It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yeah...

You got me.

I stopped believing in the tooth fairy, bogeymen and things that go bump in the dark when I was about 4. So yeah since then I stopped believing everything I've read online and especially from a Conspiracy site like it's manna from heaven.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, Beezzer. You have zero interest in addressing the problem. Because doing so might make you question your own indoctrination. Maybe you've been conditioned to believe that if you challenge your own Randian philosophy, a bomb planted in your head will go off, but, I promise you, that's not very likely to happen.

The source of the corruption is Wall Street. Sure, it'd be nice to get perfect, flawless, incorruptable politicians in office. But while we look for these magical beings, maybe it's a good idea to address what's causing the problem in the first place? I mean hey, we're human, our judgement is imperfect, if our team of teflon elves isn't as pure of heart as we thought, well, there's no reason to leave a strong corrupting influence poised to take advantage of that.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I totally understand their anger at the corrupt Money Machine, I just can't stop saying they are focused on the wrong enemy.

Maybe they just need to get organized enough to be in DC and at the FED at the same time. The FED acts on it's own, Congress doesn't control it.

We need both

Wallstreet is just the patsy, the distraction-- and I do agree they are laughing. But if we could come together and UNITE damnit

They wouldn't be laughing then

I think if peeps like you and me want the protestors to address the will of The People, we need to understand their views and meet them half way...they are The People too, in fact they are the future. By only arguing with them the bastards pulling the strings of this protest only gain ground in their minds

We need them as much as they need us if there is to be any REAL change that benefits the whole of the people

edit on 10/2/11 by Cinaed because: typos

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by beezzer

Who said anything about giving up, Beezzer? I'm telling you that your goal is childish, naive, insensible, and utterly misses the point.

"Why should I wipe my ass? I can just buy new underwear!" seems to be the basic gist of your argument here.

Fix the problem, rather than hoping to find a way around it.

I am focused on fixing the problem. And it isn't in New York.
It's sitting in DC laughing at you right now.

How can you feel that way when NYC (Wall St.) OWNS D.C. ? Surely you do realize this? Democrat, republican, or otherwise it doesn't matter. All their campaigns are bought and paid for by wall street companies. Naturally most if the actions they take in office are with wall street in mind. Find some candidates who aren't on wall streets pay roll (if there is one).

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Don't fall for it Beezz

Simple bait and switch all the con people try it when they havent a real clue what their spewing just as was pointed out so eloquently earlier in this thread when it was shown that the vast majority of the protesters didn't have a clue why they were involved.

That's why I question not the cause [which I mostly agree with] but those who are their puppet masters pulling the sheeples strings.

Anyway I'm out.
Got work in the morning.

PEACE
Semper Fi
edit on 2-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
In the OP and the source doc there are indications that the people are both active and veterans. If the vets are still in the inactive reserve or on active service they are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Read MPs.

If they are civilians they are still violating federal law if they wear their uniform except in some very narrow cases of which this isn't one. In that case they would be subject to US Code violations and could be arrested by civil authorities.

This would be a big tactical error on the vets part if they did it. By their actions they give authorities legitimate justification to arrest them and one from which they have no good defense. That action takes the spotlight off of their protest. Much better to show up in civilian dress, Tee shirts declaring their former military status and signs are great, and have a legitimate protest.

Could you give the federal statute and US Code that would be violated by this?

As a veteran and US citizen I have the right of freedom of expression, such as wearing my justly earned Military uniform as I see fit as long as it is not detrimental to the image of the branch I served.

Participating in these protests would be an honor to image of all of the military branches.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

We've been trying since the 18th century. Hasn't worked out yet, so let's try something new.

Sorry, Beezer. Your sacred cast-in-bronze cow needs to be brought to slaughter. I know, it's hard, and a difficult thought for you to entertain. But, well, if our choice is between eradicating the disease, or just hoping eventually people get immune to it.. .well, let's just say the latter option didn't work for smallpox.

Just because we've failed to bring honest people to be our elected leaders is no reason to stop. We just need to try harder. Or else give up.

Ad that, good sir, is not in my lexicon.

Right on the nose well said. We (UK is similar) need to work with the system we have. The alternative to democracy is , well just look eastward!. The right of every person to vote has been hard fought and is is up to us to make the system work. Nobody forces anybody to vote for any particular party so we quite literally get who we vote for. It's time to vote for people/parties/groups who do not try and maintain the current order (ie obscene levels of capital in the hands of the few).

The US has huge problem due its paranoid obsession with communists in the 50's which has seriously distorted the political landscape and attitudes of the people.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by spikey

Yeah, well, the TPTB foundation is crumbling.

They are in damage control. Anything they do is to attempt to re-strengthen their foundation. And when we see cops lash out inappropriately, we can see TPTB frantically hanging on to what little they have left.

