It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

I agree it's more effective (for now) but I still say they are missing the bigger target

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

They're obviously organized. I'm willing to wait and hope that things will unfold properly. I wouldn't underestimate the intelligence of the leaders behind this. Who knows where they'll take this. They do have ex-soldiers willing to protect them, after all.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by beezzer

Shutting down wallstreet is 10 times more effective than protesting in DC. I live in DC, no one here gives a f**k when someone protests here.

Egads! By shutting down Wall Street, we are ignoring DC. We need to oncentrate on the cause of our ills, not the bloody symptom!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yes because once they have your money, you aren't getting anything more than what you need to survive back, If you even get that. Why you'd think it's fair for almost everybody to be born with less than feudal times is beyond me. People rebelled back then when 2% was screwing us, now it's only 1% and you think we are going to sit around and let these twits make us work twice as much as any caveman ever did just to survive. You can keep your plastic junk, toxic chemicals and bull# I don't want any of them. Wake up, you and your beliefs are a fossil and I won't be having some old geezer like you riding my back. I won't work to help you even if you stick a gun to my head, help yourself you communist swine.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

There is no way I am under estimating the REAL people behind the movement....but it is not the youth you see on the street....they are mostly the very *fat cats* these peeps are protesting

Just sayin

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

agreed about the DC shift ... they frequently shift their attention away from protests.
but, what too many ppl are missing is that simply blockading the right of way (street) does NOTHING to impede the Wall St involved in our misery.
the trades continue, they go up, they go down, just like always.
Wall St is symbolic, i understand ... but isn't symbolism part of what got us here?

IF there is to be a change, it will not happen on Wall St.
IF there is to be a positive force in all of this, it will not originate on Wall St
IF we the people are to be united, then we need to be more than merely symbolic.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

I think you're just worried that they'll take your xbox and your paint respirator away. If wallstreet falls poor and needy Americans might actually have jobs making goods again, and you'll still have your precious things.

wall street is not going to fall because of these protests. That is probably what the protesters want though.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If wallstreet has pressure then our basic grievance will have to be addressed. Who is responsible is not important, the problem itself is. I think that the basic problem in itself will provide enough support, no matter who an individual feels is to blame. By shutting down wallstreet, they're going after the problem, and they're going to get noticed a lot more so than in DC. Someone earlier mentioned burning a city down. In order to see any progress in DC, you would need to light something on fire. Our PD is too well equipped to deal with protestors, for it to ever get anywhere in DC. Not to mention, causing grief to a few politicians is not nearly as effective as making your presence known on wallstreet.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Wow so much for respecting our Torontos local News CP24
Our Local news cliamed that the wall street

Some say that Wall Streets Protest Is The Tea Party movement of the Liberals

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wow that's awfully noble I second this and hope that many other government workers or affiliates would be so bold and demonstrate with the good people.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Did you go to their website and have a look at how many people are behind this thing?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo, our country operated quite well before the initiation of big banks, big corporations, and big stock exchanges.

If you don't believe that it can operate without them then you have blinded yourself to the ideals this country was founded upon.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
Thomas Jefferson

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
For anyone who may not know this there are demonstrations going on all over the country except for a few states. I am sure they will probably join in shortly. Anyone interested it it occupytogether.org. It will give the listings among other information.

I can't support the protests themselves, because it's not overly difficult to see who's pulling the strings. They've not got your best interests at heart any more than the wall Street bankers and traders do.

I'll come a-runnin' if they're fired upon by the government, because stomping down the people I cannot abide, whether I agree with their philosophy or not. Until and unless that happens, they'll have to have their protests without me or my support.

Should that occur, then when the dust settles and the smoke clears, the REAL hell to pay will start for those string-pullers I mentioned above.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

wall street is not going to fall because of these protests.

Well it may if it turns into rioting and if it continues.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Millions of middle-class people have 401K's, 403B's and investments in Wall Street. You want those people hurt?

Wall Street is made up of investors trying to make money for themselves and the people that hire them.

This is akin to protesting Krogers because the price of wheat/bread has gone up due to government intervention.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch

LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.. CAN YOU IMAGINE NEXT WEEKS HEADLINES...

Yeah I can... "Jobless claims down" or "Casey Anthony's First Interview to Air" or "Everything's Fine Everybody.. Shhh, Go Nightnight"

That said, they can't ignore it forever. I'm going to the Occupy in Los Angeles tomorrow with a sign in both hands

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm pretty sure that is the Agenda of TPTB

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The way things are heading sweetie, you might as well forget about that 401k, that SSI, and any other # from our government or economy.
Unless you're less than ten years away from being able to draw on any of those, you should assume that those are already gone.

Which I might add, is why so many young people are so pissed.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

The way things are heading sweetie, you might as well forget about that 401k, that SSI, and any other # from our government or economy.
Unless you're less than ten years away from being able to draw on any of those, you should assume that those are already gone.

I lost a few grand in 08. Took all my money out and bought gold instead.
I don't expect social security, t'is why I bought gold.
But millions of othr americans still have their life savings in Wall Street.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Cool I hope this sends out messages to the other soldiers and the numbers grow dramatically. I bet the elite and puppet's are pulling their hair out over this because they didnt want it to spread to america.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join