It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Semper Fi, do or die! Gung ho! Gung ho! Gung ho!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

"Winter is coming" is far less about weather than it is a reference to George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones.
It is appropriate here regardless of season because the long, dark night is upon us.
This country has real issues to face. I do not disagree with that. But this isn't the way.
Too many, in my opinion, are just seeking the temporary fix of being against something without carefully weighing the outcomes.
This country, for all its faults, and all its setbacks, has the most sound foundation for group liberty in the history of mankind. Those who talk about ripping it all down should just leave. Yes, that's right, I just became an "America: Love it or leave it" person.
Now, that doesn't mean that it can't be tough love. But people aren't really looking at the big picture.
A mish mash of complaints and ideals wandering about the streets of NY isnt' going to fix anything.
It's a distraction.

Maybe somebody should look into what else is happening while we all sit here aruging about Occupy Wallstreet.
I do agree that there are people out to get the people of this country.
Let's at least try not to play right into their hands.

Uphold and defend the Constitution.
Rebalance Federal over reach with appropriate state's rights as per the Constitution.
When a mere 545 people hold all the political power, of course they can be bought.
That's why the power was supposed to be distributed among the states in the first place.

That's my manifesto.
edit on 2-10-2011 by watcher3339 because: number pad typo

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

Your view of a conservative is very stereo typed, just as many are stating and seeing only stereo type liberals. I don't agree with how lots of liberals would *fix* things but I see their well intended passion to make a better world being misdirected.

Wall Street is not the problem or the enemy, Wall Street is the by product of a corrupt Government and FED. Put pressure on the right enemy and many conservatives would get involved

I'm a moderate.

I use to be a fire breathing conservative, and thus quite familiar with the agenda I use to help promote. So I'm no longer under any spell cast by grand illusionists hiding what conservatism is really about as I am quite inmate with its core motives, and how from their propaganda machine functions in dissimulating America apple pie designed to cloak their true agenda which is to have a delusional minority ranking about 30% of this country help them deliver this country into their billionaire plutocratic hands in the end.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed

I was referring to the civil rights protests, I saw them and how they played out. What does England have to do with it?

Nothing in that context.

I think the current generation is not very versed in how a peaceful protest works. MLK even had the freedom riders sign a contract promising to be non violent no matter what happened. Many were arrested.... some down right brutalized. That is what woke American's up and rallied them to the protestors defense

True

Watch the footage of cops sic'ing dogs on the protestors and get back with me....Read OUR history

Which version the Southern right wing version? The American mainstream version? Any number of the many international versions of American History? I've read most version just to let you know.

These protestors have much to learn, and it seems most are not even willing to listen to those who have seen change making protest with their own eyes.

So help teach them. I would suggest though not to lecture them. That might be why some may not be listening those who are trying to offer them advice by way of lecturing to them. The opinion shows lately are rampant with lecturing protesters. Lecturing is perceived as nonconstructive criticism by most.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I consider myself on the conservative side of Libertarian beliefs. While I understand the protestors wanting change, the KIND of change is important to everyone. The way they try to achieve it matters too

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

One side wants to heavenly regulate, the ultimate being cap & trade. and the other side wants total deregulation.

So the question of what kind of change happens become now who win in the end because there is no reconciling this one. The Koch-s and Soros-s of the world have made sure it can't at this point. Both camps seem to want a war. The Rove-s and Al gore-s will make sure one happens too.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

That's why The People need to come together and unite in cause. It CAN be done if everyone would see the middle is where balance is achieved

I know what you are saying and that is why everyone is holding their breath. As long as the population lets left/right, young/old, rich/poor divide us, we are doomed

I feel like I should quote that cheesy Mel Gibson line, "unite the clans!'

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by loveguy

now theres a leap if i ever saw one.

equal success is a racket equal wealth redistribution that ends up with everyone in the poor house.

There we have it folks.
Equality is just a word in the dictionary!

Wonder if the "equality" you seek is restricted to those within the boundaries of your country/region or across the globe. If the latter, you might think of first giving up your computer until everyone in the world can afford one. If the former, wonder what the justification is.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

You're grossly under estimating these protesters. The other day I was watching a clip of an interview of one protester who is a foreign policy major. Looked like he just got back from hiking in the Alaskan wilderness. These protesters seem to be educated, young and hardy.

Anyway time will tell.

Regarding your last point, make sure you are interpreting the U.S. Constitution post American Civil War. Like Ron Paul for example has a pre ACW interpretation. Make sure your interpretations are current. Your views don't have to be however.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: grammar

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have to get to work but I will be peeking in during my down time to see if any Marines appear at the protest today.

So far I still have yet to see on any stream or hear verification any have showed up.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Clinton was a moderate and united the country and the far right had him impeached. Nixon believe it or not was a moderate (Goldwater exampling right wing extremism of the era) and the far left had him impeached. We are a nation of two nations within. So one side is simply going to have to be the winner in a winner takes all showdown if we are to move on in any direction.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by Cinaed

Clinton was a moderate and united the country and the far right had him impeached. Nixon believe it or not was a moderate (Goldwater exampling right wing extremism of the era) and the far left had him impeached. We are a nation of two nations within. So one side is simply going to have to be the winner in a winner takes all showdown if we are to move on in any direction.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

You're right.
If both sides are actually following their principles* then neither will compromise.

