It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
God, I love this country! You have the right to protest.. but we will still incarcerate 500 of you just because we need the scrilla!

If I was driving down the road and 700 idiots were in it...id want them arrested too...how dumb do you have to be to protest in the street...its a pain for everyone who needs that street who doesn't care one way or another about this protest.

They were arrested for blocking the street.....rightfully so.

Guess that is the problem, people drive down the road and don't give even a moment of their time to look at the world around them and care about the plight of their neighbors....This is why the average american is referred to as sheep. That is one of most crass and selfish statements I have heard, that you would rather save five minutes of travel time than to take a right, two lefts, and a right for the better good......Sorry, that is exactly how we ended up in this situation, 'Me, Me, Me.' Doesn't affect me, so what do I care?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bob33

Illuminati card game

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Just to clarify a few misconceptions here. There will be Active-Duty Soldiers and Veterans represented at the occupation of Wall Street and other places as well. This is not unusual, there are always vets in the crowd, always. That movement will intensify. Vets and soldiers coming together to protect demonstrators certainly gives the situation another dynamic.There are many instances throughout History where soldiers, wearing their uniforms, have participated in political events. Many Senior Officers make it a habit to show up at right-wing pro-war rallies to show their support in uniform and nothing is said. On the other hand, Officers and enlisted men and women who condemn these endless imperialist wars are more often than not prosecuted for their efforts. As a Viet Nam Vet I have often worn parts of my uniform at demos over the years. As of late I've been wearing the BDU Jacket of a Deserter who gave it to me when he booked from the Army after refusing another deadly deployment. We just happened to have been in the same unit 40 years apart, so the the insignia is correct down to the last thread except for my Americal Division Patch. The following is a quote from a speech I gave in Ansbach Germany in 2009 which speaks, in part, to this issue:

"My name is Darnell Stephen Summers,

I'm a Viet Nam Veteran and believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I'm a member of the Stop The WAR Brigade and the Viet Nam Veterans Against The War(AI). I've been active in the anti-war movement for over 40 years.

Since my arrival in Ansbach earlier this week people have told me that I'm being watched. The authorities are listening to my every word and waiting for an opportunity to arrest me if I insult Public Officials or high ranking US Military Personnel.

They are even worried about my attire, what I'll be wearing. Over the years it has been customary for veterans in the US and abroad, myself included, to wear some form of military attire at anti-war demonstrations. That allowed veterans to be immediately identified as such and it also sent a clear message to the world that resistance inside the US War machine is a reality and growing. Recently I have been wearing articles of clothing from so-called deserters at demonstrations such as this. That hasn't set too well with your bosses. The authorities want to put a stop to that at any cost.

This military installation here in Katterbach has a long, bloody and violent history. A history that no one can or should be proud of. I don't know what your commanders have told you, but judging by how most of you are behaving, I doubt that you really know the truth about anything concerning this base. If you did, considerably more of you would be up in arms about being so cruelly deceived.

On March 21, 1937, the Base here in Katterbach was activated and became the home of the "Condor Legion". A Condor by the way, is a vulture, which feeds on carrion. A brief history of this installation can be found on an Army website which, incidentally, glosses over the crimes that have been committed and many important historical facts. This Installation is literally swimming in blood. It is an abomination. It is an affront to common decency and civilization.

On April 27th 1937, Elements of the Condor Legion, having been earlier transferred to Spain, attacked the Basque "Capitol of Hearts", Guernica. As a result "Carpet Bombing" became a standard military term. Pablo Picasso would later paint his most famous work "Guernica" which depicted the suffering and immense loss of life as a result of that attack, an attack planned and carried out by Spanish fascists and German Nazis. These were some of the same scum that our Fathers, Brothers, Grandfathers & Uncles fought against during WWII. Just to put this all in perspective, I'm 61 years old, I was born in 1947, 10 years after that attack, and I served in Viet Nam which was not so long ago. Some of you who are perhaps listening will never live to see 61 let alone 31. Your lives will be sacrificed for nothing.

After all these years have passed your corrupt-ass government still hasn't learned anything. They are now worse than the Nazis who were defeated and they are dragging you along in tow.It's clear, however, that some of you may know what's going on, now, at this time. The carnage that has been perpetrated reaches far beyond the boundaries of Germany. The suffering was and is international. No one knows exactly how many people have lost their lives because of the existence of this base. Bombs have rained down on innocent victims over a 72 year period. These bombs were carried to their targets by all sorts of aircraft including the German JU 52 and the modem American attack and transport helicopters maintained right here at this base............Two things are certain: Some of you will die in an unjust War, but on the other hand, some will resist and we will do all that's in our power to protect those who have the courage and will to Just Say NO."

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
It would be hard for the soldier quoted in the article to "show up in his dress blues" seeing as the Army doesn't issue dress blues.

You're correct, the Army doesn't issue dress blues.

Ah, but the Marines, Navy, and Air Force do, and he was a Marine vet talking.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by seabag

This, more then anything else, is why "Occupy Wall Street" won't accomplish much more then short-term attention. Lack of focus, lack of cohesive goals, lack of direction and lack of management. It was doomed before it started (as a movement)

I beg to differ, ma'am. I have a different take on it for your consideration.

It's clear that the men behind the curtain here, the folks pulling the strings, are the collectivists. Just pick a list of demands at random and read through it with that in mind, and you'll see it. Another indication is the target they've picked. The gripes are more properly addressed by government, but inexplicably they've sent the crowd to Wall Street. One must wonder why that is, and the answer is that they already have a solid toe hold in government, and don't want to upset the apple cart by directing the protestors to DC, where some remedial action could be expected more so than from a bunch of bean counters in New York. Some of the demand lists specifically address their demands to DC, so why in the hell are they in New York to deliver them? They have a goodly number of these folks hoodwinked, having sold the event with whatever they wanted to hear.

