

I think you are living in movie land my friend. Marines do not get that much hand to hand training thier focus is more on weaponry. It really depends on the individual cops and or Marines. Unless he has had some extra martial arts training a single Marine is unlikely to take down 3 cops especially if one of more of the cops has any extra martial arts training. there are always exceptions to the rule but that is not the norm.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

To point out, the oath is also saying the member will defend the Constitution BEFORE taking orders from the President and the officers above them.

At least that is my interpretation and how I live by that very oath.

That is exactly correct Skewed..it is before the rest, so therefore takes precedence over the rest.

That's how it's written, that's how i take it too.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

regulation doesnt do a damn thing but to kill wealth and job creation

wanna know what the average salary is for someone on wall street?

for example the salary for stock traders is between 150k to 250k

middle class for some too bloody rich for others.

lets forget the fact of the millions and billions wall street pumps into new yorks local and state economies.

hell take a look at new york and california one has wall street one doesnt and one has an over riding poltical ideology of spread the wealth.

destroy wall steet and you destroy this country there are no if ands or buts.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by whywhynot

Good for the US Marine Corps!

Never thought i'd actually say that in my lifetime being a Brit, but monster Kudos to the guys in uniform standing up for the people.

To whywhynot:

(2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.

There is no higher 'authority' than the people.

They are people, and they are competent...i'd say that qualifies themselves as competent authority to decide to wear the uniforms they have earned.

GO MARINES!

That is why I said that I wasn't commenting on the protest simply the outcome if they choose to wear their uniforms. Your "competent authority argument may sound good to you but I am sure that you know that it would not be respected by civil and military authorities.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dagobert

yeah sorry i should be calling them terrorists and racists and a myriad of other names

aw shucks i hurt their poor little ol feelings

no wait i really dont care

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join