*Politicians don't actually have principles

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i sitting here laughing at the "neo i hate you and your a meathead" comment few pages ago thats a real adult conversationalist.

and im also sitting here laughing at the union comments when billions of union and government pensions are invested at wall street.

get between a union and their money yeah seal your fate alright.
edit on 2-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hawkiye said in his comment: "...Yeah many of these kids are misguided Marxists but that does not mean this could not be a catalyst for bringing people together over a common cause. Educating the masses is a long arduous task we don't have time for...."

Agreed, Hawkiye. The false left/right paradigm needs to end; the us vs. them needs to end; all measures designed by TPTB to keep us divided need to end. We must unite under the areas to which we agree, and worry about the other areas later.

Anyway, the following video is amazing, imo.
Nader, Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich Speak to Occupy Wall Street:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by Cinaed

Clinton was a moderate and united the country and the far right had him impeached. Nixon believe it or not was a moderate (Goldwater exampling right wing extremism of the era) and the far left had him impeached.

Clinton got himself impeached due to his own questionable activities and didn't resign, Nixon was never impeached. He resigned due to his own questionable activities, But I'm sure you already knew that.

Right?

We are a nation of two nations within. So one side is simply going to have to be the winner in a winner takes all showdown if we are to move on in any direction.

No...

It's called a Republic for a reason.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I get what you are saying about lecturing tone and I have voiced the same comments further back this thread myself. The problem as I see it is most of the youth behind the protestors do not WANT to hear anything contrary to their desire to WIN no matter how victory is achieved. No matter if they have the wrong tyrant. They want to lash out at anyone not agreeing with them.

They can't win without public support...long as they insist they are going to be DEAF to the general public's input, not much can be done to teach anyone, anything.

I just keep talking hoping to catch the attention of any of them willing to listen. I am trying to be neutral in tone but I admit it is frustrating to see so many pounding on the wrong wall. Directing their anger against the very public they need for any hope of victory makes no sense at all

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx
OOOOH...I hope that this is true! It's about time. I can't wait to see the videos of local police trying to "take down" or hush US Armed Forces in full dress. For all of you on ATS who stated that this "Occupy Wall Street Thing" won't work...think again. This is just a start. This is what we pay our soldiers to protect...OUR FREEDOM.

OK. I just thought again. My conclusion is the same. Nothing will change without violence and bloodshed. A couple military volunteering to go down to a do-nothing protest doesn't change that.

The criminals in power aren't going to give up their crimes or their money or their screwing of the populace. They control most facets of the government, legal system and all media. The system will never be fixed, it has to be burned to the ground.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Salt water never fails to well up in my eyes each time I pass by a veteran's memorial, regardless of which nation I go to. The US Marines were often in the thick of it, from the shores of Normandy to the desert sands of Middle East.

I often think of the Marines in their boats as they wait to storm the shores. Plenty must have gone through their minds - gals or babies left behind, careers, etc. They were not bankers or rich folks. They were only simple guys, with simple desires - a roof, a job, a car and a future.

Yet as their boats reaches the shore, as the ramps open, they surged forward, knowing full well that they will face oncomming bullets and have their hopes and dreams snuffed. They never falthered or quit. And through their bravery, they gave us our todays, just as the founding fathers, from the generals to the irregulars, did too. We owe them so much, a debt of honour that is priceless except for our care and concern for their generations, to leave none behind and progress together as one.

When even such soldiers, descendents of their illustrious namesakes, as well as combat veterans of the corporate led senseless recent wars stand alongside civilians UNARMED seeking for alleviation from the leaders, may the police forces treat them with respect.

There will be hell and badblood for generations if civilians and the vets get manhandled brutally or worse shot/tortured/maimed by the police, whom got to exist today only because of the vets and their fathers' courage and determination to be free from enslavement.

The police best becareful as they are supposed to protect citizens, more so when they had received millions of dollars as supposed 'donations' by corporate entities, a bribe by another name to act unconscionably as the corporate entities had done so to citizens.

Some feel that the protest will change nothing. But nothing can be further from the truth. That citizens could give up their time and effort to be there to courageously voice their concerns instead of enjoying other pursuits of life is a testament to the will of the people.

It is not the numbers there, though it would help if it was more, but rather, what was being voiced that matters. Should the masses be ignored and no correction of errors made, then the crowd will only a hell lot bigger soon and no one knows how it may end up, but one thing for sure, the voices of the People will not and never be silenced if change is not made and soon.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We should just all have one massive civil war and whoever survives with like mind ... wins.
edit on 2-10-2011 by AgentC because: restructure

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

The system is fine, it's just the occupants are the problem, erase and take them from the equation and that will allow The 99% to reassume it's rightful control.

If we burn everything to the ground we are effectively doing TPTB's job for them by making it that much easier to take us totally over. The way everything is setup now is that it works as a firewall to prevent total control from occurring.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join