It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonex
reply to post by beezzer

D.C. and the current state of government in general is certainly a symptom of the problem. Government in and of itself is not inherently bad. Bad government is bad. Good government is good. Sadly, the problem with government today is that it is bought and paid for BY wall street and the rest of corrupt capitalism.

Get people in DC . . .

THAT CAN'T BE BOUGHT

and you eliminate the problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by beezzer

Who put the ass holes in DC? The PEOPLE that vote based on their own financial situation, in large part.

People vote given the options they have. Those who actually DO vote at least. In a world of 60,70,80 hour work weeks or more, with kids and barely time to breathe, its hard for some people to really educate themselves on who (if any) is actually a good candidate for a political position. Granted, this is no excuse, but a certain amount of blame has to go to the propaganda pushers who for decades in this country have lied to the American people, making them think voting for lower taxes and moral issues will somehow help them. the 99% often votes against it's own personal interest due to ignorance.

If you are not of that 1%, why vote the way you do? You are not a temporarily embarassed member of the 1%, you aren't going to "get yours". Working your way up the ladder is about like trying to win the lottery. Admiteddly there may have been a time not so long ago where the odds weren't as astronomically against you, but that it just not the case today. Sorry to go too far off topic if I have.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

I think we both want the same thing but we're going about it differently.

Imagine a patient.
They have a tumour.

You want the patient to feel more comfortable by prescribing meds that'll make them feel better.

I want to remove the tumour.

edit on 2-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What if the tumor is inoperable? Surely it would kill the patient.....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Anonex
reply to post by beezzer

D.C. and the current state of government in general is certainly a symptom of the problem. Government in and of itself is not inherently bad. Bad government is bad. Good government is good. Sadly, the problem with government today is that it is bought and paid for BY wall street and the rest of corrupt capitalism.

Get people in DC . . .

THAT CAN'T BE BOUGHT

Believe me, as a laymen working class guy, I do my very best to vote for someone who I feel can not be bought. Sadly, I rarely see anyone like that running for much of anything. Yes, that includes the ever so popular Dr. Ron Paul, im sorry to say.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Who put the ass holes in DC? The PEOPLE that vote based on their own financial situation, in large part.

Yeah, People voting tends to happen in Democracies. The vast Majority are now supposed to bow down to a small group of protesters who stand around twittering their displeasure while standing outside Wall street with their hands out?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by beezzer

What if the tumor is inoperable? Surely it would kill the patient.....

Then we close up shop and quit this little experiment called America.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Yes.

Let's throw the baby out with the bathwater in frustration.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

If this is the case then medicating the patient only prolongs the inevitable. They just die addicted

I would rather go out fighting on my feet than a junkie

link   
reply to post by Anonex

It's frustrating. True. But we all have to work, like Diogenes, and search for that one honest man.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

In this case, the tumor is greed. It can't be removed. It's already spreading and killing our country. The only way that I think it's going to be fixed for any length of time, will be with a revolution, or at the very least some massive reform. That's the one Achilles heel to our government. We can't change it very fast.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

In this case, the tumor is greed. It can't be removed. It's already spreading and killing our country. The only way that I think it's going to be fixed for any length of time, will be with a revolution, or at the very least some massive reform. That's the one Achilles heel to our government. We can't change it very fast.

We can't remove "greed" but we can remove those that promote it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

As someone just mentioned, that's just about everyone nowadays.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I don't worship the wealthy, just admire them. I want to be wealthy. I want to have more.

I admire men and women who accomplish things for their fellow human beings. Some have money. Many don't. I have no interest in being wealthy; I want enough to live well, but i have no need or desire for golden toilets and thirty homes.

It used to be called, "The Americn Dream" to have wealth, property.

Not quite. See, the "American dream" is the belief that a person can, with work and diligence, have a comfortable living and be able to support their family, and finally retire with grace. At least, that's the economic aspect of it. Unfortunately, this dream is something that no longer exists; today most Americans are working harder for less pay. because of people like you who demand that the bottom 80% be penalized for the benefit of the top 1%, because you're deluded enough to think that you will rise from the bottom to the top, like daisies out of a pile of cow crap.

But wth folks like yourself, who have made "personal wealth" a foul thing, it has created (your fault) a class warfare just because you are to damned lazy and selfish to work for it.

Much like Neo, you seem content to wallow in your own ignorance here. I'll address you on this point if you can find some way to phrase it where I won't feel like I'm trying to explain physics to a puppy who just ate its own vomit, kay?

Punish the rich? Why? Because they made it and you didn't?

There is no punishment of the rich. If they were being punished, they wouldn't be rich.

Weak and pathetic.

What, your argument?

Want change? Try DC, stop being their damned lapdog. You are playing to the tune THEY want you to dance to.

Sigh.

Who owns DC, Beezer? Who benefits every legislative session, whether we threw the bums out or not? Who holds the purse strings, whose interests guide legislation and execution? I understand that these are questions which unsettle, perhaps even frighten you, but the old adage - follow the money - is always true.

Sure, the politicians are corrupt. Seems prudent to me to remove the corrupting influence before worrying about getting new politicians, though. Gotta get the knife out before you try to stitch up the stab wound, after all.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

As someone just mentioned, that's just about everyone nowadays.

Don't mistake greed for wanting to improve yourself/your family.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

You aren't going to get more, unless protests like this get somewhere. The economy has been on a downhill trend for about 15 years now. it's going down, and it's not coming back up.

15 years?

REALLY?

Do we have a source for that or are we just pulling figures out of thin air here?
I'd love to see what you're basing your data on.

They're the same people that vote big business every year, and have caused the imbalance to begin with. The old, slightly wealthy, self centered, and well trained chimps.

Those people are the majority that you seem to forget call the shots by voting. If your grand plan is to alienate the vast majority then where does this leave the "Movement"

These are the ass holes that simply vote with their party each election year and are completely ignorant of the candidates.

I vote.

I'm an asshole?
I work, pay taxes, raised two wonderful children. My son was deployed to Iraq. Made it back safely is now attending college so is my daughter. I'm an Ass hole for working, voting and raising a family?

Some people need to seriously square THEIR ass away!

Semper Fi

edit on 2-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Get honest, decent people in DC and no amount of corrupt influence will have an effect.

link   
reply to post by ThestargateisrealI would disagree and say the tumor is lack of work ethic and sense of entitlement. You can't legislate life to be fair, it isn't fair. Life is difficult, expecting it to always be equal and fair is unrealistic.

There is much greed and corruption but it stems from the above statement in my humble opinion

It is the people that have bought into consumerism. How much stuff do you have in your house you don't need at all, or even use? All these toys and pretty shinys that make like easier and more fun.... why do we think we need the crap?

If you want to call it greed, how can you punish someone that is making money off the greed of the general public? You blame the greed of the business man, I blame the greed of the consumer hell bent on more stuff, higher wages, less work (more play time) and more entitlements

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You need to learn to read.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Get people in DC . . .

THAT CAN'T BE BOUGHT

Yeah, sure. We'll find one of those fabled creatures right away! Oh, I know, how about... wait no, Beezer admires the wealthy and wants more of that stuff, so he's obviously corruptable. oh dear, where will we find someone who can't be bought?
edit on 2/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join