It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Never said it'd be easy.

But we gotta try.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Get honest, decent people in DC and no amount of corrupt influence will have an effect.

Let me know as soon as someone with the aforementioned qualities is running for office. I will support anyone who I truly belives has those qualities. Maybe Rossane Barr. (she is actually running for president if you didnt know) but thats about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We've been trying since the 18th century. Hasn't worked out yet, so let's try something new.

Sorry, Beezer. Your sacred cast-in-bronze cow needs to be brought to slaughter. I know, it's hard, and a difficult thought for you to entertain. But, well, if our choice is between eradicating the disease, or just hoping eventually people get immune to it.. .well, let's just say the latter option didn't work for smallpox.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

Don't you mean...

Rosanne Barr LLC

Who made her Millions working for Corporate TV and Sponsors?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonex

Then I propose starting The Diogenes Society.

We can all start looking.

oops, it already exists!
www.diogenesny.org...
edit on 2-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

What a joke you think that over 200 years of continuous history is a failure?
Meanwhile look at countries like China and Russia, Their system of Government have change hands so many times it hard to keep track.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
merle haggard had it down in 81'.

he saw it back then. nothing new, though.

maybe a little libertarian?

then there was the other side from 1970

more of what this movement is like, it has it all,

san fran style, hijack and become the ptb. free stuff, romantic, drugs, violence, and anti christian!! great stuff when you were a idealist teen. just bought a new copy.

edit on 2-10-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.” Henry Kissinger.
This is what those governing our planet think of us all.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The-Hammer

What a joke you think that over 200 years of continuous history is a failure?
Meanwhile look at countries like China and Russia, Their system of Government have change hands so many times it hard to keep track.

I think your standards are confused. All history is continuous, that's what makes it history. If your standard is set by ruling regimes, well, the US changes hands every four to eight years. if you mean peaceful transfers of that power, well, we can only claim 146 years for that one (Less, if you think Johnson offed Kennedy or that Bush stole elections.) if you mean the stability of one particular system of government, well, we've been an oligarchy ever since a bunch of wealthy planters and tradesmen sat down and wrote up a document that existed for them and people like them (yeah, that part about not being able to vote if you're not wealthy? That's not actually democracy. Thought you might like to know)

Which brings us to my point. The system we have is, by its nature corrupt, beholden to the interests of plutocrats rather than the populace as a whole. we have demonstrated a few times that it is possible to reform some aspects of the system, by attacking and defeating the root cause of the disenfranchisement. So. Why not go for the gusto, and rip the "landed gentry" from their position of control?

it's not going to happen by patiently waiting every couple of years to "elect" a new crop of pre-invested puppets. You want to fix the system, you go after what's causing the goddamned problem in the first palce.

edit on 2/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by beezzer

We've been trying since the 18th century. Hasn't worked out yet, so let's try something new.

Sorry, Beezer. Your sacred cast-in-bronze cow needs to be brought to slaughter. I know, it's hard, and a difficult thought for you to entertain. But, well, if our choice is between eradicating the disease, or just hoping eventually people get immune to it.. .well, let's just say the latter option didn't work for smallpox.

Just because we've failed to bring honest people to be our elected leaders is no reason to stop. We just need to try harder. Or else give up.

Ad that, good sir, is not in my lexicon.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you believe that the control of our government (whores) is just fine in the hands of the corporations (pimps), and we are more or less progressing towards a capitalistic utopia, just say that and GET OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION!!! You add nothing meaningful to the discourse, and the combination of your ignorance and insults only make you seem to be a lot less intelligent than (and I'm going out on a limb, here) you probably really are. No society that allows only one frame of thought can survive. It's plain to see that you really don't have anything to say, other than all the garbage that you have previously stated (and seem to repeat daily). You are like a corporatist talking points machine. It just seems to go on and on and on...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.” Henry Kissinger.
This is what those governing our planet think of us all.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What? Those of us who have served are now suppose to defend Henry Kissinger?

Kissinger was an ASS

edit on 2-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'd love to see a fight between the Police and the Marines

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Who said anything about giving up, Beezzer? I'm telling you that your goal is childish, naive, insensible, and utterly misses the point.

"Why should I wipe my ass? I can just buy new underwear!" seems to be the basic gist of your argument here.

Fix the problem, rather than hoping to find a way around it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

This isn't a video game! Those are REAL people, any idea how many innocent get hurt in that scenario?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
All you guys on the East coast need to get to wall street soon as. This could be the defining moment in your countries history. The more people there , the more the police will have to try and come down hard. Well not all of them. Then I beleive that MSM will have to follow this alot closer. Ever that or the goverment will create another false flag attack, to divert the worlds media.

Protest now like its the end. By the way 2012 is on tv right now here in NZ. Bet that will put all the people here in Christchurch on edge again.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

it's not going to happen by patiently waiting every couple of years to "elect" a new crop of pre-invested puppets. You want to fix the system, you go after what's causing the goddamned problem in the first palce.

Who are you to overrule the constitution?

I dunno about the others here but I start filling sandbags and surveying possible approaches to my home for emplacements when I read people talking about and advocating communism, union involvement and overthrowing the Government.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Protest now like its the end. By the way 2012 is on tv right now here in NZ. Bet that will put all the people here in Christchurch on edge again.

Only because it's a goddamned terrible movie. Ugh.

Sadly, I have a continent between myself and New York. And if I could just drop trou and hop a direct flight, I'd have the eternal shame of beezer admiring me

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Who said anything about giving up, Beezzer? I'm telling you that your goal is childish, naive, insensible, and utterly misses the point.

"Why should I wipe my ass? I can just buy new underwear!" seems to be the basic gist of your argument here.

Fix the problem, rather than hoping to find a way around it.

I am focused on fixing the problem. And it isn't in New York.
It's sitting in DC laughing at you right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Who are you to overrule the constitution?

I dunno about the others here but I start filling sandbags and surveying possible approaches to my home for emplacements when I read people talking about and advocating communism, union involvement and overthrowing the Government.

"Unions? QUICK, TO THE STORM SHELTERS! They might ask for a paid holiday!!!!"

Your government's already been overthrown. You're too busy kissing the asses of the people who did it, hoping that you can get some "trickle down" from the hole to notice that it happened.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join