Yep, i see that too.

You know, i wasn't there at the time, (not even born) and i know it's not the same thing, but i see many parallels between what is going on now in the US, with the oppression of most real Americans to favour and further elevate the few elitist power mongers who are basically running your/our lives now, with what happened to the black Americans in the 50's and 60's, and the violence and brutal oppression they experienced at the hands of the government and police of the time.

I remember seeing film of what was peaceful protests and marches, looking like the aftermath of a battle..tear gas wafting along the streets, people laying on the ground covered in blood from being violently beaten by the police.

And what did the black people want? Freedom and equality..a fair shake, and access to what the 'elites' of the day had.

Not a million miles away from what is happening now.

Now look at the US today, just a few decades on. A black president, black secretary of state, one of the wealthiest women in the US..Oprah, who also happens to have been born black.

Things do change, so i agree the last gasp of defending the foundation of 'old thinking' elitism isn't going to be pretty. It's going to get frantically ugly i fear, as it did in the 60's. Those with the power, and those that lust after it, don't want to share, they never do, and they normally won't give it up with a whimper either.

But then again, i don't remember the protesters marching for equality and freedoms being backed up my uniformed members of the military back then, if they had, things might have been a little easier for them and the government and police might have thought twice before treating them as badly as they did back then.

Hopefully, because of the Soldiers being there and standing tall in the middle, they'll think twice today.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
like 1 twitter update per second

twitter

nypd sets trap at brooklyn bridge testimony
JP Morgan donated 4.6million to the NYPD

edit on 2-10-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Who said anything about giving up, Beezzer? I'm telling you that your goal is childish, naive, insensible, and utterly misses the point.

"Why should I wipe my ass? I can just buy new underwear!" seems to be the basic gist of your argument here.

Fix the problem, rather than hoping to find a way around it.

I am focused on fixing the problem. And it isn't in New York.
It's sitting in DC laughing at you right now.

What does the federal reserve have to do with corporate legislation and wars and stomping on small business' neck exactly?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
God, I love this country! You have the right to protest.. but we will still incarcerate 500 of you just because we need the scrilla!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Partisanity

QE1
QE2
QE3

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

What does the federal reserve have to do with corporate legislation and wars and stomping on small business' neck exactly?

Wouldn't it be easier to google this than to waste another member's time having explain it to you?

If you made it this far, you no doubt have what it takes to research this on your own, like the rest of the adults here.

*Best of luck

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I support these people for facing the corruption of wall street - but come on, don't forget the FED and those idiots in government.
edit on 1-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

Are controlled buy the money.
Like they used to say in the old detective shows, follow the money, find the crook.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
God, I love this country! You have the right to protest.. but we will still incarcerate 500 of you just because we need the scrilla!

If I was driving down the road and 700 idiots were in it...id want them arrested too...how dumb do you have to be to protest in the street...its a pain for everyone who needs that street who doesn't care one way or another about this protest.

They were arrested for blocking the street.....rightfully so.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You should watch CNN Now they will be talking about the wall street protest right after the strange we support you american army message? i found pretty strange of CNN to be doing that.

Well that was pretty short.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

No, Beezzer. You have zero interest in addressing the problem. Because doing so might make you question your own indoctrination. Maybe you've been conditioned to believe that if you challenge your own Randian philosophy, a bomb planted in your head will go off, but, I promise you, that's not very likely to happen.

The source of the corruption is Wall Street. Sure, it'd be nice to get perfect, flawless, incorruptable politicians in office. But while we look for these magical beings, maybe it's a good idea to address what's causing the problem in the first place? I mean hey, we're human, our judgement is imperfect, if our team of teflon elves isn't as pure of heart as we thought, well, there's no reason to leave a strong corrupting influence poised to take advantage of that.

I get the sense that you, among many, are afraid to address the core problem. It's "safe" to protest banks. It's "safe" to protest corporations.
But go up against the coruption in DC?

edit on 2-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Fox only had a short blurb as well, blah blah blah and then onto the next story

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Hello Everyone-
This is my first post after being a lurker for several years.
I read to page 5 on this topic and juat had to get this point out there- sorry if I've duplicated someone else's thought.

How many NYPD are ex-military?
I'm from the midwest, and out here, anyone applying to either a police force or fire department gets extra credit for military service. For example, my nephew applied to be a firefighter. He scored in the 99th percentile on the written test and in the 95th percentile on the physical test (ex-college athlete) yet he barely made the cut because there were others who scored far less than him on the tests, yet were leap-frogged ahead of him on the hiring list because of military background. I would be very surprised if the vast majority of the upper echelon of the NYPD (the White Shirts) weren't veterans themselves.

I also agree that a photo/video of NYPD going after a uniformed veteran would play very poorly out here in the boondocks.

This is going to be very interesting.

MW

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join