Now they have their mob collected, with some still straggling in.

If this goes true to form as it has in other places with the same folks pulling the strings, they will start sending in organizers, like unions, to try to get this thing organized and give it a more pointed focus and direction. That's when you'll get better view of the Dragon's Head, and that's when the fireworks will start.

This is how it's done. More or less random mobs are collected, with their own individual gripes which are all over the map. The only thing in common is that the people in the mobs are always pissed off about something. The collectivist organizers channel that anger, give it a focus, and start throwing these people against the walls of the collectivists' choosing. It's easier to do with angry folk, whose emotions are already set to stun. You just work up the pitch, point 'em in a direction, and turn 'em loose.

All the while the top dawg organizers stand back from the action and watch the show. You'll never find them in the front. That's what underlings are for.

This serves as notice that it's known who the string-pullers are, and if they get our people hurt by misusing and misdirecting their best intentions, when the dust settles we will hunt them down like rabid dogs. There will be no hole deep enough, no mountain high enough, and no stone will be left unturned. Again, there will be hell to pay.

Not on our watch. Be careful of the wars you wish for.

edit on 2011/10/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
www.jpmorganchase.com...

JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple. The money will pay for 1,000 new patrol car laptops, as well as security monitoring software in the NYPD's main data center.

JP Morgan = Wall street
en.wikipedia.org...

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is an American multinational banking corporation of securities, investments and retail. It is a major provider of financial services, with assets of $2 trillion and according to Forbes magazine is the world's largest public company

edit on 2-10-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by loveguy

handed? wrong word choice worked and earned as opposed to

those sitting on wall street with their hands out

I have worked and earned and scratched and clawed for everything I have, and because of what Wall Street and big banking have done to our economy I can't afford to even try to buy a home.

I am a disabled veteran and I will proudly defend to the death the right of these so called commies to voice their opinions and strive to generate a change.

Remove the money making it's way to DC, remove the special interests that control the government and maybe, just maybe, we can get our national government back to doing it's job, helping and supporting the people of this once great country.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My apologies sir, I have been approaching you wrong.

As I have stated in other posts on this topic,

I will defend to the death your right to free speech and expression.

Whether I agree with it or not.

Opinions are like #holes, we all have them, and most of them stink.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It was with much excitement and hope that I followed the Occupy Wall Street posts over the past 2 weeks or so. But much to my dismay I came across this ATS thread, that in my view seems plausable. Reading this has evapurated my enthusiasm and made my heart sink.

Perhaps our American brothers and sisters are being lead by the nose from the hotplate into the fire without them realising it. In fact, while being under the impression that they are standing up for themselves and also ultimately the world?

Is the New World Order perhaps behind the OWS?

I urge you all to keep an open mind and objectively ask yourself if this is at all possible:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

scary stuff!
edit on 2-10-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
NYPD - american GESTAPO !

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Loveguy, I for one appreciate your support for the cause, but I gotta ask, you're in the middle of the Med?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your delusions are sneaking up on you again, Beezzer.

First, "people like me" have been protesting the government for quite a long time. Of course, in your mind, we don't count since we're... what was it your fellow Objectivist Nozzle called us, "communist marxist progressive liberals," was it?

Second, it doesn't do much good, because of the way the system works. Government's corrupt? Okay, just elect a new one! Government still corrupt? Okay, elect a new one! Government corrupt again? Time to elect a new one! It's pretty much a treadmill. We can throw the bums out, all it does is make way for new bums. It gets us nowhere.

So rather than just doing this over and over and over again, each time hoping for brand new results... Why not just look at what is causing out government to become corrupted? You don't honestly believe that every individual who walks into office is "secretly evil," that the problem rests solely on the individual politicians, do you? That there is absolutely no environmental influence, no fault to lay somewhere outside the beltway?

The cure for our politicians falling to temptation, is to remove the temptation, not hold out hope for a clean sweep for the angelic dream team

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
!!! American troops !!! Please come back from Afganistan to protect your families ! The real enemies are here on Wall Street ! NYPD beat innocent people !

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

I am not a fan of the military,but in this case I am finally soldiers doing what a soldier should do,fight for his country,judging from your 2 cents it's people like you the shepple who will cry while their rights are taken away,wish I could join them,finally some true patriots

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Livestream peaked at around 22K (that I saw) and now seems to hover around 13K.

I am not in agreement with some of their views. But I do not wish them the experience of miliatry "support" in this instance. I keep thinking about Kent State.

I feel with you, Maxmars, but remember, those were National Guardsmen, who had been called in by the Governor to control the "riots", not support the protesters. These are Marine Vets, not weekend warriors.

Speaking as a post-Vietnam era vet, the military view on what constitutes a lawful order has changed tremendously since then.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You know (my commie-marxist-evil-foe), we may be on the same side.
You're after those that give bribes.

I'm after the weasels that take them.

And as it is those weasels that continue to write laws, they will remain my primary focus.

Diogenes looked for an honest man.

It's time we took up the mantle.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
History is happening. Internet warriors have their (our) place. What side are you on? Are you ready to die defending your beliefs?

Yes

Sometimes, a second line really isn't needed.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

As an Honorably Discharged veteran, as long as you wear the correct uniform for the last rank held, you can not be charged with impersonating a member of the Armed Forces.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Self immolation?

Best way to bring about changes.

Just ask Mohamed Bouazizi

I just don't think westerners have the guts...

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join